[ACT I] the beast help

+
I had about 5 or 6 attempts at the Beast recently.Enough endurance to cast Aard twice.Damage the Beast a little then Aard, no stun, Aard again, no stun, 6 barghest and the Beast eat me, repeat.After a few goes I decided I would drink Tawny Owl as fast as I could and try to get a extra cast of Aard.First Aard I cast after drinking Tawny Owl stunned the Beast, go figure.

I don't know if I'd go so far as to call this corroboration , but I'm just replaying the game (order path -ew!), but i was dreading the end of Act I (as usual) and I've never bothered with Tawny owl before, but after the last post, I figured what the heck? it worked for meMind you, I also too a full moon and a willow, meditated for an hour, then got a swallow( ready which i took just as the beast was appearing.)two attempts at aard later, the beast was dead. sure the first attempt didn't work, but the second did, maybe there's something to this tawny owl after all.I generally always go for the full moon and willow for this fight (since the first run-through, anyway) and it's always a pitched battle -- this seems like a definite improvement

my geralt took the sage advice of the esteemed Kalkstein and *experiments* with his alchemy ... he thought hmmm ... what does this phosphorus stuff do anyway ?

Griswold said:
Griswold said:
I never had any problem whatsoever with the Beast.Oo Always stunned it, instant-kill, no problem.
I bet u play it on easy/normal.. it doesn't work on hard difficultyanyway i found the Beast one of the most challenging bosses...
That was on hard. On normal I saved the witch, and it was actually much harder. Probably because I didn't know that Aard stunned people!

MysterD said:
Easiest way to beat the Beast.First, make sure you have gained already the STUN ability.
1.Highlight your Aard Sign.2.Go for a STUN (Right click) on the Beast.3.If he didn't get stunned, go back to Step 2.If he did get stunned, go to Step 4.4.Do a DEATH KILL (Left Click).5.He's dead, you win.
Next time, use the big red S to highlight a spolier! Some people don't WANT to know!

mikaldhuber said:
mikaldhuber said:
mikaldhuber said:
how do I get spector oil he says that he don't have oil making abilties yetPlease help
you can buy it off Abigail
And just WHEN am I supposed to DO that? It's hardfly helpful to remind us of what we should have or could have done!
You can do it any time before you tell the reverend that everyone should stay inside.

Man, am I glad to find this post. I was starting to wonder if I was the only person to waste an evening playing (and replaying) this boss battle on hard.I just hope they never port this game to a console. Those controllers are too expensive to fling across the room.

Spam your pause key as the end of the cutscene gets nearer. Then you can save before the fight really gets underway. It makes redoing it much easier :p p.s. lol that so many people make new posts about this. They always get the same replies that are in the sticky ^^

1) this should be moved.2) some people have luck with swallow, spectre oil, and killing off the barghests first. I kept dying. maybe I just suck. also, the game slows because of the fire stuff for me, and I found it hard to target the beast when I wanted to.how I did it: I actually restarted so I could get STUN aard and make my aard really good. it may take once, it may take 15 reloads, but eventually, you will stun the beast and then can one hit kill him. I finally killed him at like 11:59 the night before my second day working at an internship. I was so freaking happy.I found the beast to be the most reloads needed. btw, you should have searched for how to kill the beast before posting.keywords: kill the beast act I in short: AARD AARD AARD!!!

Top Bottom