[ACT I] the beast help

+
i've done like everything it has asked me to do. i have no idea how to find the beast.. i always walk around at night but im never able to find him as hard as i try.. i have like 2000 gold and got bord of beatin ppl up and gambling i want to move on to act2 but i cant find the beast to kill it or "try" too can sumone help me im practically new to this game had it for about 2-3 days nowty ;)

Maybe you should work on the quests the Reverend gives you...
Have you done a task for Odo, Haren, and Mikul? Have you lit the candles at all five of the chapels?
I'd suggest you take care of all business you have in the outskirts though. You likely wont be back.

Darmoth said:
Maybe you should work on the quests the Reverend gives you...
Have you done a task for Odo, Haren, and Mikul? Have you lit the candles at all five of the chapels?
I'd suggest you take care of all business you have in the outskirts though. You likely wont be back.
uhh im pretty shure i did. he's been sayin tha same damn thing over and over.. nothin new..

Have you checked your Journal?
Near the end the Reverend tells you the location of the Salamander's hideout, after taking care of them, you'll be faced with an angry mob then you'll have to make a choice. Regardless of which choice you make you'll fight the beast next.

@ shadyboi101 we will take this step by step ;) First off are you using a Save game from the Demo ?if so plz don't it will only mess you up you are better off just starting over if that the case.First off don't worry to much about the beast you will find him in due time.Check your quest Log make sure you done all the quest that you where given You can also set up your quest log to show only the quest you dint do yet .Also talk to the npc as well some of them will give you side quest as well if you use your Alt most of the npc that show up green they will give you other side quest most of them do not all of them.I know the first time I played the game there where a lot of thing I missed out on post back here if you need more help that's what we are here for ;)you can go in to your Journal I think you can hit the J key depending if you are using keyboard then go to quest open that then on the bottom of the you will see show only active quest click on that it will show you what quest you dint do make it easy for you to see ;)

On my second playtrought I had as weird situation I stun the Beast and the Abigail killed it :) Did anyone else have this situation , in some other discusion someone even mentioned Berengar killing the Javad but I can't prove it since it never hapend to me , and for the Beast just use aerd .

nighthunter said:
On my second playtrought I had as weird situation I stun the Beast and the Abigail killed it :) Did anyone else have this situation , in some other discusion someone even mentioned Berengar killing the Javad but I can't prove it since it never hapend to me , and for the Beast just use aerd .
But then that would mean you don't get the XP for killing the beast, only for completing the quest.

Wow, I had it really easy. I admit, I'm playing on medium (easy was just a little too walkthrough-ish for me :) ), but hard must be really hard in comparison. All I did was choose to leave Abigail to the villagers
at which point she cursed me in the name of the lionhead spider, making me feel better :)
then I ran up to the fight bit, and when the Beast appeared I hit him with aard, stunned him, and whacked his head off. Really quick battle, although I got no experience from the little green mutts...

When I did this quest, I let the witch get toasted, on hard, and it was really easy. I thought that my install was broken.One aard, it fell over, and I instakilled it. Rather anticlimatic!

in hard mode, without any buff at lvl 9 it's nearly impossible to do, tryed for 3H of dying, like 60 try.- She forget to heal very often she prefere think she is better than me at weapon Oo- She is often 1HT by beast, or 3hit by little dog who never miss. One time she is dead and i dont even see any dog look at her- The sadest part is the hero dont pay attention to command i use, i ask to move right to beast and he no want move and if i ask again he go left Oo. Look like collision still have lot of issue. Often move are canceled by attack of mob, the sadest part i really feel i m the only one who suffer this penality, dogs and her move a lot arround me and i try to follow them even jump dont work pretty often.I feel luky when hero do what i ask, and no i have good computer without any lag.I tryed to use pause, but even that dont work well, i select mob i want hit and .... sometime he go after another he often prefere stick on mob in front of him./WTB Avatar who listen order of their master.WTB Healer who heal.this fight look very easy, but gameplay made it very hard without preparation.

I've played the game on hard and on medium. Having played on hard (for me anyway) i found no benefit and no real difference in the fights (those of you who watch the HP stats may disagree - but as long as my geralt doesn't die, i call it a successful battle). I've had to do the beast 30 times in a row due to bad luck on medium and then whacked it almost instantly on hard -- not to mention vice-versa.Personally, I chalk it up to dumb luck and I don't obsess about it anymore (i'm way too busy obsessing over other stuff anyway!)

I saw in Berengar's Notes that it may be possible to defeat the Beast in an alternate way than I've done the past 3 times I've played the game. Everyone knows the usual way. However, even though I know how to produce De'Vries Extract, I can't seem to find an alcohol base strong enough. (needs 5 ingredient slots) (side note: White Gull doesn't work)Also, in Berengar's notes, he mentions that the beast would ask you a question and if you answer it correctly...you win. So, I'm just really trying to find out if I can make the De'vries Extract, find the Beast at night, and answer his riddle and thus set in motion a entirely different set of events (i.e. Not leading the Beast to destroy the entire town.) Or...I'm I just wasting my time. :-\

I thought the same thing about the riddle and the beast, but i am now convinced that the only riddle is the one described / posed by abigail -- what walks on 4 feet in the morning, 2 feet in the afteroon and 3 feet in the evening?good luck with the de vries potion, i cannot understand why white gull would not work. It does in every single other case when the best base is required.

Quick Update:I did in fact figure out how to create the De'Vrie's Extract and I used it to find the beast. No luck. Then, I decided, well he does have a couple of spawn points to where he howls and sets a group of kamikaze green doggies after you, soooo...why not use it there? So I did. AND...he vanishes. Even the De'Vrie's Extract is pointless...right?So, then I decided I'd use a blizzard potion to gain some ground and get close to him before he vanishes. THAT WORKED! AND HE HAS A "lips" ICON IN WHICH TO SPEAK WITH HIM! So, I tried to speak with him...and tried...and tried...and tried...then he vanishes. :wall:

that is exactly my experience, don't beat yourself up any more, unless you truly are a glutton for punishment. Just bite the bullet and kill the beast, it's tough but not impossible, even for someone like me who sucks majorly at battle, well at least in that one, the rest are fine.

Top Bottom