[ACT I] the beast help

+
DanConnors said:
As the mountain climber said before disappearing forever on mount Everest "Because it's there." Dual cores are 3 years old; quad cores are almost 2 years old, This year they're coming with the Octals, and I'm getting one. Because it's here.
Problem is that most software haven't adapted for quad-core much even as we speak. So how long till octals will be effectu

Thanks to the tips in this thread, I managed to beat the Beast on my second try.The first time was a bit of a "duh!" moment, as I drank white honey just before I stepped out of the cave. I also made the mistake of going toe-to-toe with the beast. Then I got stunned (or whatever special attack it was) and it was time for the reload screen. :hmmm:The second time around, I made sure I buffed up with spectre oil, swallow & tawny owl. Group style took care of the barghests and I made sure I did hit and runs on the Beast. Still it wasn't going too well, but at least I kept my vitality above the half way mark. Then all of a sudden the battle was over and I was like "Huh?" ???To be honest I still don't know what killed the Beast. Maybe it was Abigail but I could swear she was on her back most of the time. Couldn't really defend her I was too busy dealing with the barghests, dashing in to whack the Beast once or twice, and running away for vitality and endurance to recharge. Aarding it didn't help much as I couldn't achieve the knockdown. Maybe I should have visited the Circle of Power first before entering the hut... :teeth:

I just had an absolute HELL of a time with this, finally won after a dozen reloads. The first two times I beat this was practically by accident, with a good Aard and a one-shot kill, on Medium and Hard difficulty. This time I didn't spend in Aard, so even with Circle and Power effects I couldn't knock the Beast down.Instead I had to hide out in the area between one house and the shed, poking at barghests until I could draw the beast in close enough to swipe. I found that Igni does work but not very well, only hitting for 6-7 points. Kind of a cheesy tactic, but perhaps no less than getting a lucky knockdown-kill. The value of Aard here really can't be overstated.

DokEnkephalin said:
Instead I had to hide out in the area between one house and the shed, poking at barghests until I could draw the beast in close enough to swipe.
Kinda wimpy for Geralt to result to this tactic isn't it? This sort of action could ruin a witcher's reputation.

Chuckles said:
Chuckles said:
Instead I had to hide out in the area between one house and the shed, poking at barghests until I could draw the beast in close enough to swipe.
Kinda wimpy for Geralt to result to this tactic isn't it? This sort of action could ruin a witcher's reputation.
to be exact, I think it really don't matter, I mean I ran off when I had low health or when I needed to get a good hit on the barghestsbut for some odd reason I never ran off after the first time I did it.

Running in circles is key to winning this fight. You run to keep distance between you and the howling pack. You run to allow your health and vitality to increase. Finally you run so you can take a blizzard potion which helps make the entire fight winnable.

:wall: :wall: :wall:this took me a million times cos Abigail kept dieing (or so i thought). I thought she was dead so i kept reloading :wall: If i knew that i would have done it first time! :mad:Killing the actual beast is really easy. before i exit the cave I coat my blade in spectre oil and then as soon as the battle starts i kill most or all of the dogs before concentrating on the beast. a fully charged aard allows me to kil the beast in one if im lucky but otherwise it doesnt take many 3x strong combos and hes finished and i dont even need a swallow potion.. I didnt really bother with Blizzard for this battle as i cant see wtf im doing most of the time and combat is 10 times harder. But if I knew i didnt need to protect Abigail then i would probs have used it straight away.

liveinabox said:
:wall: :wall: :wall:this took me a million times cos Abigail kept dieing (or so i thought). I thought she was dead so i kept reloading :wall: If i knew that i would have done it first time! :mad:Killing the actual beast is really easy. before i exit the cave I coat my blade in spectre oil and then as soon as the battle starts i kill most or all of the dogs before concentrating on the beast. a fully charged aard allows me to kil the beast in one if im lucky but otherwise it doesnt take many 3x strong combos and hes finished and i dont even need a swallow potion.. I didnt really bother with Blizzard for this battle as i cant see wtf im doing most of the time and combat is 10 times harder. But if I knew i didnt need to protect Abigail then i would probs have used it straight away.
Abigail doesnt really die, she just gets knocked out.really don't have to use oils to kill the beast but, I just use my signs and use my silver sword on it.

CrossShire said:
CrossShire said:
Abigail doesnt really die, she just gets knocked out.really don't have to use oils to kill the beast but, I just use my signs and use my silver sword on it.
you dont have a silver sword by then ???

liveinabox said:
liveinabox said:
liveinabox said:
you dont have a silver sword by then ???
:wall: I meant steel sword, I was out of the moment there.

Really, all you have to do is invest in Aard, putting all the Bronze points into it except disarm. On your first chance, hit the puppy with Aard. If you're lucky you'll have stunned it.Perform your finishing move. All doggies go back to hell :evil:.Then clean up the villagers (if you are on that path). Fini.The more I play TWEE, the easier this becomes. Don't fret noobs, there IS an answer. Just ensure that you've levelled up as much as you can without grinding too much before attempting the beast.And if you are saving Abigail, do not worry if she gets knocked to the ground, she's not dead! Just sleeping :sleep:

Hi there! :wave:The Beast is easier to kill with a meteoric sword. If you find three meteoric stones before the end of Chapter 1, the blacksmith dwarf will forge you a better sword.Then you can use special oil against spectre, and a blizzard elixir in order to accurate your reflex.

is it even possible to get 3 meteores in Chap 1? on another note the kikimore queen is the easiest boss in the world..

Dont waste your meteorites in first act, get better swords as you go in Act 2 and 3....use them then as its expensive to forge a sword-600orens. Drink some potions like a Swallow and Blizzard, it will regenerate vitality which you'll need and Blizzard will make you move so fast, you might have a chance at saving the witch, your friend. Do create a save point before you go up against the Beast as you will probably need a couple of goes at it at least. When you defeat everyone theres some nice coin, weapons etc. Have fun!

greengirl61 said:
Dont waste your meteorites in first act, get better swords as you go in Act 2 and 3....use them then as its expensive to forge a sword-600orens.
There is one sword which is truly worth forging in Act I if you have chosen specific paths: 3 red meteorite. I'll go out on a limb and say that it is better than anything you'll get in Acts II and III. Act IV is the next sword level-up ;D

Good to know Chuckles. Appreciate the tip. Im more stingy w/orens i guess and 600 orens to forge a new sword every couple of acts makes me wince. Im glad that you can actually store your old sword w/an innkeeper and sell it to the same guy forging a new sword for you but you can only carry one type of sword on you at a time 1 silver/1 steel. I realize you dont just turn in your 3 pcs of meteorite for steel or 3 diff runes for silver and get them forged...you actually get a whole new sword that your pcs are taken from inventory to forge the sword for quite a handsome price too. So if you store the old sword w/the innkeeper you could technically leave the steel sword at the taven; take your silver sword in to the area you intend to fight monsters; pick up that new stronger steel sword and bring it back to the innkeeper who still has your old steel sword-sell your old one for about 160 orens to the forging guy, collect your orens-go back to innkeeper and grab the new improved sword and have the forging guy remove the 3 pcs from your inventory and create an even better sword for the price of 440 orns it'll work out to in the end. Go gamle that 160 orens in poker and turn it in to more...or play it safe and buy some base alcohol w/it and create a whole bunch of potions. Such a deal! :wave:

Top Bottom