[ACT I] torch or cat potion

+
[ACT I] torch or cat potion

I am entering the crypt, which is totally dark. I have yet to find a torch or potion to help. Where might they be?

Torches are usualy in people houses (very often in barrels) and I think you should know cat potion formula so make it on your own.

Lol. I haven't been digging through people's homes. Didn't feel right stealing. :pAlso, no, I don't know the potion. Not sure where I was supposed to learn it, but I never did.

You should learn to prepare Cat potion, tough toxication it is more "comfortable" than the torch. During a fight you can't use the torch. After your enemy is defeated you have to pick up your torch every time.

Arnabas said:
Lol. I haven't been digging through people's homes. Didn't feel right stealing. :pAlso, no, I don't know the potion. Not sure where I was supposed to learn it, but I never did.
You/Geralt can learn recipe for Cat from Triss Merigold after you provide her with cure. I am not sure whether sleeping with her is required or is longer conversation with Triss necessary because I haven't tried that alternatives. But when Prologue ends Geralt can not only learn how to make Cat but also can get a scroll that is called "The Book of the Swallow" which contains few other recipes [Swallow, White Gull, Blizzard and Necrophage Oil].

Mjoker said:
Mjoker said:
You/Geralt can learn recipe for Cat from Triss Merigold after you provide her with cure. I am not sure whether sleeping with her is required or is longer conversation with Triss necessary because I haven't tried that alternatives. But when Prologue ends Geralt can not only learn how to make Cat but also can get a scroll that is called "The Book of the Swallow" which contains few other recipes [Swallow, White Gull, Blizzard and Necrophage Oil].
Hmm.... I slept with Triss, but don't remember any option to learn from her. I admit though, that I haven't gone through my inventory thoroughly, so maybe she gave me this scroll. Would be useful if she did. I'll have to check next time I play (been too busy to play since my original post....)

Arnabas said:
Hmm.... I slept with Triss, but don't remember any option to learn from her. I admit though, that I haven't gone through my inventory thoroughly, so maybe she gave me this scroll. Would be useful if she did. I'll have to check next time I play (been too busy to play since my original post....)
Well, in fact this "learning" goes quite automatically. I mean after sleeping/conversation with Triss [I do not remember exact moment] I noticed info that recipe was added to my journal and it was Cat's recipe. When Act I started I went through my inventory as soon as possible [I suppose it was during gathering skulls of those first Barghests] and noticed the scroll. It wasn't there before last conversation with Triss. I am sure of it. Then I've check it with this helpbook that goes with my edition of the game and the fact of getting recpie for Cat during Prologue was indeed mentioned there.

Guys, beware. Triss gives us Cat's formula only if we choosed to go with her to the lab. If we did choose to help Vesemir and others dudes vs. da big frightener, well, we don't have the Cat's one, but we get a meteorite rock instead.And she ends one oh her phrases differently in this case : "I want to learn you something" wich is missing when we fighted the big monster. Slep with her or not is not important, I guess (to be checked)

Em, you know when I got to the crypt for da very first time I completed it without using cat nor torch (used my over-natuaral hearing ability 8)) But go for the cat it is more comfortable when fighting

Top Bottom