[ACT I] Torches

+
[ACT I] Torches

I've been playing for a bit (still in chapter 1). I hear mention of torches, but can't find them anywhere.How do you acquire them? I know that "Cat" is probably better, but I'm curious about the torches.Thanks in advance.

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
Search in houses. All, in village and these forsaken.If there are none, I think You can purchase one from Haren Brogg :)

It's fun later in the game to beat up some weak enemies with the torch, you get a Final Attack every 2 or 3 seconds :peace:

Xellotath said:
It's fun later in the game to beat up some weak enemies with the torch, you get a Final Attack every 2 or 3 seconds :peace:
Plus, you get to pretend that you're Aragorn scaring off the Ringwraiths at Weathertop. :D

Thanks! Here's what ended up happening:Still couldn't find or buy a torch anywhere, so I stumbled around in the cave killing stuff until I got to Ozzrel.After I kill him, he gives up...a torch!Now, of course, I find them everywhere.

Hi everyoneI am in Chapter 2. I have defeated the first floor of the Salamandra hideout. The Inn is empty except for Shani. Abigail and Alvin are in the cave below the hideout. I wanted to get some extra XP and levels before fighting the Beast, so I went trophy hunting. I am at the crypt to kill the king ghoul. But I have problems. I only have 1 sample of Quberith, so I cant make a Cat potion to see in the dark crypt. And I dont know where I can get more Quberith. I have a torch in the torch slot, but it doesnt work, and I dont know how to turn it on. I could also use somemore Rebis to make Swallow potions with, but I dont know where to find more. I killed the drowned king, so I dont think anymore of them will show up. Barghasts dont have the ingredients I need. So I am up a river without a paddle. I need light, and I dont know where to get more Quberith or turn on a torch. And I know the I will need Swallow to get past the ghouls on the way to the ghoul king, where I will need more. And them I have to save enough ingredients to make Blizzard, Spectre Oil, and more Swallow to fight the beast. I could skip the quest, but I am uncertain that I am high enough level to fight the Beast. And I am a completest. I like to do all quests in a game. Poor Vesna got killed, and I still feel bad. But what are you going to do? So can anyone please offer me some serious advice about what I should do in this situation? Can I kill the ghoul king AFTER killing the Beast? Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks.Kalibak

A torch is a weapon, equip it.You need to kill the trophy before killing the beast.And you are in Act I not II.

Well lets see, me thinks you are up the creek. Hope you got a save before the Reverend sends you to the Inn that locked you where you are. As the Royal Huntsman does not "go home" he might still accept the trophy head after the Beast is killed.
One needs to have bought a couple of books ,Book of Animals, Barghest, and Field Plants. Balisse Fruit will be Quebrith/ Rubdeo from the Field Plants book along with the Herbalism talent picked, Death Dust from Barghest kills is the Rebis you need from one of the other books.
There are hot keys for your weapons, q should be the steel sword, e is the silver sword, t for another slot, and u should be the torch. Places in the Crypt are not that dark, lure the ghoulds back to the entrance part one at a time if you can. Good Luck DC

Quebrith is in Act I only available from Balisse Fruit and Rebis from Celandine. recommend to use a Cat potion for the crypt because the game considers the torch as a weapon (indeed it has fire damage). Geralt can only use one weapon at the same time. If you explore the crypt, a ghoul approaches and you need to fight it, you have to change the weapon to your sword. And then you are in the dark :eek:Okay you still can notice the ghoul by this red live circle but the Cat potion makes everything easier ;)

Top Bottom