[ACT I] Zoltan's Friend.

+
[ACT I] Zoltan's Friend.

Hey, I just started my second playthrough last night and noticed I can ask the merchant (Harem I think his name is..) down by the lake about Zoltan's missing dwarf friend once you've completed the quest to protect his goods from the drowners quest. Does anyone know if this actually leads to finding Zoltan's mate, or is it just a dialog option that leads to nothing. Cheers. :)

it gives you a hint, but not at all the solution yet.it doesn't make a difference if you do or don't ask I think. not sure because I am still in chapter I

I am going the 2nd time too. Is Zoltan's friend Vivaldi? I dont remember....but I sure remember Zoltan lives in Vivaldi's house in Vizima's Temple Courter....so they ARE friends I think but not sure whether Vivaldi is That friend though ;D

Well, I would'nt say that Zoltan lives at Vivaldi. I remember that I had sometimes many problems (nerves, specially ;) ) finding him for a couple of reasons, in Act II : talking with him to invite him at Shani's party, and also to complete the "Memory of a Blade" Quest. For days (ingame days, of course) I could'nt find him, he was nowhere ..By the way, if tracking this quest on map, it sends you to the Hairy Bear's Inn. I did never seen Zoltan there, except when Coleman is murdered, and he walks away / out just after the cut scene.

I'm sure that Zoltan lives in Vivaldi's in the evening, but in daytime he's usually in the inn or in the way to there. :beer:

He walks around a lot. I even encountered him at the path in front of the dungeon. but most of the time I find him at the bar and at nights at vivaldi

He has his own house, but he eats breakfast the bear, lunch at vivaldi's and will go back to the bear to gamble and then wander town for a bit or go back to vivaldi's, before going to his own house at dusk.

I wanted to invite him for shani pasrty, but since I couldn't find him either this time, I choose for Siegfried. After the party they all went away. Did shani went to the hospital and do you need to wait untill night to give her the rose? or where did she go?

Guess she went back to hospital, of course. She still has to be the doctor there, as there is no other :)So, wait for her to be back home (around 10 pm I guess, Midnight and she will already be in bed).

then were is Zoltans house? never been there, so far I know. I need a bit more money so I can rip him :p

SOOOOO.... WHAT happened to Hoog - Zoltan's friend?Do you get more experience if you find out from Haren Brogg and tell Zoltan? tell me please, because i don't know what's this all about and i don't feel like starting again the misions i allready accomplished.I allready chose to be with the Scoiatael... but now i figured out why the witch asked Haren to trade with the scoiataels: in act 2 the drug dealer is killed by the scoiataels and this way the witch fulfills Coram's will (the god of Lionhead Spider Cult)oh the other hand, if i refuse to give the goods to the scoiataels i would be forced to kill them.. one way or another the witch has her way...

regenona said:
SOOOOO.... WHAT happened to Hoog - Zoltan's friend?Do you get more experience if you find out from Haren Brogg and tell Zoltan? tell me please, because i don't know what's this all about and i don't feel like starting again the misions i allready accomplished.I allready chose to be with the Scoiatael... but now i figured out why the witch asked Haren to trade with the scoiataels: in act 2 the drug dealer is killed by the scoiataels and this way the witch fulfills Coram's will (the god of Lionhead Spider Cult)oh the other hand, if i refuse to give the goods to the scoiataels i would be forced to kill them.. one way or another the witch has her way...
If you side with squirrels you might meet Hoog in Chap3 if you help Yaevinn get rid of some monster in a sewer.I don't think you meet Hoog if you don't help the squirrels.

Hmm I remember my first playthrough I found Zoltans friend tied up in one of the houses at the docks where the drowners attack when you save his friend he shows up at the inn, also the dwarf smith becomes friendlier I think. I think this was after asking Harem about it, now when I'm replaying it I saved Zoltan from the thugs and he mentions looking for his friend. But now I've looked through all the houses and Harem doesn't have that dialog option. Has the patch broken this quest? Or has too much time passed?

Herethos said:
Hmm I remember my first playthrough I found Zoltans friend tied up in one of the houses at the docks where the drowners attack
You mean in the fishing village in Act I? Are you sure? I've been in all of those houses and never found anybody tied up there.

I thought Zoltan's friend was a myth. I played the OE a lot and never found him. Maybe he's around somewhere in the EE, but if yes he hasn't turned up so far.

Hamenaglar said:
Anybody knows the name of his friend? I think it's Hoog. Is there any last name?
Yes, his name is Hoog. If he has a last name nobody mentions it. Zoltan doesn't even tell you Hoog's name...you only learn it if you refuse to help the Socia'tel during the drowner quest.

Top Bottom