[ACT II] Confrontation in Raymond's Office -- MASSIVE SPOILERS

+
[ACT II] Confrontation in Raymond's Office -- MASSIVE SPOILERS

I suggest that you not read this thread until you've played the game through once.I mean it.Okay, if you haven't finished the game and you're still reading, it's your own fault. :)Just for kicks, after I found the real Raymond's body in the crypt, I went to see the fake Raymond and told him that I'd screwed up the autopsy (not true, we hadn't even done it yet). He got all excited about Ramsmeat and Kalkstein, and I told him that something was worrying me. He invited me to share, and I told him that I'd found Raymond's body, and the game was up. He said that if he were really Azar, he'd crush me like a worm and asked, "Do you want to die, witcher?" I answered, "Suppose I do." Azar said that he'd anticipated this, and his men were standing by.Well, so had I, so I already had Full Moon and Swallow in my belly and Crinfrid Oil on my blade. :DA bunch of guys labeled "Salamandra Executioner" ran in, but they weren't all that hard to kill on group style. Then more guys ran in. And more guys. There is evidently an unlimited supply of Salamander executioners. By the time there were 25 illegal swords on the ground, the game was moving v e r y s l o w l y. It crashed shortly thereafter, after politely informing me that it was out of memory.I guess you can't win this fight; they keep sending executioners until your computer crashes. That's one way to win a fight. :DAnyway, this isn't a useful or productive path to follow, but I'd never heard anybody mention it before, and it was fun to try once, just to see it. I know that people have discussed the Headhunter -- another non-productive path, but an interesting feature of the game, nevertheless -- and if you want to ride all the rides and see all the sights, you might want to experience the never-ending flow of Salamandra executioners once. :)Has anybody else done this?If you want to try it, the conversational path is:G: I find your reasoning somewhat flawed. (They'll have some back-and-forth about this, then)G: Something's been worrying me. (Raymond/Javed will talk about how trustworthy he is.)G: Game over. I found Raymond's body. Surrender, Javed...Or you can go the longer and more amusing route and have Geralt tell Raymond he's a suspect and suggest that he role-play Javed.

Sure, I've done this in my first gameplay. After conversation Azar revealed himself (his real person), I killed a few thugs, then Azar killed me with a fireball in a cutscene.

I have just finished that part and chose the same path but unfortunately didn't choose that dialogue option
I hope I have a previous save to challenge my computer *ahem* Azar as well.

Tried that for fun in my first play as well. As soon as you've killed enough salamanders (one or two left I think), Javed plays the "Fireball" card...I guess the game is trying to warn you not to confront Raymond/Javed at this point, for example with Kalkstein stating that you shouldn't try to confront Javed unless he's weakened.

Thanks, Ifraya, Petra, and Whisperwind! That's why I posted this -- "Hey, that was fun in a weird sort of way ... I bet other people would like to try this, if they haven't already."

This sounds cool. Again, another thing missed because of the habitual way I play the quests in the Witcher (ESPECIALLY in Act II).I might give it ago if I play Witcher over again (probably will, once the blur after cutscene thing is finally fixed).I congradulate all the players who "bodly go where no one has gone before".

Yes! Lucky me... I found that save game shortly after Geralt found the true Raymond's body in the crypt. Now he went directly to the detective's house and accused the fake Raymond of being Javed.And the turmoil began... Geralt had to conquer 2 or 3 waves of Salamandra then a cutscene interrupted the path of victory (Geralt's of course), Azar casted a fireball and roasted Geralt to death :-[

PetraSilie said:
Azar casted a fireball and roasted Geralt to death :-[
One wonders how he did that without burning down half the city. I'd think casting fireballs in a densely populated city, part of which is wooden, would attract some attention, y'know? :D

This is very interesting. I tried that path but, didn't get the dialogue options mentioned here. I don't quite remember, been a while. Gonna check it next playthrough. Kool Corylea 8)

Anyone with this save, would you be kind enough to check for me the following:- What level your Geralt is- The amount of XP you get for slaying a single Salamandra ExecutionerI'm in the process of compiling a table of how much XP you get for killing what at what level, and I would like to have a reference point since so far everything has followed a set formula. So I need just one data point to extrapolate all the others.

No need for anyone to bother themselves about my request anymore. I have the values, found them out in the course of exploring the various autopsy alternatives and quest branches.

Top Bottom