[ACT II] Defeating the Golem

+
I'm sure with this detailed description from Lovely Psycho you won't fail to kill the Golem :beer:If you want to try something extra ordinary, take a look at the video here. The bomb used there is Dragon's Dream and an uploaded Igni. One advice if you want to try this tactic: take a distance between Geralt and the place where you plant tthe bombs, otherwise you will roast Geralt as well :whistle:

The most important things are already told, but two minor things could be add: You should have Aard ready if the golems does come close to you. Although it won't be the solution, it will at least slow him down, and, in the best case, drive him back a bit. Yrden, if you already have that sign and some talents to spend on it, might also help, as it reduces his hits points a bit, so the pylons might finish him faster. Just get some distance between him and you (best if you have the pylons between him and youafter the follwing step), and cast the sign. then walk back slowly, so he will take the direct path (down arrow) and let him run into the trap. If you time it right, you will also have the time to complete the activation phase for the lightning.

That Golem is soo slow, that it is really easy to outrun him and keep him inside the deadly triangle, especially if you activate the pylons from the outside. I reloaded the encounter half dozen times, and never got a scratch. Though, I killed myslef only once, and that was way before the quest. I just stumbled upon those pylons while grinding in the swamps. I was like: what are those .....ZZZZAAAPP!!.... --> reload :dead: ;DEdit: the Golem can be lured toward the Scoiat'el camp in the north. The beast is so large, that it will end up stuck on that wodden causeway/catwalk and you can take your time and blast it with whatever you want. Just for extra fun. :beer:

I drank one swallow, one blizzard and one tawny owl. Then used the fire sign on the golum as much as possible, while also using fast silver. When Geralt's health became low I had him run around away from the monster until it got back up again.I had to do this 3 times before the monster was dead =s= Then took one white honey and made his toxicity go down. (it was almost full)=edit= I tried using those pillars but died even though I had stepped outside of it. So I didn't try those anymore.

You should activate the third pillar from the outside, then you won't end up zapped. Really, no skill needed to zap the golem 100 times in a row if needed. Works everytime, just a tiny bit of practice may be needed.I reloaded about a dozen times and never gor killed (got bashed once by the Golem because I was over-confident).Activate the first pillar, wait for the Golem to come closer, run to the second pillar, wait for the Golem to come closer, run to the third pillar, activate it, repeat. It's supposed to be as easy as that.

The golem is probably the easiest fight in the game and actuallly you don't fight at all.Put the rod in the golem and then when he is activated it's a matter of run in circles and hit the pillars.Best way is to run a large circle and hit the pillars from the outside. Don't rush and just take your time. The golem is very slow, so take your advantage from that.

matthewhotdude said:
How do you kill the Golem? Everytime I activate the 3 pylons I always get shocked and killed!
you can do this one of 2 ways you can try using Blizzerd and then activate the 3 pylons or you can go to the Druids and pay them 500 Oran's to whip up a lighting Storm for you

it does help to be able to take one blast from the pylons without being killed and that is totally possible without grinding in act II (if you leave the golem until quite late in the act)otherwise you *must* be *outside* the triangle when you activate the third pillar. What i find works best for me is to line my geralt up so that the intended target pillar is directly in front on him and perfectly centered between the two other in the sightline, then i move forward as little as possible and touch it/mostly/ i don't get zapped ;) .. but i never approach the third one unless i am at full vitality and i wait until i can take at least one lightning bolt without dying :peace:

I could have saved myself 500 Orens. After I paid for the storm, I went to the Golem and thought I might give fighting him head-to-head a go. So, I drank a Swallow, plugged in the lightning rod, and started hacking away with my Meteor Sword. The big dope is really slow, so when I took any damage, I backed off until my Vitality recharged, then went after him again. Isometric view helps. It took a while, but I used Strong Steel on him and whittled the boy down and finally finished him off. A little boring, but fun.

@ masica500 Orens really is not that much in the long run ;)you will make it back befor you know it ;)Ones I wake up the Golem I lead him to the Order guard in the swamp and they keep him busy too :evil:

There is a video on YouTube fighting the Golem with the sword only, I guess it's about 9 minutes long, indeed an usual long time for a fight. But it gives you an extra ordinary victory :beer:

I just whacking it with strong style along with Igni sign and The Thunderbolt potion to kill it, takes a lot longer but fun.

CrossShire said:
I just whacking it with strong style along with Igni sign and The Thunderbolt potion to kill it, takes a lot longer but fun.
Ive tryed it that with out the Thunderbolt will have to try that on my next go round :whistle:

Seeker said:
Seeker said:
Ive tryed it that with out the Thunderbolt will have to try that on my next go round :whistle:
Its fun.I mean I stared at the screen clicking the mouse when it was time to hit for maybe half and hour. :dead:

When I fought the Golem it took me, like - eight hours. But then I heard about the pillar thing... damn - that really pissed me off.But seriously - that fight wasn't that bad for me. I had a lot more problems dealing with tthe Freightener (or whatever was the english name for that beast). Took me a while, for sure!

No offence guys, but you've gotta listen to the NPCs a little more closely and not rush through the conversations unless you already know what they say. I played my first round without any hints and still understood that you were to use the pillars to kill the Golem. I'm surprised how many of you say you were surprised at learning this method on the forums, perhaps you should listen to Kalkstein more often...

Top Bottom