[ACT II] Dwarven Blacksmith and Order Merchant

+
Your decisions determine if tey will deal with you ar not, for the order you need to have had Seigfrieds help in the sewers and you will lose that after you declare Vivaldi innocent. For the dwarves you have to be friends with Zoltan Chivey and if you support the order in the swamp you lose them. It is possible to lose both as you have found out, but for me I found it was till possible to deal with the order assistant even though the order blacksmith would have nothing to do with me.

Dwarf blacksmith has no option for making swords (complains his equipment has been taken) although his assistant will sell me things.

If no one likes you you cn do:Worth its Weight in GoldYou can do this by finding yaevinn. (his in the druid camp (or dryad, whatever?!?))Proceed with the quest and finish it.Half way the quest sigfried and some order friends of his will be just outside the druid camp.Now you can do "Force Recn"You can help either Sigfried or Yaevinn. If you side with sigfried the order armourer likes you. I f you help Yaevinn the dwarf likes you.

Awesome posts, everyone. I couldn't BELIEVE it when i'd finally saved up for the 5000 oren armor the Order assistant has only to find that he wouldn't sell to me anymore! Now i'll just go help sigfried and hopefully have access to the armor again.Thanks guys!

The dwarven blacksmith's apprentice sells Excellent armour, too.Incidentally, I think there are two variables at work here, namely how much each faction (order or elves) like you.If they like you enough, they'll sell you stuff, but only if the other faction doesn't like you more. ;D

The game is bugged to hell, I told Vivaldi hes innocent and the order stopped trading with me... LOLBTW, when/how does vivaldi go to jail?!

The smiths can be frustrating. There are three relevant triggers:1) Clearing Vivaldi makes the order smith stop talking to you2) Siding with Siegfried in the swamp makes him talk to you again3) Siding with Siegfried in the swamp makes the dwarven blacksmith stop talking to you.These triggers are independent of each other, so as long as you clear Vivaldi before you go to the swamp, it doesn't matter which choice you pick, you will have access to one blacksmith. If you go to swamp, pick the knights and only then clear Vivaldi, congrats, no blacksmith for you anymore. I tested that with a few savegames because I wanted to side with Siegfried and needed one blacksmith.

It's a little more convoluted than that, I was able to trade with both until I helped Siegfried in the swamp, at which point I was able to trade with NEITHER, luckily i already had my lightning rod.

When you declare Vivaldi innocent the order blacksmith stops trading with you, if you then go and side with Siegfried in the swamp the Dwarfs stop trading with you but the order blacksmiths assistant will now buy and sell from you. If you do not have the lighting rod at this point then its back to a previous saved game.

Not necessarily. I cleared Vivaldi and helped Siegfried in the swamp and the order blacksmith makes the lightning rod for me just fine.

Good GRIEF!!This thread saved me from punching a hole in the wall. I can't believe they stuck a pitfall like this into the game.Would it have killed Geralt to say something like "Hmm, now that I cleared Vivaldi, dwarves should be a bit more agreeable... but I bet it won't sit well with the Order."And, while we're at it, instead of saying "I don't know you" (WTF?! I thought I pooched the game somehow) couldn't the Order smith say something to the tune of "Order doesn't trade with those who support nonhumans."

mmm I have to agree with you Damar. they better said Order doesn't trade with those who support nonhumans." or something like that. Or we don't trust you

I can't trade with either blacksmith although I cleared Vivaldis name and helped the nonhumans in the swamp.At first I could trade with both because I fought with Siegfried in the sewers and had Zoltans recommendation.Then I helped the nonhumans in the swanp and couldn't trade with the Order anymore (logical)Then I cleared Vivaldi in the investigation and he even said sth. like "Zoltan was right to praise you" and now I can't trade with the dwarf anymore. I d idn't try trading with him betwwen the swamp and the Vivaldi thing though, I think.

I think the Order armorer stops trading with you when your investigation (pre-autopsy and cemetery) proves that Vivaldi is innocent.

Bah, you can regain Order's favor later in the game, Act III and IV.I always choose, in Act II, to support Squirrels in Swamps when Yaevinn asks me to lead the team to the Golem's .. Why so ?This may be a bug, but if you manage to keep most members of the Squirrels team alive, it "always" happen to me that a Dwarf keeps on following me and fighting by my side. Usually, I do the Order Squirrels task just before I have to awake the Sentinel, so the Dwarf takes damage for me. Not for long, but it may help ;D

The main thing in all of this is that the map shows Siegfried in front of his normal post in town and NOT WHEREVER he actually is--that is a bug. Okay, so I'm trying to give him the 10 tongues of the drowned dead to clear that quest in Chapter II. And I haven't started Chapter III yet. I have the lightning rod made by the dwarf blacksmith and I can't deal with the Order blacksmiths at this point in time.Where is Siegfried and will he deal with me?

Top Bottom