[ACT II] Echinopsae and Coccacidium

+
[ACT II] Echinopsae and Coccacidium

Hello,I'm having problems with those damn plants in ACT II. I can't beat them, no matter what I do. I'm playing in Normal difficulty. I tried to use Swallow, plus a potion that makes Geralt (who's Lvl 15) immune to poison. Always attacking with Strong Silver (Lvl 2).It's the only think in the game which appears to be unbeatable. Even the bosses (like The Beast) are hard, but beatable... this thing don't take damage, and gives too much, around 20-50 every time!!

You can run your butt off if you have to - I didn't fight a single one in Act II. However, use Igni. And if you have the boost to chance of incineration you should be in the clear. Stay close to it because it's shots are worse than its bite and use strong style. And Igni as often as you can. If it's name is long and starts with a K it's the trophy plant and it's a tough bugger.

I think level 15 is sufficient for Coccacidium (I think you are talking about that one). You can't beat this nasty boss plant with one attack sequence. You have no other choice to withdraw, regenerate durance and life and start next attacks. Silver strong style and Igni are already and your potions as well. Maybe you may use whetstone, grindstone or diamond dust on your blade.What exactly means lvl 2 strong silver? It's also important how many talents you used on the upgrades of these two trees ;)

I don't know f it's the trophy plant because I can't read it's name somehow (even with ALT pressed, it doesn't show on the screen, maybe because the thing is too big).It's a bit north, following the path (road?) away from clay pits. Others appear in other places, but I'm trying to kill this one first because the others I've seen show up when I'm fighting a bunch of enemies.My Geralt is more focused in swords. Strong Steel is Level 3. Fast Steel, Strong Silver and Fast Silver are all Level 2. All of those have the most important buffs, that means I just didn't get the ones which take effect only when Geralt is intoxicated, dieing or whatever.I do have Igni, but it's Level 1 without other buffs. I used more points in Aard (Level 3, with all buffs from Levels 1 and 2).

Probably best just to run away then. If it's an Echinops you should be able to beat it with regular lv 1 igni. If it's an Archspore or the trophy one (which appears in many places) then you may be a bit over your head.

torches also help with fighting the plants, basically they are suceptible to fire. I use igni and fast mode, also they are nasty at a distance, you can run past them but to fight I find best to get in close and nuke them with fire and fast silver, I've also used hitting them with igni and then run, regenerate a bit, go back in and hit them with more igni.... they are tough though.

Starwolf said:
torches also help with fighting the plants, basically they are suceptible to fire. I use igni and fast mode, also they are nasty at a distance, you can run past them but to fight I find best to get in close and nuke them with fire and fast silver, I've also used hitting them with igni and then run, regenerate a bit, go back in and hit them with more igni.... they are tough though.
They actually take hits from Strong and since strong so you can go for that for higher damage, and they don't seem to be interrupted quite enough by fast style. I always found torches were only got for getting them burning - that's a good bit of advice if you don't have incinerate on your igni yet - use a torch every once in a while to ignite them. Continual damage adds up fast and they will set on fire quickly.

The first evil plant you meet is the Coccacidium, just near clay pits indeed. This one is damn different from other ones you will see on other areas. Don't even try to deal with it the first time you attemp the swamps, you are not prepared (WoW cit. ;)).First af all make sure to clean all the drowners and things like those around, adds while fighting Coccacidium are abs not welcome. You can beat it with swallow+blizzard, personally, if i am not wrong and i am on medium diff too, i used fast style, but mostly depends on your talent's tree. Once you beat you will never see again.Other plants, normal Echinops, are really different, you will find some (i am not going to tell you where, i dont think you want spoiler) but they are easy to nuke with fast style.IMHO - always better to run away when you see one, clear the whole area around and then face'em. Always stay close and don't miss a combo. If you still have the frightener stuff (should be the one to make a potion able to assing a silver talent) use it before dealing with the bad creatures in the swamps.

The plant you are talking about is a Coccacidium, you say you are level 15 but I do not know how you have used your experience points. If you have igni so that you can fire from a distance then you get close enough to the plant to activate it then run back just out of range of its thorns. You can then fire fireballs at it using igni, hold the right mouse button down then watch Gerald when he has a fireball in his hand release and it will hit the Coccacidium. Sometimes the spell fails but just persevere, 3 hits kills it and you take no damage.

Thanks guys...I guess every time the monster hides under the earth, it restores it's HP to full status, right?After some time of hit and run not working, I decied to kill drowners elsewhere to get 500xp to level up, bumped my Igni (Lvl 1, Level 2, Both ranged advances and incinetarion) and tryend again... one ball was enought to kill the damn thing... thanks!!!!

If you're having trouble with the Coccacidium, here's the really easy way I killed on hard mode at level 12 or 13. I don't recall exactly but I'll let you know what I have:Strong silver with the two damage enhancement skills (requires 3 bronze talents)level 2 igni with the incineration effect (2 bronze talents)It's a good idea also, to save that Tawny Owl that Jethro gives you for this fight because it's enhanced with Rubedo.If possible, go to the cave in the swamps and get the Quen sign. It will be useful as well. You don't need to level it up or anything but it's good for getting close.First off, as soon as it appears, get out of its range, drink a swallow and a rubedo-tawny owl. This will give you godly vitality regeneration because rubedo has a similar effect as swallow and combined you regenerate vitality very quickly. As soon as your endurance and vitality bars are full, use Quen to shield you from the poisonous projectiles that the stupid plant spits at you. Run up close range and start off your assault with igni. It'll dispell your Quen, but that's ok. If you manage to incinerate it, great. Follow that up with strong silver, and use igni when you can. If you run down to 1/3 of your vitality, retreat, using Quen if you have enough endurance so it doesn't shoot you dead. A couple runs like this should give you a nice trophy.

I want the name of the book which include Echinops. I need it to complete a gardeners Quest :wall: I need help

I play on Hard, and I was about 11-12th level when I went to the swamps. I had a damn hard time killing those plants too. Go to the cave and learn the Quen sign, use it before engaging. Yes, it will go off when you attack, but the point is that it allows you to get close to them without getting shot; and that's already a huge improvement. Also, unless your Fast Style is too much more improved than your Strong, use the Strong Style instead, the plants are big, don't walk and basically never dodge, no need to hit fast, hit them hard. If you are too low on hp and don't think you'll kill it first, use the Quen sign and get out (just be careful not to make an attack after you use it, otherwise it goes off).. heal then start over...hope this helps

Actually, that does help. I'd not thought to use Quen when battling those things, but that strategy is goooood idea!!!!

When using quen be careful, especially at this stage in the game where your endurance is quite low. Just to be safe, quaff a tawny owl.

Onslaught said:
Hello,I'm having problems with those damn plants in ACT II. I can't beat them, no matter what I do. I'm playing in Normal difficulty. I tried to use Swallow, plus a potion that makes Geralt (who's Lvl 15) immune to poison. Always attacking with Strong Silver (Lvl 2).It's the only think in the game which appears to be unbeatable. Even the bosses (like The Beast) are hard, but beatable... this thing don't take damage, and gives too much, around 20-50 every time!!
Burn the plants.

The burning thing isn´t so easy, at least not for me.. ::)Even though I have the Igni and torch and so on..

Burning them never worked for me, either -- for me it was whack them, run away and heal up, whack them, run away and heal up, whack till dead. I hadn't thought of Quen, but that makes good sense.

Top Bottom