[ Act II ]Hit a dead end, need help

+
[ Act II ]Hit a dead end, need help

I'm not really sure how to do this post. Basically, I'm stuck in act 2 and can't figure out any way to go forward. Here is the status of what I believe are my main quests:A Mysterious Tower:"I read the Sephirot history. This information, supplemented with "The Secret Gates" should satisfy Kalkstein's expectations." I collected more information for Kalkstein. This seems pretty straightforward, except I can't seem to give Kalkstein any of the information I have.Barengar's Secret"Barengar is alive. The bad news is he was probably captured by Salamadra." I have yet another reason to destroy Salamadra.Old Friend of mine"I got Calendine for Shani. I'm in her good books now.I need to talk to her more often, maybe she'll ask me for another favor? For now I think she owes me one." I think Shani owes me one. I should probably talk to her more often.Not really sure if this is a main quest or not. Talking to Shani doesn't really do anything.Suspect: Kalkstein"I decided to give Kalkstein the benefit of the doubt for now. If he is guilty, evidence should surface soon enough." I will reopen the case if I find new evidence.Not sure where to go to find this evidence...Suspect: Ramsmeat"I decided to give Ramsmeat the benefit of the doubt for now. If he is guilty, evidence should surface soon enough." I will reopen the case if I find new evidence.Again, not sure where to go from here. Suspect: ThalerSame deal as Ramsmeat and Kalkstein.Suspect: Vincent MeisSame deal, though worded a little differentlyThe Echinops ContractFairly obvious what I need to do here. Unfortunately, I get my ass handed to me every time I encounter one of these things. I'm hoping I don't have to complete this quest in order to move on, because as it stands I'll have to grind my butt off to be able to beat these things.Vizima ConfidentialI have to gain the trust of Kalkstein the Alchemist. To do this, I have to accept an assignment from him (A Mysterious Tower). Again, I can't finish the quest because there is no dialogue option that lets me present the information I have gathered to Kalkstein.WantedI am awaiting Leuvaarden's next move. Not sure when that will be, or what I have to do to force his handWhat lies beneath"This investigation is not as straightforward as Raymond might wish. Apparently not all of the suspects are guilty." I reckon I should search for leads on my own.See pretty much every other quest I have mentioned above. Witcher's SecretsI'm pursuing an investigation in Vizima that should lead me to Azar Javed.Again, see above.The only quests I haven't mentioned here are the ones involving the dice poker games and fistfights (though let me know if those somehow progress the story) and the Lost Lamb quest.

Talk to Vincent the guard captain and then go spy on him at night in the warehouse? Done that?You've been to Vivaldi's house? I presume so since you got the book.Do Coleman's "the Rat" quest, that could help things progress.See how you go if you get those done, don't want to spoil for you.If you have trouble with Echinops and Archespores spend a talent or two in the Igni power up section so you can throw long range fireballs. When you find an Echinops run till it stops shooting at you then turn around and get in fireball range but not so close it starts shooting again, fireball it to death.

It' a bit complicated. Go a check the official The Witcher Guide and Walkthrough or this walkthrough on gamebanshee.com http://www.gamebanshee.com/thewitcher/

Where can I find Coleman? I've hung out at the Hairy Bear Inn for a while, but he and ramsmeat do not seem to come there anymore.

Avngd8x said:
Where can I find Coleman? I've hung out at the Hairy Bear Inn for a while, but he and ramsmeat do not seem to come there anymore.
There is no Coleman if you sold Harens good to Scoia'tael in Act IOr just do to the dike during the night maybe he is still there

SkunkHaze said:
SkunkHaze said:
There is no Coleman if you sold Harens good to Scoia'tael in Act IOr just do to the dike during the night maybe he is still there
I have no idea what I did to Harens goods. Assuming I did sell them, though, and Coleman ceased to exist, how do I progress the story now?

Barengar's Secret, Wanted and Witcher's Secrets you won't finish in Act II.A Mysterious Tower resp. Suspect: Kalkstein, resp Vizima Confidential: You have to get 2 books, talk to Vivaldi as M.R. suggested.Old Friend of mine: I guess you will proceed there when you receive the quest "The Crown Witness". When you proceed there, you will have a conversation with Shani at a party (Old Friend of mine) about Thaler (Suspect: Thaler). This approves him innocent. Regardless of this you can hang arount at Thaler's house in the evening or at night. You will meet a strange guy there ("You didn't see me").When you get "The Crown Witness" which is connected with "Anatomy of a Crime", this will clear many of the suspects.The Echinops Contract: Echinopsae are sligthy :whistle: easier than archespores. Did you encounter the boss-plant Coccacidium on that occasion? It's a tough opponent and maybe you should avoid it for the time being. The Echinops Contract is a sidequest, you will continue with the main story if you don't finish it.

PetraSilie said:
Barengar's Secret, Wanted and Witcher's Secrets you won't finish in Act II.A Mysterious Tower resp. Suspect: Kalkstein, resp Vizima Confidential: You have to get 2 books, talk to Vivaldi as M.R. suggested.Old Friend of mine: I guess you will proceed there when you receive the quest "The Crown Witness". When you proceed there, you will have a conversation with Shani at a party (Old Friend of mine) about Thaler (Suspect: Thaler). This approves him innocent. Regardless of this you can hang arount at Thaler's house in the evening or at night. You will meet a strange guy there ("You didn't see me").When you get "The Crown Witness" which is connected with "Anatomy of a Crime", this will clear many of the suspects.The Echinops Contract: Echinopsae are sligthy :whistle: easier than archespores. Did you encounter the boss-plant Coccacidium on that occasion? It's a tough opponent and maybe you should avoid it for the time being. The Echinops Contract is a sidequest, you will continue with the main story if you don't finish it.
I already talked to Vivaldi, and as I said, I can't seem to talk to Kalkstein about the book I found.

not every quest can be completed with every permutation of the game, so even if you can't do the quests related to coleman, nor get into the graveyard, that does not prevent you from finishing act II. Just carry on with the quests that you /can/ do, eventually things will "unblock" and the chapter will come to an end.If you are hell bent on doing every single quest, then you probably need to restart the game :peace:

Yes, that's true. You will even find hints or continue with those quests which you don't finish in Act II. Just be snoopy witcher and check everything and talk to many poeple.
Avngd8x said:
I already talked to Vivaldi, and as I said, I can't seem to talk to Kalkstein about the book I found.
hmmm :hmmm: You know you need 2 books? I talked to Kalkstein when I had both, I never tried to talk to him when I had only one book.

Also, try to *read* the book. Not sure if it is important, but I always did, and had no problems whatsoever with talking to Kalkstein about the tower...

PetraSilie said:
Yes, that's true. You will even find hints or continue with those quests which you don't finish in Act II. Just be snoopy witcher and check everything and talk to many poeple.
PetraSilie said:
hmmm :hmmm: You know you need 2 books? I talked to Kalkstein when I had both, I never tried to talk to him when I had only one book.
PetraSilie said:
Also, try to *read* the book. Not sure if it is important, but I always did, and had no problems whatsoever with talking to Kalkstein about the tower...
Read the books! :beer:

secondchildren said:
secondchildren said:
secondchildren said:
secondchildren said:
Read the books! :beer:
I've read the books!

Top Bottom