[ACT II] Ida and Marcus Vertz

+
[ACT II] Ida and Marcus Vertz

who are they and why do they move ? Other random NPCs do not get names, why does this couple enjoy that privilege? ... and why do they move? between Acts II and III, they move to a different address ... why?is this some polish cultural reference that is wasted on me, or is it part of a quest that was dropped? what's up ? :wave:

I met them only in Act III, they live in one of the houses in the slums. But I have to admit I don't check every house every time Geralt is in the temple- or trade quarter ;DThey don't want to talk to Geralt... with the exception of mrs. Vertz. Geralt asked her outrightly if she is a virgin. Ida found this question very impolite and refused any conversation with Geralt :whistle:Okay, I think this dialog was available because Geralt had in "The beauty and the best" the virgin tear phase open.Nevertheless I don't know who Marcus and Ida Vertz are :hmmm:

Maybe they're friends of somebody at CDPR, and that person worked their names into the game in a small way as appreciation (or as a gag).Hmm. If I ever make a mod, maybe I should have villagers named Christine Kraemer and Jay Sekora and.... :)

I have made some investigations.... talked to Raymond Maarloeve 8) These 2 persons are probably remains of a not realised quest. There are some left over dialog lines (not available) which refer to Yaevinn who talks about the Vertzs :hmmm:

when i enter the house where marcus and ida live the medalloin vibrates are they monsters or is there somthing else there i have been in the cellar and seen nothing expect barrells the medalloin is set to monsters :hmmm:

Apparently Ida and Marcus Vertz are remains of a quest which didn't make it into the final version of the game http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=19248.0 :angel:

How do you notice the necklace vibrating? I have it set to magical places right now but I have never noticed any type of output indicating its vibrating. Even when right next to a place of power. What am I missing?

the upper left HUD medallion jiggles ... more and more as you get closer and closer to the source (magic or monster) :peace:

ahhh of course, Ive noticed thatAs soon as I can award karma you get it game widow, I think youve replied to every question I have had so far, thanks for that

Top Bottom