[ACT II] The Sentry (Golem)

+
Have a read of the thread your post has been moved to.If you are getting struck, and killed, by lightning, stick to the outside of the area formed by the plyons.Keep running between the pylons (keeping to the outside) to activate them and the Golem should go down in three strikes or so.

Corylea said:
When it was time to fight the Golem in the EE, I thought I was an old hand at this; I'd done it three or four times before, after all. I touched two pylons, lured the Golem to the center of the circle, positioned Geralt behind the third pylon, so that he'd be outside the circle, had him touch it, and he got struck by lightning.I thought maybe I'd gotten confused, so after he healed up, I tried it again. I made damned sure that Geralt was OUTSIDE the circle and BEHIND the third pylon. Again, Geralt got struck by lightning. As for the Golem, IT was fine.Has this happened to anyone else since the EE came out?
Yes, same here exactly. This never happened on my previous 4 plays, only after EE.

I dunno what the problem is. Maybe its a diffculty-level related bug. Keep trying; have you ever used Blizzard? It gets a little frustrating 'cause of how slow the Golem moves, but you can get your timing pretty accurate.

That was entertaining. I laughed. Good use of available resources!but
Did you know the reason stone (bricks, shingles) is used for housing construction is because it doesn't readily burn and is good at insulating? I wouldn't use Igni. Aard would be more effective, I'd think.

Treasa said:
That was entertaining. I laughed. Good use of available resources!but
Did you know the reason stone (bricks, shingles) is used for housing construction is because it doesn't readily burn and is good at insulating? I wouldn't use Igni. Aard would be more effective, I'd think.
Actually is is quite useful. Watch the damage numbers rise during the fight.

Exactly that idea I got when I watched the strategy of this movie :hmmm:There is an island where lots of Bloidzuegers spawn and Drowned Dead and Drowners as well. Or one can lurk the Golem to an other interesting place: the Wyvern island... hopefully they won't attack Geralt in alliance with the Golem but instead consider the Golem as their enemy :whistle:@McFlow Siegfried failed? Did he recover? I didn't notice him at the end.

Under normal circumstances: yes :teeth: But usually Geralt doesn't involve the Order guys into the fight with the Golem.

PetraSilie said:
@McFlow Siegfried failed? Did he recover? I didn't notice him at the end.
Yes, he was just like knocked out. He stood up after the fight and I was able to talk to him. (cannot be seen on the video)The idea with exploding bloedzeugers might be an idea, too. I will see if I try it again. I have a savegame right before I put the lightning rod into the golem.Well, Wyvern island would be quite dangerous. You mentioned the reason already. I doubt that they would attack the golem first.Aard was quite efficient against the golem. It dealt some good damage and interrupted his attacks. Ignis was at level2. Aard only interrupted his attacks. The trap sign just made him step backward. I couldn't discover any damage.Maybe you saw me switching between silver and steel sword. Steel sword at strong style dealt 3 damage and the silver only 1^^I guess with a trained steel sword and a combination of aard and a strong igni and much potions and patience the golem might be killalbe in a 1on1 fight. Would take hours though.Edit: I just saw something. Around 3:27 i throwed an Aard towards him. The golem gets stunned. Would the time be long enough to kill him with one hit then? Sadly I was not close enough to him.

Yeah i've been struck by the lightning a couple of times but, I think it was because I was too close to the triangle. You can actually get the icon for setting it off while still being a little ways away.Ditto: no difference between game versions

I have recently completed the Golem encounter in Hard in EE for the first time (usually on Normal).I had this problem too, and I apologise if my earlier posts seemed dismissive in any way. :peace:I resorted to hacking the beast with my steel sword on Strong Style, and powered-up L2 IGNIs.Took a few minutes, but VERY easy to complete, especially with Tawny Owl, Willow & Swallow.So it seems to ME that it is a Hard difficulty issue, not a global difficulty issue. Post if you disagree.

@ ChucklesOkay, I'm going to play on hard next run through (usually on normal) and see if this is the case. I'll post when I know.

Top Bottom