[ACT II] Vodyanoi altar in the clay pits

+
[ACT II] Vodyanoi altar in the clay pits

Okay I am replaying the game to try alternate paths, and I am currently in act II. Has anybody noticed that the red dot marking the altar does not disappear when you finish the loggers' quest?Geralt talks to Vaska who gives a rudimentary explanation on how to communicate with the Vodyanoi. Is there a hidden quest associated with the altar? If so, what does Geralt need to put on the altar?

In all honesty I don't know - but I did find putting a Beggartick flower (as suggested by the quest for the Logger leader) gave me a Hellebore Petal the next day. *shrugs* So I put a Fools Parsley leaf in there and it ate it.

Whisperwind said:
you can put there anything and it gives you only that flower (purple)... :D
Not fair, they didn't give me one for the Fool's Parsley!Ok ok, so I was insulting them, it was a joke alright?! I want my purple flower! :p

I am in chapter II right now. I am doing the quest where the lumberjacks can't go home because of the drowners and other monsters and Geralt needs to clear them all out. I get to the brickmaker's camp and there is a "red dot" at the vodaynoi altar which usually indicates the end of a quest but all it lets me do is open it for storage. I'm pretty sure some vodaynoi should be there as Yaren Bolt mentions them and the quest doesn't end.ALSO! Gramps won't follow me (the Pilgramage's Quest). All he talkes about the is fish people (vodaynoi). There are no other dialogue boxes or choices.Do I have to get the vodaynoi in the beastiality? And which book would it be in. and yes, I know there are major spelling errors :dead:

When you've killed enough drowners in the brickmaker's area, the quest becomes completed. Nothing with the vodyanoi to do. Never had any problems with gramps there, he should follow you wherever you go. I guessed you've tried going on after that little dialogue about the fish people? The altar is of no real importance, you can "sacrifice" some herb or food you own there, and the next day it will (hopefully) be replaced by something else.

Thanks for the advice. Maybe daylight came before I killed all the drowners and I didn't notice. I'll give it a try tonight.And Gramps just stands in the swamp near the dock. He followed me the 1st time I encountered him and when we got to the brickmaker's camp we found the little boy talking about water lords. After that we began walking along to path when the echconopis (sp?) plant came out and Geralt had to run very fast away from it and Gramps did not come with him. Geralt continued on and now Gramps just stays at the dock. I don't think he will ever follow me again ???

Maybe you try to clear the path to the Melitele altar and then talk to Gramps. So he can follow you and you dont have jinks when the beast cross your way.... maybe Gramps is too frighten to follow Geralt when there are monsters araound ;DWhen you kill all monsters for Yaron Bolt you should talk to him or Vaska again. There is a friction between the lumberjacks and the Wodjanoi. Geralts has to make a decision. One refers to the Wodjanoi altar ;)

You could give the vodyanoi 50 pounds of fisstech, and they'll just give you hellebore.If there's a hidden quest, nobody have found it here.

Theres a quest w/Voidiyane -sp is off...when the head of the Lumberjacks tells you the Voidi's are a threat and to kill them all for them. You then speak to Vaska the wise old woman who worships this fish cult at here place
she tells you they are a wise culture and divine and to work something peaceful out and get the head of the lumberjacks axe-forget the dwarf's name- and take the axe to the alter at midnite, youll run in to a voidi warrior then at alter and he'll chirp at you...click on alter drop axe inside, next day go back and a Hellebore petal inside means they have accepted the peaceful gesture and are pleased to back to the lumberjack and tell him all is worked ou peacefully and yu'l claim your reward
thats the quest assocaited w/altar and he Viodiyanei.

This reply is for mondotomhead. I had the same problem with Gramps, and what I did, was that I made a Drowner follow me, then while having it running behind me, scaring Gramps up the path in the direction of the altar. When I got Gramps close enough to the altar, I got the quest update.

I don't know if it's intension or a bug... when you guide Gramps to the Melitele altar you shouldn't make any side trips to loactions Gramps mentioned. The swamp grave e.g. When Geralt enters it and returns, Gramps has disappeared and you find him at the landing. Then he won't follow Geralt anymore.Maybe Zeldagrust's advise is the solution to move this stubborn old man :teeth:

It's been my experience that you can drag gramps all over the swamp, just don't go into any new areas (like the cave, or a hut) ... and doing so yields some pretty interesting and useful information.Usually i don't do that though, typically i just go from the landing to the shrine ... and inevitably i run into the coccadicium and drowners, but that's it ... and gramps takes care of himself (runs off), then once the monsters are taken care of, he comes back .he'll keep following you anywhere and doing this as long as you don't get too close to the shrine or enter another area :peace:

OK, I tried the technique of scaring Gramps with a monster...1) Gramps always resumes his position after the attack has passed, so no use.2) He has to be scared to a place for dialog to start (any dialog) and then he carries on to follow you. So, success. :peace:

Top Bottom