[ACT III] Alvin to Triss, or Shani?

+
[ACT III] Alvin to Triss, or Shani?

Okay,for the first time in the game i need to make a difficult choice...Should i give t he boy ALVIN over to Triss or should i stay with Shani?I mean i read somewhere you can propose to Shani later on in the game.Does this happens for Triss also?And what are the consequences one way or the other?

Doesn't matter that much I think, you can make a commitment to Triss and give her a ring as well, overall it just affect which one of them your character might end up with as the love of his life if you want it. Personally I go for Triss all the way, Shani never really did it for me, she was mostly annoying and seemed overly jealous for no reason all the time xD

Personally, I didn't like to decide, but as the boy itself has the magical "gift" AND needs someone to protect him from bandits, I gave him to Triss. Shani can't protect the boy and she surely can't teach him anything about controlling his magical powers... As Shani didn't react to well to this, I ended up with Triss...

Hah, i got annoyed at her when you were to get the boy, besides, Triss is both more beautifull and powerful, so..Anyhow, it doesnt affect the game to much, exept as above poster said.

I never really understood Shani, first I bought Carmen to her party because I considered her a amusing friendly person and right when she shows up Shani goes crazy and keep making rude remarks all the time before finally tossing everyone out when Carmen (and not me) did hint for more. Then she goes crazy again when I choose to hand over a boy that needs protection and magic training to a sorceress instead of her, as the other poster said.. I doubt Shani could have protected him at all from a large attack. and no, I had no hope for more then that when I asked Carmen to come, She was just the most interesting character around.

Sassie said:
I never really understood Shani, first I bought Carmen to her party because I considered her a amusing friendly person and right when she shows up Shani goes crazy and keep making rude remarks all the time before finally tossing everyone out when Carmen (and not me) did hint for more. Then she goes crazy again when I choose to hand over a boy that needs protection and magic training to a sorceress instead of her, as the other poster said.. I doubt Shani could have protected him at all from a large attack. and no, I had no hope for more then that when I asked Carmen to come, She was just the most interesting character around.
Im starting to think you let the bandits kill the dwarf..

It never occured to me to take anyone else than Zoltan to the party. He's the only "old" friend (besided Shani) Geralt has in the temple quarter... Taking a prostitute would have been impolite, imho and Siggy... Don't know...

Ah, I knew this was coming sooner or later...I'll go with Triss though. Shani's ok, but well...I like Triss more. Besides, it's more like Geralt to choose Triss ;D

Simple solution, pick both. Thats what replay value is for ;DBoth cards you get (second cards) for each girl are much more interesting than their first ones.My basic play philosophy was Game 1 - Triss, OrderGame 2 Shani, Scoae'telseems that Triss is highly placed in the society and thus since I picked The Order in the swamp and the bank heist I went with her. Shani is more of a rebel and a boat rocker. she seems more in line with the elves.

Regarding the bank hist, if Gerald has both vampire and dwarfs as friends from the past should he not then support the non human side first or???Two major cross roads is the bank hist and the blue eyes quests (vampire bordello) in part 3, what to chose? I am re-playing from the beginning without finished the game ones due to that i more or less ran in to things without thinking first the first time (due to the constant running character that gives the game a rely stressed feeling).Then for Shani and Triss i don't think it matters who you chose.

bosskt2bb said:
Simple solution, pick both. Thats what replay value is for ;DBoth cards you get (second cards) for each girl are much more interesting than their first ones.My basic play philosophy was Game 1 - Triss, OrderGame 2 Shani, Scoae'telseems that Triss is highly placed in the society and thus since I picked The Order in the swamp and the bank heist I went with her. Shani is more of a rebel and a boat rocker. she seems more in line with the elves.
If you played through the whole game youd learn that shes more neutral..

Madness said:
Madness said:
If you played through the whole game youd learn that shes more neutral..
aa who is ?

I thought for sure I'd get a peice of Shani the first time I visited here at her place. Since she's such a tease I think I'll go for her, Triss is too sneaky for my likings. Though I'll choose her next time obviously.

Ehm, actually Triss is more neutral. At least that is what my CE game guide book says. :-\The choice will determine your future ally, coming to aid you.

I've chosen Triss and I think it was ... more helpfull ;) SPOILERBefore fighting Jacob and his mutants (the final fight) she gives you magic power of thunder hiting yours' opponents when you strike them with your sword ;DSPOILERBesides, she is more mysterious ;)

I've been putting this decision off. Just can't decide. Shani would prolly be better for the kid. But Triss.....well.....another moral dilemmaNial

I feel with you, I'm reaching the end of that Act and still haven't decided. I'd bring the kid to Shani if it was just for the kid, but it would affect Geralt's relationships as well I'm afraid. First of, the way Shani approached me and demanded the child while insulting Triss gave me an idea how a possible relationship would be like, and as sweet as Shani is, I could live without such an attitude and Geralt probably too. Then again, she's sweeter and that sort of girl a man wants to protect, I couldn't really piss her off - the image of Shani bursting into tears is just too much for me.... But then again, I think Triss is a much more interesting personality and someone Geralt can discuss other things with than simple family matters.... Think I'll choose Triss, but it'll break my heart. :-\

Chrisso said:
I feel with you, I'm reaching the end of that Act and still haven't decided. I'd bring the kid to Shani if it was just for the kid, but it would affect Geralt's relationships as well I'm afraid. First of, the way Shani approached me and demanded the child while insulting Triss gave me an idea how a possible relationship would be like, and as sweet as Shani is, I could live without such an attitude and Geralt probably too. Then again, she's sweeter and that sort of girl a man wants to protect, I couldn't really piss her off - the image of Shani bursting into tears is just too much for me.... But then again, I think Triss is a much more interesting personality and someone Geralt can discuss other things with than simple family matters.... Think I'll choose Triss, but it'll break my heart. :-\
*nod* True, but my Geralt isn't sure about Triss yet. What with that whole sneaky mirror conversation he overheard at the start of act 3. Makes him wonder what side she is really on. Oh well I'll put it off as long as possible and hopefully something will happen to make up my mind one way or the other.Nial

Top Bottom