[ACT III] Alvin to Triss, or Shani?

+
I've just started act 3 and i've already decided in advance i'll choose Shani even though i havent progressed that far yet ;DNot sure why but i just prefer Shani full stop.

There's very little "good" about Triss. Her motivations are just as selfish as any others. She supports the "common good" for the same reasons the Secret Soc. and the Sorceresses do... it keeps them in POWER. "Civilized society" is much easier to bend to to their whims. Leeuvarden and Triss have their good qualities, bit to say they're "good people" is pushing. They serve their own interests first, the common good second.

Chrisso said:
I feel with you, I'm reaching the end of that Act and still haven't decided. I'd bring the kid to Shani if it was just for the kid, but it would affect Geralt's relationships as well I'm afraid. First of, the way Shani approached me and demanded the child while insulting Triss gave me an idea how a possible relationship would be like, and as sweet as Shani is, I could live without such an attitude and Geralt probably too. Then again, she's sweeter and that sort of girl a man wants to protect, I couldn't really piss her off - the image of Shani bursting into tears is just too much for me.... But then again, I think Triss is a much more interesting personality and someone Geralt can discuss other things with than simple family matters.... Think I'll choose Triss, but it'll break my heart. :-\
You just made up my mind about who to chose ;D

I chose triss.I found Shani to be judgemental and bitchy on almost every occasion where her point of view was challenged. Triss when dealing with the shani situation never resorted to the low blows and personal bitchyness that shani exuded concerning Triss. I found that Shanis judgemental comments about triss witchyness to be a direct pointer to her lack of ability when it comes to dealing with Alvins future, and thus she was completely unsuited to take care of the child. There is no denying his magical abilities, and rather than having him brought up by someone who wil onlyl help him view himself as cursed and vile, I figured it might be better for him to live with someone who has a more accepting approach to his situation and abilities.Some people seem to view her "homelyness" as a sign of a good caregiver. I'd have to disagree. It depends on the needs of the child in question. Shani, seems very unaccepting of magic and especially the sorceress, whom she refers to as a witch, and she claims that we cannot chose triss unless we are bespelled and somehow not in controll of our own faculties. Her response is very childish and doesnt suggest we made the wrong choice at all. If shani has the emotional maturity of my 13 year old sister, which it seems like, then go go triss :)) I wanedt to give Alvin to the woman who best suits his needs and who, imo, would teach him to accept his abilities with an open mind and heart. Not with a judgemental and negative outlook from the getgo_Ofcourse some of you looked not only to whom the child should go, but also to whom you wanted Geralt to go. If you boys chose Shani omg /facepalm. Just remember, that if you wanted a possesive, slightly psychotic but sweet girl, you certainly got it.Ill take the strong, selfconfident mysterious woman over that any day! Shani is the kind of woman who fits the stereotype for a controlling, narrowminded, short tempered, possesive girlfriend. One word eeeeeeew!

I chose Triss. I don't know why. Maybe it's just because I like her... Since the prologue. I've chosen the one-and-only-underground-trip instead of fighting with this big thingy (kill me - forgot the name) at the beginning :pAnd maybe it's becasue of this freakin' grandma in the house? :)

i also chose triss.for pretty much the same reasons as most of you:
  • triss can handle herself in a fight
  • triss can help teach alvin to control his abilities
  • triss is a strong confident woman not a whiney short sighted little girl
and predictably shani turned into a psycho who wont even talk to me now! ::)

AMEN NILENYA!I did feel a little bad for Shani though. I could only understand her obsession with Geralt as a kind of childish fantasy that had to be crushed by reality at some point. Better sooner than later IMO.@ the argument that there's little "good" about Triss...well, I thought there was little "good" about Geralt either. Now, I wasn't playing him as evil. He tried to do the best he could in any given circumstances. But more often than not he was forced to choose the lesser of two evils, and he did have to kill a lot of people because of some of the choices he made. I think I almost felt that Shani was too "good" for Geralt in some ways. So I chose a more worldly woman (Triss) over the relatively naive Shani. I thought Triss a better match for Geralt in a lot of ways.

Shani is too idealistic. She always wants to help people and I think she belives in good and evil.On the other side Geralt and Triss know that there is no only black or white, there is full spectrum of "grey". Trisss as Geralt is more experienced, knows world much more. Also Triss is the one who could take care of Alvin's magical abilities.And last but not least Geralt always felt "somthing" to the witches ;)I think more sensible choice is Triss but feel free and try both :)

Triss is always unhappy and keep saying you have to learn Alvin to be more DISCIPLINED.
the comments Triss makes are based solely on how you respond to Alvin whenever you speak with him ( he has random conversation topics whenever you enter Triss' place).if you spoil him by giving in to his demands (give him a piece of candy for example), then Triss will chide you for spoiling him and not teaching him more discipline.if you reject alvin out of hand, she will chide you for not showing enough interest.always pick whatever the second option is when you talk to Alvin, and Triss will always tell you what a good father you are.that said, there are other things I haven't really seen people considering here when they make their choice.eventually, Triss or Shani will be fighting at your side at some point later in the game.which would you rather have fighting with you:powerful sorceress that dishes out decent area-affect damage in the form of waves of electricity-medic that heals you while you fight.so there's the other thing that needs to weigh in to a decision.

I think that Triss has more personality, but I took him to Shani - she's sweeter and in general nice, and considering I'm trying my best to roleplay the game (which is rather easy for once, I must say), I thought that I did not know so much about Triss, and after the start of chapter 3 I just couldn't trust her.

SirToejam said:
snip...that said, there are other things I haven't really seen people considering here when they make their choice.eventually, Triss or Shani will be fighting at your side at some point later in the game.which would you rather have fighting with you:powerful sorceress that dishes out decent area-affect damage in the form of waves of electricity-medic that heals you while you fight.so there's the other thing that needs to weigh in to a decision.
I definitely made that consideration. Triss' thunderbolts are pretty awesome. Shani's healing would be useful though, but I had gotten so used to taking swallow/rubedo potions that I never really needed a healer after Abigail and the Beast fight. :)I also pictured this scenario in my roleplaying of Geralt coming home to either Triss or Shani:Triss: "Hi hon, how was your day?"Geralt: "I spent the night in Adda's crypt..."Triss: "So you broke the curse?! Excellent, she'll be able to marry Radovid now and form a political alliance..."Geralt: "Politics again...is that all you think about?"Triss: "Aw, I was forgetting you just spent the night with a striga. Are you wounded? Here, let me make a thorough check..."(Fade to black...another "card" woohoo!)As opposed to...Shani: "Hi hon, how was your day?"Geralt: "I spent the night in Adda's crypt..."Shani: "Adda!? That royal skank!? How dare you spend the night with her!?"Geralt: "She was a striga..."Shani: "I don't care about your kinky tastes! Get out!"(Load screen...) ;)

ROFLMAOyeah, that about sums it up!still, I'm making "opposite" choices this time around, so I guess I'm stuck with Shani.

I took him to Shani. Shani is demanding and bossy but I don't fear she will discard me after having used me. Triss is playing her own game and uses Geralt as a tool. The conversation she had with her friend via the mirror literally made me an enemy of hers. I cannot stand being used. Geralt is a mercenary for good. Pay him and give him a good reason and he'll do it. To try and use him stinks of evil. Screw her and her sisters, if they had any real power and good intentions things wouldn't be as messy as they were.I want to think that I played the game as a defender of good versus evil and they ended up without the power they craved.

I chose Triss because not only could she teach him to be more skilled and disciplined with his skills and behavior. You can show a child love and affection without spoiling him. Shani wanted to make him a spoiled brat (like her).

You've already done your deeds with Triss. xDAnd I don't trust Triss since the beginning of chapter 3, so she can piss off.PS - Anyone think that Vampire Sex Card is a little...disturbing...?

well, since we're fantasizing about fantasy...I've always thought sex with a vamp would be quite interesting. I'm not sure a public forum would be a good place to discuss the details, however.not sure I'd like the "cold flesh" aspect of it, though. maybe if she took a hot shower first, or we spent some time in the jacquzzi.

SirToejam said:
well, since we're fantasizing about fantasy...I've always thought sex with a vamp would be quite interesting. I'm not sure a public forum would be a good place to discuss the details, however.not sure I'd like the "cold flesh" aspect of it, though. maybe if she took a hot shower first, or we spent some time in the jacquzzi.
1 - I thought this forum was for registered members only, that means what...17+. So sex should be appropriate.(?)2 - You can have secks with a vampire in the game, wonderful isn't it. I can't tell if the scratch marks on the bed are from Geralt or her...hmmm lol

Chrisso said:
I feel with you, I'm reaching the end of that Act and still haven't decided. I'd bring the kid to Shani if it was just for the kid, but it would affect Geralt's relationships as well I'm afraid. First of, the way Shani approached me and demanded the child while insulting Triss gave me an idea how a possible relationship would be like, and as sweet as Shani is, I could live without such an attitude and Geralt probably too. Then again, she's sweeter and that sort of girl a man wants to protect, I couldn't really piss her off - the image of Shani bursting into tears is just too much for me.... But then again, I think Triss is a much more interesting personality and someone Geralt can discuss other things with than simple family matters.... Think I'll choose Triss, but it'll break my heart. :-\
Jesus, you really "feel" this game! :D

Top Bottom