[ACT III] Alvin to Triss, or Shani?

+
yes in act II after the party you can have your first "encounter" with Shani, just need a red rose

This is actually real-life decision. You always have to choose between emotionless, hot,sexy, distrustfull, manipulative Bitch-Witches, or caring,understanding,responsible cutties. Too many times my heart was broken by bitchwitches and normally i would take the cuttie to settle down with. But for one badass mutant like Geralt i think the bitchwitch is not a problem. He could slap that bitch's ass and teach her some manners. And Alvins too. Man, you can be mutant, witcher, sterile, impotent, of rivia, or even brickmacker- the woman will allways somehow find a way to pop you up the kid, and make you committed forever,and ever and ever, and ever...

Torchz said:
I also can't decide.Shani is just so sweet, but Triss is insanely hot. Sweetness, hotness, sweetness, hotness...Why do we have to make such difficult decisions? :p
Very funny response!You think too much with your penis :D. The question was who do you want to give Alvin to and not with whom you wish to have regular sex! But not only to criticize and perhaps upset you I will give you an idea:What do you think will happen if any of the both women get mad at you (perhaps for what you did)?Shani will turn from sweet to hot, whereas people with an over-ambition and greed for power - that's Triss - usually turn bad.I, like most people, instantly felt that Shani was the better choice. When it comes to love do not start thinking.Sven

YEH, i wanted triss :p shes been with me from the very start, tho since i cant remember anything i really dont know how close me and shani was before, but shes annoyd me some hacking much :p but next time i play ill choose other options ::)

POSSIBLE SPOILERS......Triss: well, if you want an upperclass political girlfriend who will USE YOU....but who will also provide Alvin a proper education, protection, etc. And has connections.... Piss her off and it won't be pleasant. But if she needs you politically... she will still talk to you....Hope you know which fork to use when you have dinner parties. But you get to sleep in a clean bed....Shani: working stiff, honest, a bit needier, nice girl, won't use you but will be monumentally jealous of your "tomcatting". Can you handle the tantrums? Knows how to party, blue collar party, what everybody drinks. the kid will not have all the advantages of wealth, protection may well be by the local toughs. And the gods alone know what kinds of insect life is crawling in the mattress. Except Geralt is an atheist, so ok, even the gods dont know.Gamewise? That's why you play through two, three times.... because what you decide now WILL affect your future....

I picked Shani, thought she was hot in that nightie. so we'll see. I'll keep the post informedgreat game imhoreefer

whicher said:
The kid has magic/arcane tendencies,not health issues.Thats the reason I sent him to Triss.But there is a selfish reason as well...the teleport ,an absolute time saver.Grandma?Teleport?...Grandma?Teleport? Weigh the options.
Well, you never actually chose Shani, did you? Otherwise you'd know that grandma moves out once Alvin moves in with Shani :p

Echinoobs said:
Echinoobs said:
The kid has magic/arcane tendencies,not health issues.Thats the reason I sent him to Triss.But there is a selfish reason as well...the teleport ,an absolute time saver.Grandma?Teleport?...Grandma?Teleport? Weigh the options.
Well, you never actually chose Shani, did you? Otherwise you'd know that grandma moves out once Alvin moves in with Shani :p
Actually, I was sooooooo bummed that Grandma moved out. For all that she was a cranky old bag, she was hysterical. And once SPOILER I acquired the ring, she was sooooo all respectful and sympathetic and helpful.... I miss Grandma... :'(

I didn't even think twice. Shani is a sweetheart, but she's just a field medic. What does she know about magick and taking care of a fledging Source? From what I read, Sources are hard as hell to control and can be a danger to themselves and everyone around them. At least Triss has the appropriate skills to deal with it.

DamarStiehl said:
I didn't even think twice. Shani is a sweetheart, but she's just a field medic. What does she know about magick and taking care of a fledging Source? From what I read, Sources are hard as hell to control and can be a danger to themselves and everyone around them. At least Triss has the appropriate skills to deal with it.
The game and books proves otherwise. Sorceresses are human, not omniscient and they have all the issues and failings humans have, most of the time to greater extent than normal people,particularly selfishness and greed.

well i think triss is better, she would know what to do with the boy also lil bit dangerous to give to shani the boy since salamandra wants him too...

I'm not saying Triss is an angel, she's in fact a scheming bitch, but she's a sorceress and thus knows a good deal about magick and handling all things magickal. Shani's extent of knowledge of magick is "it makes pretty lights and goes boom, and all sorcerers are bastards/bitches". Plus she has an anger problem. I did NOT at all like her screaming at me when I first came back to the Temple Quarter. Does she even know Triss outside of the commonly perpetuated rumours?

One thing I notice is that when I chose Triss I regretted it right away. Hehe, well the kid got really spoiled and he seems allot less like a good kid like before. Also Triss keeps saying your not spoiling him are you? or Your so good with him... Than wants a ring of commitment? Too be very honest I felt thrown into this whole choice thing without ANY fore warning at all. I was sent to fetch the boy by triss and all of a sudden Shani shows up in the streets demanding me to let her keep him or else? I was like WHAT!?!?! So the heck with them both, and the kid :) I mean I think that's the Witcher attitude no?

Did this quest yesterday, but the deciscion wasn't that hard. I send Alvin to Triss. Didn't like Shani that much after chapter II, but when i entered the temple quarter to visit Alvin i even like her lesser then before. She yells at you about what your dealings are with the witch (she means triiss and witch is offcourse false, because triss is a sorceress) If you explain then that triss saved you from the dead she said that she hopes you're not lying. So she almost accuse you of being a liar! For the friggin second time. Persons who don't trust you deserve no gratitude. Shani is a big spoiled brat, is very jealous and trust nobody; even her friends. Shani isn't that sweet, it's the devil in human form.Triss Merigold is an other story. Yeah, she talks to a mirror in the beginning of act III, which looks suspicious. The one in the mirror is probably the head of the sorceress gang. Don't know her name now, but she is in redania and have an interest in humans. Also, Geralt has many similarities with Triss. Geralt fought once on Thanedd Island, where that band of sorceress is located. He fought even alongside with that sorceress gang, so he probally knows the whole story of triss. But since he has amnesia he don't remember it anymore. Triss has also brought geralt back to live, when he died in his hometown Rivia. Even Triss acts somewhat suspicious sometimes she actually love Geralt and want to stay with him. I would say that Triss is the sweet one and not Shani. Shani is the spoiled one, devil's creation. You don't want to bring Alvin to the devil. Besides Alvin isn't a normal kid and since Triss is a sorceress and Geralt isn't normal either (he's a friggin mutant) Triss is the best option for Alvin.
Torchz said:
I also can't decide.Shani is just so sweet, but Triss is insanely hot. Sweetness, hotness, sweetness, hotness...Why do we have to make such difficult decisions? :p
As mentioned above i find Shani not that sweet. I find Triss the sweet one. So no decision here, since i find that Triss have both options you mention. Sweet and Hot, how about that :p

i choose shani cause i don't want alvin to be able to learn his "magic" with triss or also for her to find a way to harness it for her own needs cause i don't trust her. triss will be mad at you but at least you can still use her and do you id. quest

Well, if you pay attention, the glossary says that magically gifted children like Alvin are likely to go crazy if they are not properly instructed in how to control their power; Triss is obviously better suited to this task than Shani. Shani is, on the other side, probably much more selfless and thus a better potential "mother". They both have their pros and cons.My personal opinion is that it is a more natural, more Geralt-like decision to give Alvin to Triss. On my first playthrough I gave him to Shani and came to regret it because: 1) it puts her in danger by involving her ever deeper in the Salamandra busyness 2) it fails to do Alvin any good in the long run and 3) it spoils the relationship with Triss who is, after all, established as a more important character and a more suitable partner for Geralt.Just my two orens ;)

Triss doesn't have the slightest means of controlling Alvin, she's as out-of-league as Shani.

It's choices like this, where there is no *right* answer, that make this game so freakin' awesome ;DTriss has got a lot in her favour. She just rescued Geralt when he was dying in the swamp and Geralt needs her magical abilities to help in his quests. As other people have already pointed out, she knows a lot about magic and therefore would understand Alvin's abilities better and perhaps be able to teach him. She was living in Kaer Morhen with the Witchers and has been involved from the start. However, it is also clear that she has her own agenda and that she sees The Source more as a pawn to use in her political games.Shani, on the other hand, is much too indulgent with Alvin. Sure, the boy has been through a lot and needs some nurturing, but I worry in the long term if he will become a spoilt little brat (with magical powers, what a great combination!). I delayed the decision for as long as possible, but in the end I chose Shani because I felt that she was a better friend. However, I wondered if I had made the right choice, since she seems to want more from Geralt than he is really capable of giving. In the end, Geralt knows it is his destiny to break her heart - he is the doomed anti-hero, nothing he can do to change that. It isn't really honest for him to pretend that Shani, Geralt & Alvin could settle down and become a happy family.Ultimately, I think Geralt is better off with Triss, who is less emotionally attached. It is kinder to Shani to break it off sooner rather than later.

I chose Triss myself because whenever I visit Shani she is always eating. No matter how sexy she is now, in a few years she'll look like leuvarden! ;)

Top Bottom