[ACT III] Alvin to Triss, or Shani?

+
kfijatass said:
hah:D My thinking was something like :Ok..... so we have to make a decision. Shani is a normal medic and all her skills she shown me are how to make a proper autopsy and she's a master in kamasutra. She may have kids with someone, but not Geralt. (possible break-up because of no kids) She's a normal, casual girl, if not to count her medical skills. She also has genes of her granny(ouch...) Also, a good mother. I can't really see her in the battlefield, other than healing wounds of soldiers.Triss on the other hand, is skilled in magics, unlike Shani. She can take care of herself. She's also skilled in battle, unlike Shani. She can do a lot of illusions including orgasm illusions or food (why the hell we need cooking for?), unlike Shani. I dont really know if she's a good mother since she can't have kids. But she's wise. She knows what's good and what's not good for Geralt. She's morally good ( " I don't want to look into your mind, although i may". An influential person in the politics scene, which is both a good and a bad thing.Triss wins with Shani on who should take care after him. Shani knows only how to heal him or care after him. Triss would make Alvin control his power and maybe, just maybe in the future be a witcher ( Geralt's dream, right ?) What in your opinion is more tempting? It all depends whether your Geralt wants to continue the witcher tradition, and be the unique guy and pass it to Alvin, or assimilate and start beeing "normal" with Shani.I took Triss. For the sake of curiousity, and the above arguments.
If you read the book, mages could only make illusions a.k.a only taste, not an actual food.And myself, I chose Triss, because she is more sexier (do not like tomboys, hey) and has alot more impact on the story.

Well, you can teleport to Triss and at Shani´s place is that creepy old woman. I think Triss is better. And it doesnˇt matter. :p

I went with Shani as she seemed to have Alvin's best interests at heart. The talking in the mirror made me very weary of Triss' motives. 'Don't let him find out the real reason', etc... I suppose if I can do another run through later, I will try giving him to Triss just to figure out what is different.

morandil said:
It's funny, my take on the whole issue was much more about Alvin and his story.I thought that whomever would become Alvin's guardian would be exposed to certain dangers and powerful forces. Shani is not really equipped to deal with that sort of thing. Triss is perfectly capable of dealing with that. I would hate to see Shani dead because I placed someone in her custody. Also, I would hate to see Alvin fall into the "wrong hands" that I know of. True, Triss has greater chances for secondary motives, and might very well be the "wrong hands" but I figure that's part of the deal.The degree of Shani's hate after making my decision, and her unwllingness to listen to any amount of reason (no options are given) kind of leads me to think I left Alvin with the more stable of the two (i.e. Triss).
QFTThat and it was Triss who asked me to get Alvin in the first place, and I always hate when (in similar games) I get sent to retrieve/kill someone/something, but someone makes me a different/better offer when I get to said person/thing I'm supposed to kill/retrieve. I never take the second offer, unless of course it's obviously the right thing to do. I don't know. I love how these choices have no obvious right or wrong, it adds so much more depth.

The way Triss behaves in the end of act V made me think I made the wrong choice in not choosing her for Alvin. But I found her rather arrogant before that, which made me go for Shani. Oh well, another example of good character build in this game (and another reason for replaying :))

Imho,Triss would be better option for Alvin then Shani because she can protect him and are more then nice for the boy.

I have postponed this quest a bit because i didn't know which one to 'give' Alvin. I am tempted to go see if Alvin is the lost child that Vaska has been talking about...Im probably gonna make a second and third playthrough to see each side of the game(order, squirrel and neutral), so I will probably get to see the good and bad sides of both Triss and Shani.Here is a little comparison of the two ladies based on my choices in the game so far:Shani is in Love. Triss isn't. Shani will get jealous. Triss probably wouldn't. Shani will be faithfull, Triss might not. (In my life i would probably choose Shani because of this!)Shani is emotional. Triss is practical,Shani adores Geralt. Triss uses Geralt.Triss is the better looking of the two, but Shani is not bad looking.Shani has defensive magical spells. Triss has offensive magical spells. Both can protect Alvin, but in two completely different ways.In this, my first run, I am most tempted to go for Shani. Why? Because after reading all these posts I have learned that choosing Shani would make it harder for me later in the game. I can heal myself with potions, so choosing Triss would only make the game easier, and I did choose to play the highest difficulty because I like a challenge. I think that was what I wanted to say at this point!Sayonara!

I never thought about whats best for the child. Alvin is just a pesky little bastard ("I WANT CANDY!!!"). I'd like to send him to the brickmakers village instead. :D

I choose shani. Shani is more sensiive and sweet han Triss, she has he potenial to be a great mother. Unlike triss whom I recall some calling her "If no for adda riss would be the king of he sluts"I was rather dissapointed at the end of he game, I don't want to spoil.

I would have been perfectly ready to let Shani have custody of the boy - if she hadn't gone all hysterical about it. Poor Geralt was just on his way to the hospital when she descended on him and interrogated him about his visit to Triss' house (making a scene in the middle of the street, for God's sake). After this incident, I didn't have to think twice about where to take Alvin: once again, I chose the lesser of two evils.

Nimue said:
I would have been perfectly ready to let Shani have custody of the boy - if she hadn't gone all hysterical about it. Poor Geralt was just on his way to the hospital when she descended on him and interrogated him about his visit to Triss' house (making a scene in the middle of the street, for God's sake). After this incident, I didn't have to think twice about where to take Alvin: once again, I chose the lesser of two evils.
yeah me too ,also I like triss better!

Shinoda-Z said:
Shinoda-Z said:
yeah me too ,also I like triss better!
Triss is an abusive b"""h who only wants to use you for her own means, Shani on the other hand, truly loves you,

Nimue said:
I would have been perfectly ready to let Shani have custody of the boy - if she hadn't gone all hysterical about it.
I've had girlfriends like that (well, minus Alvin, lol), and I'm sure you've had lovers like that as well. Things just go from bad to worse in a relationship with someone so controlling and jealous, so best to cut the ties early. Triss seems the better choice.

Playing Act 3, I chose Triss, without realising that Shani would be quite as pissed as she ended up being. I honestly wish i'd chosen the other path, since I believe that she has/d genuine feelings for Geralt. Does anyone whose completed the game, selecting Triss, know if you can get back into her good books?

Droog123 said:
Does anyone whose completed the game, selecting Triss, know if you can get back into her good books?
She does appreciate Geralt handling a situation at the makeshift hospital in Old Vizima (Chatpter V), but other than that, no.

Triss is an adult and more mature than the child-like Shani. The decision was easy for me. I have to agree, though, that as a protector, Triss would outshine Shani any day of the week. I want power beside me, not healing. I have potions for that. Besides, last I heard from her landlady, Shani barely pays her rent.Still, and I hate to say it, Alvin creeps me out anyway.~ Roxy

Whisperwind said:
they both get pissed. They both will call you pig and tell you to get out. Sooner or later they both (one of them I mean) will tell you something ugly to your face. Just choose the one who you like more, there is not THAT much difference. Shani - you are her property, so others - hands off. And Triss - you are her tool, so others - I'll tell you when you can use him, but only if it suits me.
A very accurate summary :D I truly regretted that simply telling both of them to get lost and leave Alvin with Vaska in the swamp was not an option...

Top Bottom