[ACT III] Alvin to Triss, or Shani?

+
I made two save files to go through each one. I must have both.... but yeah...I killed Granny. Before back in Ch. 2 after getting it on with Shani. You can do that, spoilers.

Whisperwind said:
they both get pissed. They both will call you pig and tell you to get out. Sooner or later they both (one of them I mean) will tell you something ugly to your face. Just choose the one who you like more, there is not THAT much difference. Shani - you are her property, so others - hands off. And Triss - you are her tool, so others - I'll tell you when you can use him, but only if it suits me.
So true!
Whisperwind said:
...A very accurate summary :D I truly regretted that simply telling both of them to get lost and leave Alvin with Vaska in the swamp was not an option...
I don't know about that.It might mean having to face a super Dagon at the end, instead of the GM. ;D

Whisperwind said:
choose shani now and look how glad you will be without triss :D just try them out. There ALOT of things that you cna do different and some affect girl you chose. (I'm still in shock what I did in this game 3th time... T__T )
What, did you side with the Order and start hunting Squirrels? I'm shocked ;)

Whisperwind said:
Whisperwind said:
Whisperwind said:
choose shani now and look how glad you will be without triss :D just try them out. There ALOT of things that you cna do different and some affect girl you chose. (I'm still in shock what I did in this game 3th time... T__T )
What, did you side with the Order and start hunting Squirrels? I'm shocked ;)
yes... I.. I.. did that. I'm shocked too but I will never do this again. Ever! That was most horrible game exp in my life :D I even attacked nonhumans civilians, because I forgot that some are civilians... TT_____TT

I placed Alvin with Shani for two reasons:1. It seems like she wants him in order to raise him, whereas it seems like Triss wants him in order to use him.2. Both Triss and Shani are trying to manipulate me, but Triss is trying to manipulate me into becoming her tool, whereas Shani is trying to manipulate me into becoming her man. I'd rather be valued as a person than as a tool.After I placed Alvin with Shani, I felt sort of sorry that I didn't put him somewhere where he could get a good magical education. Then I spoke to Triss again, and she was verbally abusive, and I decided that I'd made the right choice -- Alvin would be warped if he grew up with Triss' tongue-lashings.

Corylea said:
After I placed Alvin with Shani, I felt sort of sorry that I didn't put him somewhere where he could get a good magical education. Then I spoke to Triss again, and she was verbally abusive, and I decided that I'd made the right choice -- Alvin would be warped if he grew up with Triss' tongue-lashings.
Obviously you haven't experienced Shani's reaction after leaving Alvin with Triss ;) She can be every bit as verbally abusive as Triss. In fact, of the two Triss remains cooler.

Nimue said:
Obviously you haven't experienced Shani's reaction after leaving Alvin with Triss ;) She can be every bit as verbally abusive as Triss. In fact, of the two Triss remains cooler.
Interesting. I'm playing through a second time, and I'll be leaving Alvin with Triss this time, just to see what that's like. I already feel sorta sorry for him, though. :)

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
Interesting. I'm playing through a second time, and I'll be leaving Alvin with Triss this time, just to see what that's like. I already feel sorta sorry for him, though. :)
Don't be. He'll be no worse off with Triss.

NialBlack-Knee said:
NialBlack-Knee said:
I feel with you, I'm reaching the end of that Act and still haven't decided. I'd bring the kid to Shani if it was just for the kid, but it would affect Geralt's relationships as well I'm afraid. First of, the way Shani approached me and demanded the child while insulting Triss gave me an idea how a possible relationship would be like, and as sweet as Shani is, I could live without such an attitude and Geralt probably too. Then again, she's sweeter and that sort of girl a man wants to protect, I couldn't really piss her off - the image of Shani bursting into tears is just too much for me.... But then again, I think Triss is a much more interesting personality and someone Geralt can discuss other things with than simple family matters.... Think I'll choose Triss, but it'll break my heart. :-\
*nod* True, but my Geralt isn't sure about Triss yet. What with that whole sneaky mirror conversation he overheard at the start of act 3. Makes him wonder what side she is really on. Oh well I'll put it off as long as possible and hopefully something will happen to make up my mind one way or the other.Nial
So...You wanna Know what she's up to?Read the character Story in the website.

before getting to the part i already had my mind on triss, but when i finally reached the point of making a decision, i found out a few things that me stick with my choice of triss.when triss finds out about alvin, she tells geralt that shani wont hand him over and she is worried that he might 'spin out of control with those powers'. so geralt goes to temple quarter and heads for the hospital, halfway he meets shani. she says to geralt 'what does that hag know about raising children when she cant have her own?' which i think is somewhat insulting to triss. although its a fact, the way she says it sounds rather annoying.after saving alvin and dandelion comes in, geralt tells him to take alvin away to safety. when asked whom should alvin be taken to, the choices are:1. take alvin to shani. triss'll be pissed, but i have no time to worry about that now...2. take alvin to triss. she'll protect him best.at this point, somehow geralt seems to trust triss more claiming that alvin is in better protection with triss. also, alvin is a special child with gifted powers, he should be raised and taught how to control his powers. this makes triss a better choice since she is a soceress and can teach alvin better. if alvin is left with shani, she'll probably raise him as a normal child since i dont think she knows much about magic and power.this made me stick with triss. probably on my next replay, i might choose shani, who knows?note: this above is just my opinion and thoughts.

Fifa said:
Well, you can teleport to Triss and at Shani´s place is that creepy old woman. I think Triss is better. And it doesnˇt matter. :p
Yeah that's right. That's the first reason that's made me choose Triss :p just because of the teleport, about granny sorry that I kill her right after I made love with Shani ]:-> (actually I didn't think granny is so creepy)-- What's a monster am I eh ?

Well if it really have a day that Geralt settle down I'll choose Shani thought it can't be peaceful with Triss :p

I gave the damn kid to Triss for a few reasons:1. Shani is clingy, and seems to think Geralt is perfect husband material. Think again honey. ;D At least Triss seems to understand the whole nomadic witcher lifestyle.2. Triss is a sorceress and can actually protect the kid and teach him how to use his powers (maybe, but she has a better chance than Shani) instead of letting him go insane and flatten the city (according to all the books Geralt's read so far).3. Triss is more worldly, and doesn't yell at Geralt for speaking to an old friend who happened to save his life.And a couple of other reasons that I can't think of right now. But damn I wish I could kill that kid. Save all the problems both now and later... 'whoopsy, sorry kid, I just ran you through. Now if you'd stood a distance behind me like a clever little lad instead of in front of me while I'm swinging my very sharp sword, that probably wouldn't have happened'. ::)

I picked triss for the above reasons... and also I trust triss. I know she was 'plotting' with philippa in the mirror, but after I finished the game I think the thing she didn't want Geralt to find out was that the Lodge of Sorceresses were trying to ally Temeria and Redania together to strengthen the position of the Lodge. Geralt hates politics and hates being a part of it, but Triss wants Geralt to get involved both to help him recover his memory AS WELL AS helping to bring Temeria and Redania together in an alliance.

In my first run-through I was initally convinced that Shani had to be the one .. i mean she's *good*, a nice girl, a healer, devoted to her patients, smart, good-looking *and* she puts out and Triss did seem a bit scheming but then after giving Shani the ring i began to think: OMG! what have i done?? witchers don't settle down, this is insane!
but then at the end geralt does get a chance to back out of that little mess gracefully
and then when i left Alvin with Shani, well .... let's just say Triss isn't very forgivingIn my second run-through i went with Triss (naturally) and found her to be not as scheming as i initially thought, and Shani to be a lot less forgiving than i originally expected, and , dare i say it, screechy.
and you lose track of Alvin no matter what in Act IV
So it's lose-lose (or win-win, depending your glass of water stance) when choosing a guardian.I hadn't read any of the books when i played then so i was really baffled as to why geralt would care about some kid and being a father in the first place. Now that I've read The Witcher and The Sword of Destiny (in french), things make a bit more sense ... i can't wait for Blood of the Elves.

gamewidow said:
IShani to be a lot less forgiving than i originally expected, and , dare i say it, screechy.
Yeah, it seems a bit strange to me that EITHER of the women takes your placement of Alvin as a romantic commitment to whoever you place him with. I can think that a magic kid should have a magic mentor or that a boy who's lost several guardians in a row should have someone sweet and loving without its meaning that I think that woman is the right one for GERALT.Still, I find that Shani is more forgiving in the long run than Triss is. By the time you lead the refugees to the hospital in Act V, she's willing to talk nicely to you again.

Top Bottom