[ACT III] Alvin to Triss, or Shani?

+
When she rescues Geralt from the swamp at the end of act II, she's talking in the mirror to some other sorceress, "Never let the Witcher guess what you hide from him." WTF am I supposed to think...?Then Geralt asks about that and the abrupt change of topic by Triss is brought about by 'medical examination.' Or plowing session, as I like to call them.I still find it hard to trust Triss... I mean, I suppose Geralt SHOULD. But after the scene at the banquet I left with the impression Triss was banging Leuvaarden...

at that point, the game becomes exclusively for men (sorry girls). It's the main dillema in any man's life: the sweet, caring, loving type of Shani who will always be there for you (and in some extend you might get bored of her), or the sexy, hot, adventurus type of Triss (who can nevertheless become distant and unfaithful)? The writers hit the spot at that point, very good guys, keep on playing with our inner thoughts:)I went for Triss and regreted it afterwards. I should have chosen Shani.

DNL said:
at that point, the game becomes exclusively for men (sorry girls). It's the main dillema in any man's life: the sweet, caring, loving type of Shani who will always be there for you (and in some extend you might get bored of her), or the sexy, hot, adventurus type of Triss (who can nevertheless become distant and unfaithful)?
Which is why men marry the first type while keeping the second as a mistress. Doesn't seem much of a dilemma to me :p

Darmoth said:
I still find it hard to trust Triss... I mean, I suppose Geralt SHOULD. But after the scene at the banquet I left with the impression Triss was banging Leuvaarden...
Thaler is the one who suggests that I think.No real evidence anywhere to back it up though.Triss always goes back to her place at 4.00am or whatever, alone.She could be stringing him along a bit though, getting him hoping.

If you ever get to read the books, you'll see that Geralt doesn't have much luck with women being faithful to him on a regular basis, so this would be nothing new.

gamewidow said:
If you ever get to read the books, you'll see that Geralt doesn't have much luck with women being faithful to him on a regular basis, so this would be nothing new.
Well, he isn't exactly monogamous himself, so it kind of balances out.

True, I was just finding all this talk of fidelity (specifically in this context) rather funny and felt compelled to comment :)

gamewidow said:
True, I was just finding all this talk of fidelity (specifically in this context) rather funny and felt compelled to comment :)
Understandable ;) Same here.

Nimue said:
Nimue said:
at that point, the game becomes exclusively for men (sorry girls). It's the main dillema in any man's life: the sweet, caring, loving type of Shani who will always be there for you (and in some extend you might get bored of her), or the sexy, hot, adventurus type of Triss (who can nevertheless become distant and unfaithful)?
Which is why men marry the first type while keeping the second as a mistress. Doesn't seem much of a dilemma to me :p
LOL Here we go. So Nim, there's this quote from a british author, I think can't recall his exact name, got it, D.H. Lawrence. It says: The worlds future won't be decided by Wars or Economies but by How Men and Women comunicate with each other. What are your fellings about that?

Nimue said:
Nimue said:
Nimue said:
Nimue, Widow, I thought better of you both. DNL (probably) has an excuse for being immature. You don't.Yes, I agree that sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander - a man who isn't prepared to be faithful shouldn't expect faithfulness. But don't respond to the stereotyping of women by stereotyping men.

My comments were specific to Geralt and Triss (or Yennefer) ... i made no sweeping generalizations about gender -- methinks you assume too much ;D

Shani's party determined my decision as much as anything else:If I brought Carmen, Shani got jealous - okay, I get it; but if I brought Siegfried, he and Shani are clearly attracted to each other. This bothered me (male ego alert! male ego alert!). This erased my thoughts of any feelings that Shani had for me. What are her true feelings? Is she that easily swayed? That aside, I also agree with just about all of the reasons for choosing Triss over Shani that have already been mentioned.

Does it change the .. plot (?) of the game whether you choose Triss or Shani? I mean.. does the game have something different if you take Alvin for example to Shani?I gave Alvin to Triss, though, I didn´t know why :pBut I guess because Triss saved Geralt and Triss might have more powers to protect the child and so on.Update: I´m not sure if this spoils what I´m going to say but moderators can delete this then :pWhen I took Alvin to Triss and then the quest said " I should see Triss and see how they´re doing.". When I went to Triss´ place (it was late though..) there were only Alvin sleeping and I couldnt speak with him, he just said Z..ZzZ..Z :pSo do I have to go back there in daylight perhaps? :)

Yes you do have to speak to Alvin during the day ... and Triss is out very late every night, she doesn't come home for the New Narakort until after 3 amand while there are differences in the story if you leave Alvin with Shani instead of Triss, they are pretty minor

Winstar said:
Does it change the .. plot (?) of the game whether you choose Triss or Shani? I mean.. does the game have something different if you take Alvin for example to Shani?I gave Alvin to Triss, though, I didn´t know why :pBut I guess because Triss saved Geralt and Triss might have more powers to protect the child and so on.Update: I´m not sure if this spoils what I´m going to say but moderators can delete this then :pWhen I took Alvin to Triss and then the quest said " I should see Triss and see how they´re doing.". When I went to Triss´ place (it was late though..) there were only Alvin sleeping and I couldnt speak with him, he just said Z..ZzZ..Z :pSo do I have to go back there in daylight perhaps? :)
Triss doesn't seem to take foster-parenting very seriously. She leaves Alvin home alone every night, and doesn't seem to show any concern for his welfare. She seems to me to be manipulative and a user. Mind you, this doesn't necessarily mean she's bad in bed - Leuvaarden always looks happy.

Top Bottom