[ACT III] Alvin to Triss, or Shani?

+
Tip: It's better to choose Triss because i finished the game. Its plays important role at the end of the game. She is stronger than Shani and... at the end...

I would view that as merely personal opinion :) -- to which you are of course entitled. I also tend to stick with Triss, but not for those reasons ... i just can't bear to get the "Speak, then go" greeting every time I need to speak with her about a quest ... and there are many such occasions

SimonBrooke said:
SimonBrooke said:
SimonBrooke said:
at that point, the game becomes exclusively for men (sorry girls). It's the main dillema in any man's life: the sweet, caring, loving type of Shani who will always be there for you (and in some extend you might get bored of her), or the sexy, hot, adventurus type of Triss (who can nevertheless become distant and unfaithful)?
Which is why men marry the first type while keeping the second as a mistress. Doesn't seem much of a dilemma to me :p
SimonBrooke said:
Nimue, Widow, I thought better of you both. DNL (probably) has an excuse for being immature. You don't.Yes, I agree that sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander - a man who isn't prepared to be faithful shouldn't expect faithfulness. But don't respond to the stereotyping of women by stereotyping men.
get a life Mr Brooke

Forget the idea of sending him to Vaska in the swamp. I say there should be another option:Since the creepy little weirdo "needs discipline", every time Alvin gets whiny we should have the option to send him to Grandpa in the swamp to be eaten. :eek:

preacherzson said:
Forget the idea of sending him to Vaska in the swamp. I say there should be another option:Since the creepy little weirdo "needs discipline", every time Alvin gets whiny we should have the option to send him to Grandpa in the swamp to be eaten. :eek:
Grandpa never eats children.

preacherzson said:
OOOoooooo you're evil.... I like that :beer:

Hi Guys,Right now I am at this quest, to bring the boy to Triss from the hospital.Does anyone knows how long will take to end this ACT?God this game is amazing!!!!

I have killed the 2 brothers and got the letter.I must go now to meet Shani and get a boy for Triss.In the end of the ACT I guess I must kill something right?And how big is this ACT???I hope the other 2 to be different!tHANKS

there's a major battle (boss fight) in every chapter and there are 7 chapters (prologues, 5 acts and epilogue) ... personally, i found the beast fight (in Act 1) to be the worst of the game :)

pepez said:
In the end of the ACT I guess I must kill something right?
The end of this act has a LOT going on. You'll have to handle two different bosses, but the second one is better handled by some means other than ordinary hand-to-hand combat: listen very carefully to what Geralt says aloud to himself while you're in the ending of Act III.

Hi guys,I finish ACT III and now I am at the beginning of ACT IV.God!!!!!!!!! I ADORE THIS GAME!!!Any suggestions in ACT IV?How can I make swallow potions?A friend of mine told me that in this ACT I will find an AMAZING SWORD, is that true?Geralt FOREVER!!!

morandil said:
It's funny, my take on the whole issue was much more about Alvin and his story.I thought that whomever would become Alvin's guardian would be exposed to certain dangers and powerful forces. Shani is not really equipped to deal with that sort of thing. Triss is perfectly capable of dealing with that. I would hate to see Shani dead because I placed someone in her custody. Also, I would hate to see Alvin fall into the "wrong hands" that I know of. True, Triss has greater chances for secondary motives, and might very well be the "wrong hands" but I figure that's part of the deal.The degree of Shani's hate after making my decision, and her unwllingness to listen to any amount of reason (no options are given) kind of leads me to think I left Alvin with the more stable of the two (i.e. Triss).
I pretty much made the same decision, for the same reasons .. along with all the other responses I've read so far in this thread, I actually took the TIME to think (a rare event in CRPGs) through The Future Consequences, and decided that as a Child of Destiny (bigtime!) Alvin needed a sorceress to guide and protect him. Shani wasn't even in the running, for me, because she would have had NO clue on how to handle Alvin's developing powers (GIVEN what I knew of her at the time). So was an easy choice for me to MAKE, given my view of the situation, but it was still kinda hard to DO the action .. like many of you, I procrastinated on it until I pretty much HAD to make a choice to keep the plot moving .. and then I sent him to Triss. ;)

I just coin-choised Triss (3 on 3. Flawless victory for the sorcess. ;D).And now gotta give her the ruby-ring...no Idea where I can found it. :pSomeone can help, please?Thank. :)-J.

SinNiji said:
I just coin-choised Triss (3 on 3. Flawless victory for the sorcess. ;D).
I do the same thing in 'real life' sometimes, when the decision either doesn't really matter much (and I don't want to waste time on internal debate), or when I just CAN'T decide by process of reasoning it out or by going with my moral code .. which usually occurs when I don't have enough information. 8)
SinNiji said:
And now gotta give her the ruby-ring...no Idea where I can found it. :p
I think that you can buy it from the rich-looking merchant who hangs out in the square near Shani's place, and additionally you can get one for free .. somewhere .. but I don't recall which box, chest, or drawer contains one. Sorry! :p :peace:

Well.. I always have in my poket the Obivion Coin (from the Collector box.)It brings me luck. :pThanks for the tips. I'll check. :)

Call me what you will, but a person who turns down my ring in RL and demands a specific type will get nothing from me. :p

Top Bottom