[ACT III] Alvin to Triss, or Shani?

+
I've always given Alvin to Triss previously, but this time I've gone with Shani. I actually think Triss is the logical choice, for all the reasons listed in this thread, but I waned a change.Has anyone noticd that as soon as you choose Shani she starts eating, and that's all she does? I suspect she'll be one fat 50 year-old! It's as though once she's got Geralt in her clutches she stops worrying about her weight.

Fraser said:
Has anyone noticd that as soon as you choose Shani she starts eating, and that's all she does? I suspect she'll be one fat 50 year-old! It's as though once she's got Geralt in her clutches she stops worrying about her weight.
Would you rather have a wife that stands in front of the mirror all the time? This mirror is also a magical communication device -- even worse, 'cause she can check her hair and gossip with her girl friends at the same time! ;D

Neither of these two women is exectly right, really. Triss is up to her eyeballs in intrigue, and Shani wants way too much domestication. Clearly, Triss is the best choice, though, both for Alvin AND for Geralt. She'll put up with his shenanigans -- indeed, both of them are best suited to an open relationship.

LOL Fraser I'm already married so I can comment on that one. YAH shani sits and eats she'll be a heffer i'm sure--like most women get! It's hard to find one that actually gives a crap about her body AFTER marriage. AND notice how she's already stifling Geralt once you've had her. "Why were you at that witches house" -- nag, nag, nag. That's why I'll pursue Triss and let Shani find another man!Oh! Yah i'd rather have one that stands in front of a mirror--at least she cares about the way she looks and if she's talking with her girlfriends all the time at least she's not nagging at you all the time!

mardana said:
if she's talking with her girlfriends all the time at least she's not nagging at you all the time!
She's not talking with her girlfriends; she's plotting with her co-conspirators -- that's a very different thing!

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
if she's talking with her girlfriends all the time at least she's not nagging at you all the time!
She's not talking with her girlfriends; she's plotting with her co-conspirators -- that's a very different thing!
Yes! And conspiracy talk is both much more interesting to eavesdrop on, and muuuch more dangerous. Yet ANOTHER reason to go with Triss, IMHO (in-game .. might make a slightly different assessment of risk/reward in Real LIfe). ]:->

mardana said:
LOL Fraser I'm already married so I can comment on that one. YAH shani sits and eats she'll be a heffer i'm sure--like most women get! It's hard to find one that actually gives a crap about her body AFTER marriage.
Surely not ALL women get fat after they get married, though? I just thought it was a lilttle in-game joke, a cliche. I can imagine Geralt getting tired of her pretty quickly, though. With Triss he can play at being in a committed relationship without actually having to BE in one. They can fantasize about having a normal life without there ever truly being a chance of that happening; if it did, it would be a disaster, and they would both know it.But the number one reason for picking Triss is, I've realized, the teleporter in her room.

Fraser said:
Fraser said:
LOL Fraser I'm already married so I can comment on that one. YAH shani sits and eats she'll be a heffer i'm sure--like most women get! It's hard to find one that actually gives a crap about her body AFTER marriage.
Surely not ALL women get fat after they get married, though? I just thought it was a lilttle in-game joke, a cliche. I can imagine Geralt getting tired of her pretty quickly, though. With Triss he can play at being in a committed relationship without actually having to BE in one. They can fantasize about having a normal life without there ever truly being a chance of that happening; if it did, it would be a disaster, and they would both know it.But the number one reason for picking Triss is, I've realized, the teleporter in her room.
LOL yah cliche. I've known 60 year old women who still looked 40 and a really nice body. They don't all follow the Obesity factor. Your points were very reasonable. AND the teleporter is nice. :peace:

i'm actually 20 lbs lighter than on my wedding day (19 years ago) so there :p ... and yes, i'm still married to him :)

I chose Shani the first time around cause I thought she was the cooler kid and the moment she got high and dry she started nagging: savegame, reload, triss. And I dont think triss was ploying against me, like girls are they were talking about boys, and the other sorceress just told her not to let geralt know how much she was in love with him.lol just need a big ego and you dont feel ployed against :)

I've noticed many people choosing against Triss due to the fact that she uses Geralt as a pawn in her political affairs. While I do not doubt this is true, i DO doubt that Geralt actually cares. Geralt was created to be a weapon against monsters, in that regard the very reason for his existence is to BE used. If Triss, with whom he obviously has feelings for and with whom he already has a relationship, wanted Geralt to do something for her I doubt he would refuse anyway unless it significantly violated his own ethical code (which he keeps as brief as possible anyway).

I chose Triss. Not because I liked her more, but because as a sorceress she's more suited to tend for a source.I should say that before the choice I prefered Shani but her reaction convinced me that my choice was right. She didn't want what was the better for Alvin but what she wanted.

Top Bottom