[ACT III] Excellent Leather Jacket - Worth it?

+
[ACT III] Excellent Leather Jacket - Worth it?

Is it worth spending the 5K orens on the excellent leather jacket, or will there be something better coming around eventually for free? (Kind of like, why spend the money on a meterite sword, when you can pick up Harvall in Act 2)

http://guides.gamepressure.com/thewitcher/guide.asp?ID=3851The raven armor, you get it at act 4... a lot better than the 5000 orens one.

Actually you get Raven's armor well into Chapter V. Money is very easy to earn in Act III, if you don't mind playing a couple of dice poker games. ;) De Wett has the most money.

It really comes down to weather the incremental protection is worth the price. It's perfectly feasible to have more than enough money to buy it in Act II if you're frugal and not buying ridiculous amount of potion supplies. and also selling excess jewelry you don't need, and selling the books back to the antiquary once you use them.

Understand that this jacket is the most expensive object in the game. Now think about what you want to do with your money. I finished the game with 25.000 orens and besides buying books, which can cost a few thousand orens, you will only find one more object worth buying, and it costs either 3000 or 5000 orens (cannot remember the exact price). My advice is if you have the money better start spending it. You are waiting for the wrong thing!Sven

3000 orens and you are right Sven. Jacket is well worth the money (in fact, I would advise not to finish the chapter until you can afford it) especially that making money in this game isn't all that difficult.

I always buy it. It's helpfull when you're at the swamp for the first time. In act III you're immortal anyway so you will want to buy it earlier.

sdack said:
Understand that this jacket is the most expensive object in the game. Now think about what you want to do with your money. I finished the game with 25.000 orens and besides buying books, which can cost a few thousand orens, you will only find one more object worth buying, and it costs either 3000 or 5000 orens (cannot remember the exact price). My advice is if you have the money better start spending it. You are waiting for the wrong thing!Sven
I think the sword Gwalhir is 3K off the blacksmith in Act IV, but don't quote me.

Top Bottom