[Act III] Gold Rush fight in basement of bank HELP

+
[Act III] Gold Rush fight in basement of bank HELP

I cannot kill anything in the fight in the basement of the bank, as Yaeviin escapes into the sewers. I have tried various potion and sword combos with no luck. Gerald dies very quickly, I need help . I do not understand that my sword or the Aards do not effect those Berserkers at all. I have sided with the order in this fight.

That fight is pretty hard, as far as i remember. There' no special combination of potions\fighting style who works better than another one. Any palyer has hi\her own you need just find out yours.This my advice:-use bombs, like zerrikanian sun or samun (these are my two favorites and effective in my opinion)-try with these potions: swallow, maribor forest, thunderbolt or blizzard, tawny howl, shrike (if you have the recipe already. If not, go and check here for the ingredients)-use oils for the steel blade (better if you have a meteorite sword) like crinfind oil (my fav) or hanged man venom-use aard-igni a lot -the group style should work but sometimes it can be tricky. Try to switch rapidly between the strong style for the dwarves and the group style. Especially when you have just stunned\knocked down\inflicted pain\poisoned some of your enemies.good luck ;)

Try backing up the stairs and you should be able to face only one or two opponents at a time. You won't be allowed to escape up the stairs but by going up part way and turning to face your opponents you can cut them down one by one (Igni and Aard help).

Use Igni against them, they are humanoids and vulnerable to fire :evil: You should have a talent in "incineration" of Igni.

witcher6868 said:
Try backing up the stairs and you should be able to face only one or two opponents at a time. You won't be allowed to escape up the stairs but by going up part way and turning to face your opponents you can cut them down one by one (Igni and Aard help).
This is another good trick ;)
witcher6868 said:
Use Igni against them, they are humanoids and vulnerable to fire :evil: You should have a talent in "incineration" of Igni.
Of course, but you should have boosted your igni at a good level (you did it right?)

Thanks for all of your replies. I have good levels for igni, sword strength, and I have been using the appropriate potions, I have noticed since the update I no longer have Kiss as a potion?I just can't figure out why i am having so much trouble killing anyone, and I am dying VERY fast.I played the game through before, siding with the elves, and did not have this problem.Is there a way to restart Chapter 3? I hate to redo the whole game!!

No, if you don't have still your latest savegames. Using more than one samegame it's a rule when you paly any game ;)anyway, you don't need to restart the act just to change your allies, or just for passing that fight. Just reload before Gold Rush starts and you can choose to side with Yaevinn\siegfried. But if u only want to win the Scoia'tael battle, follow our advice. Use oils and bombs and you'll see that the fight will be much easier.

since you did register your game, you could ask for a saved game that matches (or comes close to matching) what you had before doing chapter 3 on the Savegame Market forum .. that's all i can suggest

Oh I know what you mean, it took me forever to get through that fight the first time I played the game. What I sugguest you do is, drink a Tawny Owl, Swallow, and Thunderbolt before the battle. It also helps if you have alot of skill in the group style steel. You just have to keep trying, you'll get through it eventually. :) But do try what I said, it should help you get through it, it helped me through it.

I used group style, swallow, tawny owl and Aard quite a bit. My sword (Three piece red meteorite) also had diamond dust on it, so I cut through them like butter. If you want, you can also add the Wolf potion.

remember the old "use the stairs" option ... if Geralt is on the staircase, on one opponent can approach at a time :peace:

Go up the stairs and use yrden. That way you will only be fighting one opponent at a time and as a bonus the opponent can't fight you.

Thanks again. I went to the swamps for a couple of days. Came back and after a couple of tries killed all those nasty little dwarves.

Top Bottom