[ACT III] Is Wyvern Island required?

+
[ACT III] Is Wyvern Island required?

Somehow, I missed Wyvern Island in Act II. I found it in Act III, and am wondering, is it required? I see in other posts, people draw them out 1 by 1, and take them out that way, using igni. I will try that tactic, and wonder will any potions help stop the poisounous bits? Bindweed? Thanks! Any benefit to clearing the island, aside from XP?

No benefits other than some experience and a nice sword, as the poster above me stated. But if you have the 3R meteorite sword in Act II (I had it forged for me in Act I), you won't need Harvall. It's best to prepare with a battle with wyverns with a Golden Oreole potion (makes you immune to their poison, which is not acid-based) and a Blizzard.

Thanks everyone. I think I will attempt after I finish what I am working on. I finally got my 3R sword, so I will keep that; but, it will be fun for the XP. Good to know about Golden Oriole. I completely forgot about that one! :)

Planewalker said:
No benefits other than some experience and a nice sword, as the poster above me stated. But if you have the 3R meteorite sword in Act II (I had it forged for me in Act I), you won't need Harvall. It's best to prepare with a battle with wyverns with a Golden Oreole potion (makes you immune to their poison, which is not acid-based) and a Blizzard.
I've done it without blizzard and golden oreole. Used a runestone on the silver sword, took some swallow and defeat the wyverns and royal wyverns one by one. Sometimes two, but not more then that. i used the strong style, which is best to defeat them. Be aware of other enemies, such as drowned dead and archespore.

It's also worthwhile to visit the Wyvern isle because you will meet the Moa, boss royal wyern. Moa is one of the 2 trophies in Act III. Try to lurk the Wyvern from each other and kill 1 or 2 at one time and finally Moa.

MOA is a trophy? I will try it then!!!! Should be a tough and good battle. Will certainly lure them out slowly. Trying them all at once would be suicide I am sure.

yes, Moa is a trophy. That is a female royal wyvern. The royal huntsman will pay you well for it.

... plus :eek: an extra reward if you delivered 5 trophies from the start of the game so far. Just talk to the royal huntsman once again after you received the money.

wyvern Island is easy..I took like 5 potions before fighting including swallow and blizzard , jumped in the middle and just kept group silvering them all like mad... ended up with like 50% left (took 1 heal potions in the procesS) and lik 6-7 wyverns died including 3 royals the trophy included...Damn these potions are powerful :eek:

... jumped in the middle of all... if he survived the toxication of 5 potions at all :dead: unless he made all potion Albedo dominant, though I'm not sure if it would work.

Where is this wyvern island? I'm on act 3 now and got a Wyvern contract! But I can't find it in the swamp!

The best bet is to go through the druid grove following the path until you end up in some small pier (i hope i can call it that) in that point you should see in you left small island with some beasts in it and a lot around it.I hope it helps.Even with Albedo dominant that takes a half of Geralt health,and you move like you where :sleep:.

I asked this in another thread but since this one is on topic I hope someone here can help. I cannot find Moa. I have killed the Wyvern, none of which was Moa. Any help much appreciated.

TheRealOmegaMan said:
I asked this in another thread but since this one is on topic I hope someone here can help. I cannot find Moa. I have killed the Wyvern, none of which was Moa. Any help much appreciated.
Strange, in act 3 it should be there.Are you in act 3?

Yes, this is very important. I remember once I was desperately looking for Woref, the wolf and couldn't find it because... this was an Act III trophy and I was in Act II

Top Bottom