[ACT III] Lock and Key help needed

+
[ACT III] Lock and Key help needed

I'm very confused by this. I've just met the Vincent/Werewolf, but my only option is to kill him :(According to the wiki, (http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Lock_and_Key) he should talk to me about the Salamandra first, before giving me the decision to kill him or not.What happens to me is: Werewolf attacks. I fight until it changes into Vincent, and the dialogue options are "Die!" and "Why shouldn't I kill you". I'm assuming "Die" starts a fight, so I pick "Why shouldn't I kill you" which ends up in a fight anyway.Plus after killing him, which I didn't want to do, there is no way out.The only door is "Door to old forge", which is locked!Help please

Actually there is another door to a house (Werewolf hideout) and go through basement to sewer to get out. Not sure what went wrong with the werewolf battle. "Why shouldn't I kill you" was the apropriate response.

Treasa

Forum veteran
Did you find him innocent in the Visima Confidential/ Anatomy of a Crime threads?

Ah can't even remember that. But surely the fact that I found out he is a werewolf that only kills bad guys is enough for me to let him live :(I've searched around and around for ages holding down alt, and all I see is some guards on the outside, entry to sewers on the outside, and door to forge on the inside.Oh, and also Seigfried magically turning up everywhere because I haven't dealt with the robbery yet

I don't know what went wrong, but you can try this: Use the Axii sign, so the werewolf stop the attack. Then, run to the sewers. If you 're fast and go there before the sign ends, perhaps you 'll be able to enter the sewers. I can't guess what will happen after this, but you could try it.

Have you accepted to help the prostitute (I forgot her name) in the swamps ? Not sure this is needed but it's the same quest. So if you refused, you didn't really have a reason to let the werewolf live. After all, witchers kill monsters.

I tink you needed Carmen's quest as well,look for another sewer entrance as well. I found one on another building across the street. It may have been a glitch, but it was there.

Yeah there is a sewer entrance across the street, but I can't get to it. Maybe i'll try loading an older savegame, talk to carmen, and try again

Oh, you said that there is no "sewers entrance" and i thought you can't pass it because Vincent is chasing you. Sorry.

There is another sewer entrance but, it's in the basement of an old house. Use your quest map to show the location. I think it may have been the old forge. :hmmm: It's actually the werewolf hideout though.

Screenshot of map. As you can see i'm stuck in a bit behind Triss' house, and the only exit is the old forge, which is lockedI also checked on the dead Vincent, but no key.Also, i've loaded an older save game, but can't find Carmen. I've checked at the Eager Thighs Brothel, and not there. No idea where else she would be

mejobloggs said:
Also, i've loaded an older save game, but can't find Carmen. I've checked at the Eager Thighs Brothel, and not there. No idea where else she would be
Try the swamp landing. Narratively, that's where she's gone to investigate something, and Geralt catches up with her there. So if you haven't gotten the Beauty and the Beast quest, that's where she should be. I'm not sure, off the top of my head, why the Old Forge would be locked. It's been a couple of months since I played through that bit. If I'm not mistaken, that's where I went to get back to the sewers and it was unlocked. I might have to have a bit of a think on that one :)

The whole point of being there was to wipe out one of the Salamandra bases and to have the werewolf encounter--after which it should of been unlocked. Maybe not having done the Beauty and Beast quest somehow messed that up. Do go back to earlier save and look for carmen at the swamp landing.

Ok, went back and got the 'Beauty and the Beast' quest, and this time the door was unlocked. Fairly large bug there, but all is now wellThanks for the help everyone :)

I reach the Salamander hideout in the closed part of the city but depite drinking two portions of the Swallow potion, I keep getting killed before I can kill the Mage and the salamanders. can anyone please help me?

Wurth said:
Have you accepted to help the prostitute (I forgot her name) in the swamps ? Not sure this is needed but it's the same quest. So if you refused, you didn't really have a reason to let the werewolf live. After all, witchers kill monsters.
You do NOT need to help Carmen in the swamps to let Vincent live. My first playthrough went without even meeting Carmen in the swamps at all, and I still was able to let Vincent live. He turned up later in werewolf form in the inn to aid against an ambush of Salamanders.
Wurth said:
I reach the Salamander hideout in the closed part of the city but depite drinking two portions of the Swallow potion, I keep getting killed before I can kill the Mage and the salamanders. can anyone please help me?
Have an earlier save point? Try having a full moon potion drunk before-hand or perhaps try a blizzard potion. Even Shrike may give you an edge...And "two portions of Swallow potion"? Drinking two won't stack effects, it just wastes time.

[
GMan said:
Have an earlier save point? Try having a full moon potion drunk before-hand or perhaps try a blizzard potion. Even Shrike may give you an edge...And "two portions of Swallow potion"? Drinking two won't stack effects, it just wastes time.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the help. Blizzard did the trick

glad you made it past that point -- now for general tips -- remember to use obstacles in your favourin that Salamandra hideout, all the bad guys had to come around the corner of that wardrobe to get to you, if you had been closer to it, you could have basically dispatched them one by one as they came through -- for the ifrits, get them /after/ ;) -- they really don't hurt you that much at all :peace:there are many places where Geralt can retreat to a staircase in order to fight a larger group of assailants or monsters -- use that! it's very very handy :)

gamewidow said:
glad you made it past that point -- now for general tips -- remember to use obstacles in your favourin that Salamandra hideout, all the bad guys had to come around the corner of that wardrobe to get to you, if you had been closer to it, you could have basically dispatched them one by one as they came through -- for the ifrits, get them /after/ ;) -- they really don't hurt you that much at all :peace:there are many places where Geralt can retreat to a staircase in order to fight a larger group of assailants or monsters -- use that! it's very very handy :)
Thanks for the tips

HeloI am now on chapter III and the quest name is "Lock and Key" from merchant Leuvaarden.. He says i have to get solid proof from the salamandra camps... i have found 1 in the swamp and i have got a piece of paper or key i forgot, but there is another 1 but i don't know where, perhaps in the temple quarter? I have also found 1 in the sewers.. the salamandra hideout but there are no papers there.. just jethro and his guards telling me to get more information wich i also don't understand.. so i am stuck and i have no clue where to go, i need help so can any1 plz help me?? Much thanks in advanceTugrul.

Top Bottom