[ACT III] Question: Is it worth it to loot all the houses in Trade Quarter?

+
[ACT III] Question: Is it worth it to loot all the houses in Trade Quarter?

I'm at the end of act 3, after being warned by Triss about the end of the act, I was cleaning up all loose ends.I already got the $5000 exceptional armor in act 2, 3 red meteorite silver sword and Harvall. I'm pretty stocked up in ingredients, potions and oils, and have read all the books I can find or buy. I have over $7000 in cash.But I have only looted the Temple Quarter clean in act 3...most of the unnamed houses in Trade Quarter are still untouched, I've only visited those involved in quests (for example, the lute quest).Is there a real need to clean them all? i.e. Do I need more money, or are there plenty of side quests waiting for me to bump into?No spoilers please, just a yes or no will do. Thanks! :)

No spoilers? I was on the verge of revealing lots of interesting things in this case :teeth:Actually you don't need to loot those houses which are accessable and have no relations to quests. You will find lots of needful things for alchemy bases, food, books and more. If you are short of money and can't afford books it's useful to check houses for these books. There are lists where you can find theses treasures. But these are spoiler lists. If you got already the 5000 Orens armor and still have 7000 Orens left I think you don't go broke. You will earn enough Orens with quest rewards and dice poker.If you are curious there is no harm in visiting all houses ;)

There's not much fun in exploring random houses, since they all look pretty much the same and contain very basic loot: a couple of orens, torches, food, some alcohol and an odd book. Since you're quite well off in the financial department, there's no need to look in other people's drawer for loose change. ;) There are no sidequests to be found in those houses, as far as I'm concerned. The "named" houses might be of more interest, though. Try the local smithy; there's an alchemist there who has two minor sidequests to give.

i'd say that is truly an individual take on looting :)the game was built to allow looting and many expensive items can simply be "found" rather than purchased ... i'd say it's well worth your while to check every single house you can (now that is *my* personal take! ;D ) -- especially if you find gathering the initial 5000 orens for your excellent leather jacket to be a difficult task :peace:

Planewalker said:
There's not much fun in exploring random houses, since they all look pretty much the same and contain very basic loot: a couple of orens, torches, food, some alcohol and an odd book. Since you're quite well off in the financial department, there's no need to look in other people's drawer for loose change. ;) There are no sidequests to be found in those houses, as far as I'm concerned. The "named" houses might be of more interest, though. Try the local smithy; there's an alchemist there who has two minor sidequests to give.
I've visited the workshop...
and have obtained the bomb formulas by explaining things I don't actually understand. :hmmm:
There's a house named herbalist, but I've never met anyone inside. Hmmm, I guess I'll have to at least visit them all to be safe... on next game I'll know if that's necessary. Triss will have to wait...@ Game Widow:I left act 1 with over 3000 orens, due to all the mid-night jogging I did on purpose. :beer: I stopped playing in the act 2 when I first heard about Enhanced Edition, so I know I needed the money in act 2.

I wouldnt bother. At this point you have enough money and not much to buy for it. the workshop is worth a trip though. if you talk to the guy about alchemy you get a couple of good books (well it is mainly bombs, which i do not use much).

Yeah, I ended the game with 32,000 orens and there was nothing of interest left for me to buy(I never bought the upgraded armor anyways).So, if you're just looting for the cash, I wouldnt bother. This will actually cut alot of time off my neutral playthrough.

For a roleplaying slant, I bought every potion/oil/bomb scroll and didn't sell the ones I was given. I only had 4000 orens or so at the end of the game and was so poor in Act 4 I couldn't afford to upgrade my sword :D

gamewidow said:
i'd say that is truly an individual take on looting :)the game was built to allow looting and many expensive items can simply be "found" rather than purchased ... i'd say it's well worth your while to check every single house you can (now that is *my* personal take! ;D ) -- especially if you find gathering the initial 5000 orens for your excellent leather jacket to be a difficult task :peace:
I'm with Planewalker on this one. My Geralt is usually pretty poor in Acts I and II, so he loots everything. By the beginning of Act III he usually has almost enough to buy the nice jacket; going to the tower and getting the 1000 orens for opening it puts him over the top for that one. Once he's bought that, he doesn't need money for much, so I don't usually have him do much, if any, looting in Act III. I find entering and searching houses, just to pick up a strawberry and a mug of beer, to be tedious in the extreme, and I'm thrilled that CDPR made a game where you don't have to loot if you don't want to. But there's enough there that those of you who love to loot will have a little bit of stuff to get; there's room for everybody in this game. ;)

Top Bottom