[ACT III] The Kikimore queen and her cave

+
Let me start this by saying I am in the easy mode. (First time playing this game and didn't know what to expect.) Anyways, after finding out what had to be done to kill this monster and reading other posts , I got myself all ready, took a couple of deep breaths, told everyone to leave me alone and prepared to do battle! The whole thing was over in less than 3 minutes. OK, the ceiling fell on me a few times until I realized I had to move farther in. ::) It was anti-climatic to say the least. I'm reminding you this was in the easy mode so maybe I had an easier time with this. :-\I've played a few RPG games (Diablo, Dungeon Siege) and this is just the greatest game ever! I'm looking forward to finishing in "easy" and moving on to "medium" and choosing different from this time.

Hey, I am having this peculiar problem in Act III. After I fall down in the caves along with Professor, beasts attack me. After bringing the cave down (literally), and collecting items from the dead monster,passage is cleared. But even after killing more monsters I cant exit the cave i.e. enter the now cleared passageway. Is it a bug or am I missing something?

it's possible you are going the wrong way ... you should be heading away from the dead queen (after ransacking her remains), are you ?

Are you doing what this post says?http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=3792.msg195731#msg195731

After reading through all the problems people have had with the Queen, I was not looking forward to this encounter. I prepared to run the gauntlet and gave it a shot. The first time, I got hung up in a group of Kikimores and couldn't jump my way out. Naturally, I died quickly. That was my test run.The second time, I started jumping almost immediately, got past the first group and Aarded the supports. Fine so far. The Queen is breathing down my neck, so I scoot past the second supports, Aard them and take off again. The Old Lady is after me again, time to beat-feet. I make it to the last chamber, turn and see the Old Girl is under the last supports. I let loose a final Aard and everything comes down on her--Squash. The notice comes up that I should search the remains for what the Professor was carrying. I think, "That's it? I made it? I'm alive?" I loot the remains, loot the chest for some swag and emerge on the Dike. It was kind of a let-down after all the hype, really.

lol ... it isn't that bad when you know what to do before hand. Most of these people had not read this thread prior to their encounters ... that makes a rather big difference, but glad you made it.if you feel let down, stop reading spoilers :D ... the battles will be much more fresh and difficult :peace:

Or... make an other attempt just to check if your success was pure luck or skill ;D Lambert would tell you the same... as he did when he trained young Ciri and she succeeded with a difficult exercise. His response was: "I want to see it again just to be sure, your learned and it wasn't just luck."

gamewidow said:
...if you feel let down, stop reading spoilers :D ... the battles will be much more fresh and difficult :peace:
Agreed.I only started searching the Wiki and Forum until I'd completed it for the first time. It took me about 5 goes to pass the Queen:One trying to go head-to-head :dead:, and three cave-ins on Geralt's head :eek:, until I bit the bullet and did a "Kessel Run" to the main kikimore-infested chamber. Run. Jump. Jump. Aard. Run. Fini :beer:. Mind you, this encounter gave me a huge rush of adrenalin, combined with a violent temper tantrum when I kept fouling up the cave-ins! Had to have a little break before continuing to play.Its just a pity that some people give up so easily and go straight to the cheat sheets. Or read the spoilers before playing that section of the game.

I have brought down all three supports and then I run to the end of the big cavern where it is blocked off but the queen still comes after me and even if I Aard her, she still kills me. What on earth am I doing wrong?

Aard directly on the Queen has no effect :( You should manage to kill her when you bring down the pillars and the roof buries her. it's quite a long time since I played that part but I think when you leave the greater hall left into the tunnel there is an other pillar which is Aard-able. This should squish the queen ;)

I'm having trouble with this quest, i ran in the dropping the supports on my head. The geting torn a new one by the queen. However the problem i have is now i get to the final area and no matter how far into the exit tunnel i am once the quest updates i die. Does anyone know how to prevent this?Update: I've just run it again and this time i stood near the torch and didn't die. odd

Farnham said:
I'm having trouble with this quest, i ran in the dropping the supports on my head. The geting torn a new one by the queen. However the problem i have is now i get to the final area and no matter how far into the exit tunnel i am once the quest updates i die. Does anyone know how to prevent this?Update: I've just run it again and this time i stood near the torch and didn't die. odd
Well I never ran into the torch part but one Trick you can do is this Take Blizzard Potion and that will give you some time the real trick is you have to be on the other side of the post to knock them down that way they don't fall on you.Also don't bother to much in fight the the kikimore soldiers try to avoid them as much as you can Hope that helps

you dont fight anything just keep running and aarding the pillars and when you aard the one after the massive room hes dead. i dont think you even need to wait for him or anything, pretty easy really.

I worked that part out the problm was that for some reason when i got to the final area and stood in the tunnel that leads to the exit i always died when i caved the room in. This happend no matter far i was in. On the final attempt i ran all the way through and only attacked the critters that followed me into the exit tunnel, saved the game when combat ended and then used aard on the supports and the critters despawned laving the queen to wander near to me and be crushed. I'm guessing i had somehow picked up a clipping issue. Either the last attempt didn't get the clipping issue or the save fixed it. All done know, had me pulling my hair out though ;D

@ Farnham trust me your not the first to have trouble there lol my first time around took me a few triesThe veary first time I thought you had to fight the kikimore Queen took me 3 tries to learn to run like hell :D

:eek: Wow, that is one tough bug, I doubt Orkin could tackle that. I have just went 3 rounds (without visiting here) and died without raising so much as a blade to that beast!! :dead: :dead: :dead:I understand the only thing that will kill this cockroach is to drop the ceiling in on her. You don't say. :eek:After the Professor is toast, and the queen throws his body back at me, she buries herself and I can get to the other side of the large chamber. What has been happening is that I am AArd'ing the supports, sealing us in, the workers (thank God they are not warriors) cannot get in. I run for the clef in the chamber and wait for the bitch to get close. Strange, I have found that I can flame her, and it does some damage, but then she backs off, out of range (until I have the bad taste to try to battle her with the trusty sliver (insectoid oil enhanced) :-[ :-[ ONE SHOT LATER! :dead: :dead: :dead:I will try to rush past the boys in the coriddor, then I will try dopping the cielingGreat Game! This is my first time I have posted. I tend to stay away, don't want to ruin it for myself. I have a lot more fun if I just go for it and let come what may :eek:

:mad:Ok, talk about tedious...i have killed all the workers and almost all the warriors and i just keep saving after ive nailed as many as possible...i then pick up all the remains-ive got a serious stockpile of by products now! I figure if i can get one of the last two warriors off me then i have more of a chance to trap the Queen for good by Aarding the tunnels support posts (they look like wooden logs holding up rock. Id love it if it were just 3 tries, i have been at this for two nites now and im getting quite tired of getting killed. (ive lost count now but id say a dozen). I also prepped the silver sword w/insect oil and used Strong style and killing both workers and warriros was no problem. What im running in to is the warriors left (2) are trying to surround me and attack and the min i go in to defense, the Queen breaks free from the first rocky rubble i got her caught in - the other two support areas are still up...from what everyone is saying it looks like i need to Aard them all so she cannot get through. However, depending on where i move from the exit of this tunnel where the corpse is located w/all the nice loot and the rune she sometimes comes from around the tunnel and into the cave and grabs me from behind or she comes from inside the support beamed tunnel which is the only area i know so far (i havent gotten very far from there) to bring the supports down on her. I was lucky enough to catch her on the last support once but then it fell on me too since the 2 warriors were trapping and snapping at me as i was trying to turn away and Aard at the last set of supports. Is there another area where i can bring down something to kill her beyond this area where her blue eggs and the short tunnel is that leads out in to an open cave area...i even tried running from the 2 warriors and the Queen only to get trapped in a little blocked off area ain cave and killed. I have the exit marked on my map, maybe i need to hang a sharper right out of this tunnel and see what else is in here....i have run straight but bearing slightly right towards lighted area in cave beyond this tunnel and get stuck in a dead end, killed. Well-ill try again tomorrow, i know its just a matter f time but as i said...tedious. Want to move ahead in to Act 4. Thanks for letting me vent - im glad im nt the only one going bonkers here...I have loaded up on Kiss, Tawny Owl and potion tp reduce acids so i think i will be over the top if i try to add Blizzard to the mix . :whatthe:

Watched that Youtube link. Looks easy but this isnt my experience. Once professor is gored by his own sword after the fall....the Queen takes a chomp and he shrieks-dead. She then burrows in to caves grd and narration ends and Geralt can chse where to go, I direct him straight ahead towards a sm tunnel dotted w/blue eggs...back to a narrated clip and you see him standing before the tunnel so obviously thats where they wanted you to go...the Queen appears again now and pounds her big foot on grd, I head in to sm tunnel and she follows, i Aard the first set of supports as she enters-it falls on her snaring her in to this area and gving me time to battle all the workers and most of the warriors, i discover a corpse in this tunnel w/lots f coin and a Moon Rune! I continue battling the warriors. When i step out of this tunnel (Queen still ensared) sequence gets triggerd for last 2 warriors to come at me, Queen becomes loose and the 3 of them try to circle me or come at me and Queen takes a swipe...Im runnin' all over the place but the end is always the same-im dead. Im going to try Aarding all the supports in this tunnel...she will just come around the back so i know ill still meet up w/her as im running and of course the 2 warriors left will be trying to beat the hell outta Geralt. Im going to swing sharper this time and head right towards this ther area i he exists and have a nothr try at collapsing beams on her while nt under anything and hope this does it. That Youtube line desnt really do it justice and should start frm where the animatin begins w/both f them falling and id lik to se what direction he runs in once he's free to do so.

Max's video is how you are supposed to get rid of the Kiki queen and her ugly offspring. It's just a matter of your own dexterity and timing. Keep on trying and don't despair... ;) I haven't managed yet to finish this part under 30 minutes :whistle: It's the only part of the game which raises my adrenaline level.

Top Bottom