[ACT III] The Unforgiven

+
[ACT III] The Unforgiven

Hi!I did all the other main quests and now I'm stuck at this. I got Siegfried to support me (can't find Yaewinn nor in the swamps nor at Vivaldi - didn't help him at bank so maybe that's why) and I went to the Narakort inn. I get to fight with Vincent helping me and I go upstairs ...I get into the conversation and when it ends with Triss teleporting me and Sigfried I get stuck totaly. The whole area is real dark, I use the cat potion but it only lights me up, not to mention I can't move, can't use any of the signs, can only draw my weapons and use inventory and such. There's no map for the location I'm at (maybe it's the quest but I'm not so sure). Basically I can't do thing about it and it's making me angry. Searched everywhere on google if someone else had the same thing happening to him but it seems I'm the only one. It's like the Salamandra base doesn't exist for me :OAlso the only thing I can see beside me (especially when I drink the cat potion else even I am almost dark) is some small red-orange-yellow kind of color as if there was a fire or something like that far far away. After putting brightness to max and moving my mouse to see better it bended into a ladder looking thing (I once actually could see the minimap for a little time and it seemed as if i'm trapped below the city gate for some reason in middle of dark nowhere) :|I even backed up my saves and installed the game again with patching only to 1.1 (I play 1.3) as some people suggested to others who had bugs but I ended up with same problem.Any ideas? :|

??? ??? Hmmmm..... that's WELL weird. All I can think of is that it's some sort of bug that has somehow caused you and Seigfried to 'fall through' the level map, so that you're in some kind of inaccessible no-man's land. Does it happen with every game you play (i.e. have you tried loading up an earlier savegame and getting to the same point, only to find the same thing happens?) If so, then I'd say the original game installation was corrupted somehow and that all the savegames you kept before re-installing could also be affected. You'd probably have to start again from scratch, in that case (sorry :( ) Sorry I couldn't be more help than that

This dose sound like a bug Im sorry to say what you can do is Email Mobidoy The_Witcher_Unofficial_Support@live.caHe is the mainTec Mod and he mite have some idea around it.

HiI can't seem to go past this quest. Here is the deal. Before giving the letter to yaeven from vivaldi, i ran into siegfried and went through with the force recon. The worth its weight in gold quest failed due to that. I proceeded with the game. Now leuvarden in act 3 asks me to gather allies. either seigfried or yaeven. seigfried is no where to be found. no in the swamps, not in the guard post and not even in from of the order tower where a bunch of people are practice on dummies. He was there before when i got the six feet under quest from him. But he has disappeared :sWhen i go to yaeven and make him an offer, he tells me to do what he previously asked. Which as far i remember was the letter quest to vivaldi. I completed that but didn't give him the return letter due to the fact stated above. My journal entry for unforgiven is updated to - i should do something important for yaeven so that he trusts me- something like that. I have no idea what to do at this point. I have been to the elven ruins but there is an alp there and nothing else. -Also gold rush doesn't activate. I finished six feet under in the start of act 3. then i did the posh reception.(didn't do that yaeven quest of ruins) No kid as stated by many came. I just don't know what to do from here ...please help out if anyone knows what's going on.

Sounds like you bugged your game or so, though try going to the chapel at night or going to the Trade Quarter Marketplace and see if you can find Velerad somewhere.If not, load an ACT II save and go from there.

Seems you screwed up your quests I don't know what important thing you have to do for Yaevinn, at any rate it's not the letter from Vivaldi from the "Worth its weight in gold" quest in Act 2. This one should be finished, resp. is failed. If your quest log tells you to get allies you have triggered already the final part of this chapter. Acutally you can't finish any side quests anymore. What makes me wonder is the note about the important thing for Yaevinn. It could be the Echoes of yesterday quest. You won't get Gold rush unless you finished Echoes of yesterday or Six feet under (and Posh reception, Lock and key).Siegfried's whereabouts? In this case I haven't the sligthest idea. He should be at the cloister or training center. If you finished his quest, he is actually your guy for ally.btwYou find Yaevinn often at Vivaldi's house in the templewquarter-

Thanks mate. I got it. seigfried wasn't at his place even during the night but there was a ruckus in the market place due to the bank robbery ... the quest followed itself from there on.

So I need to find allies to progress, I can choose either Siegfried or Yaevinn.I want to choose to side with Yaievinn and the Elf's but the quest tracker is completly gone, Siegfreid is back at his default location, I travalled back through the swamp to the Druids Grove, he isn't there, I can't find him nor can I track him. I checked the charecters profiles and Glossery but can yeild any-way of progressing. ???

Thank you.I wish they put a quest tracker for this, I get confused with some quests were progression stops untill I progress at another quest.

Maybe the questlog wants us to turn on our grey matter :hmmm: Once I was looking for a person who was posioned in the swamp and Geralt was in the temple quarter. The quest tracker marked the exit to the dike. I was looking for the person there in vain until it began to dawn on me that the tracker wanted me to take the ferry into the swamp Arrived in the swamp the quest tracker pointed to the exact place of the aimed person.But sometimes when Geralt is on a map where the aimed person isn't to find I get no hint from the quest tracker.

I really need some help im stuck at the narakort inn have picked siegfried as my ally went to the inn and was attacked, vincent as werewolf form came to help i let him live then went upstairs and tried to talk to leuvaarden and siegried and triss and nothing wont let me progress with the game can anybody help im really frustrated cause i dont know what to do :wall: :mad: :wall: :wall: :dead:

possibly there is still someone you need to kill downstairs .. that can often keep a quest phase from being triggered. Try checking there first :witchmas:

Downstairs where, I've almost no hair left from pulling it all out trying to figure it out!! :wall:

Okay, so i just teleported from New Karakort to the Salamandra base in the quest "the unforgiven". Im all alone, and im behind some kind of roots. I can see the salamandra behind those roots but i cant go through them. Tried to use various spell to get out, but had no luck so far.Can anybody tell me what to do? plz?

It should give in after Aard...Maybe try getting closer? Or load some save before teleporting and try again? - may be kinda bug :hmmm:

hello there i have been playing for a few weeks off and on (very off with work and christmas!) so i got back into the game, found i was working hard in act 3. i chose to go with the scoa'tael, But first i went and spoke with Yaevinn while i was working the reaping time, so NOW i cant find him that i after i have done echos of yesterday (kill the vamp) and finished gold rush... so now i have infiltrated the salamander base in "lock and key" and am ready to move on the unforgiven..... but i cant find Yaevinn.. i have scoured (spelling) the swamp, the elven hide-out in the sewers, spoke to triss (met the king after that thanks to the scrying stone) talked to the chubby merchant master lauvaarden a few times in the inn 2nd story and cant get any clue's..chatted the wearwolf is (picked the flowers to convert him but have not given them back to his hooker wifeany help please?? i guess i have not checked out the dwarven house and area in tremple district but thats really all i have not searched.any clues would be great, thank you ???

Yaevinn is living with Vivaldi at the moment.During the bank robbery, he told you that he'd be there, but if you can only play every once in awhile, it's an easy detail to lose track of.

Top Bottom