[act iii] ways to get fast n' easy gold?

+
Well I think there has to be some sort of reward for your efforts and achievments otherwise it would be an adventure game (which isn't bad but not a RPG) ;)Yes I know, Diablo isn't a true RPG but my focus was the endless activities of grinding which is actually not demading that in the end bots are replaced to develope the char.

dcsJon said:
Axii and Yrden are unused after 2 full game runs; maybe they are good, I didn't see them in action -> was never motivated to; the same goes for bombs....the Koschey was resistant and proved to be the most difficult late battle(I think it took 20+ shots)
I pretty much poisoned it to death with one Yrden.

PetraSilie said:
Well I think there has to be some sort of reward for your efforts and achievements otherwise it would be an adventure game (which isn't bad but not a RPG) ;)Yes I know, Diablo isn't a true RPG but my focus was the endless activities of grinding which is actually not demanding that in the end bots are replaced to develop the char.
Adventure game is the game where you solve only one quest by solving many puzzles or arcade sequences towards its end. It's not the same as RPG. Tomb Raider series is an example of adventure game. Now imagine you remove the leveling in the Witcher giving some fair amount of abilities right away and leaving only the few quest rewarded upgrades to your character as it is now... it will be still an RPG ;) (yes, I'm aware that it would loose some of the players who cannot live without stocking XP, and being pragmatical I'm not suggesting to do it)I have nothing against Diablo game, it was very fun to play. It's just not an RPG. :) The RPG that has the visual appearance of Diablo is Divine Divinity. ;)

when it comes to making and saving money there are a few very important tips I would liek to suggest!1. Get the moster lore bronze tallent. It will give you all the required journal entries in the first chapter (And some for the second chapter) to complete all of the contracts without having to spend a dime on books. This one will be a huge money saver in the first part of the game.2. Hoard every single weapon drop you can after a fight and make loot runs to either a fence like thaler and the guy from act 1 who lives up the river whoes name I cant remember. Or to the blacksmiths and sell it all off.3. Learn wich alchemy ingreedients are essential and which can be sold. Sell everything you dont absolutely need. This one is entirely dependant on your play-style4. When fist-fighting any of the standard NPCs (the non quest related ones) you can double the offered bet (any more than double and they will refuse)......always do so!5. Gamble with everyone you can find and ALWAYS max your bet.....when the NPC your gambling with runs out of money, rest/meditate, and then come back for more. The gambling quest NPCs will typicaly offer much higher betting stakes than standard NPCs. I would also sugest saving your game before challenging any gambling opponent, in case you lose. That way you can just reload and try again.6. Dont waist your time upgrading the steel sword in act 2, there is a much beter sword on a corpse in the swamp. And your money is beter served by buying the 5,000g armor upgrade.7. In act 1, ghost dog heads sell for 5g each (can sell stacks of 10) at the witches hut. These can be farmed endlessly. (Can anyone say infinate money soarce). 8. And lastly, try to talk to everyone at least once.....even some of the blue named NPCs will offer up some valueble information if propositioned in the right manner.The only really costly investments are the 5,000g armor upgrade in act 3 or later and weapons upgrades from the blacksmiths. Everything else in the game you can either find or make yourself without having to spend much money. even most books wich offer monster or plant entries in your journal can be found in the game without having to buy them if you look hard enough. So try looking everywhere you can before you spend money on a book.

And who cares about the money in this game? :eek: My tip should be to forget about money and enjoy the game.

cblodgett said:
when it comes to making and saving money there are a few very important tips I would liek to suggest!
cblodgett said:
And who cares about the money in this game? :eek: My tip should be to forget about money and enjoy the game.
The only part where you could feel a shortage of money is chapter1/ beginning act 2. For the rest, "forget about money and enjoy the game". I don't undestand why the producers let you hoard money if you don't use it. Maybe they intend to show you with the expansion, that it's important to start with a large sum. Anyway, you only need money for books which largely run out at the start of the game and whenever you need you can gamble, worry not about anything else (AI makes what are essentially random moves -> hope that changes soon).
cblodgett said:
1. Get the moster lore bronze tallent. It will give you all the required journal entries in the first chapter (And some for the second chapter) to complete all of the contracts without having to spend a dime on books. This one will be a huge money saver in the first part of the game.
Bad way to waste a talent long term, even if you have too many at the end, it could bother you in chapter 1 (I'm joking, it's easy). In any case, that skill doesn't do what it's supposed to (only a few weak monsters and not in their entirety), you still need to buy books.
2. Hoard every single weapon drop you can after a fight and make loot runs to either a fence like thaler and the guy from act 1 who lives up the river whoes name I cant remember. Or to the blacksmiths and sell it all off.
That is exactly what you should avoid doing.
3. Learn wich alchemy ingreedients are essential and which can be sold. Sell everything you dont absolutely need. This one is entirely dependant on your play-style.
Alchemy ingredients are too cheap to sell for the most part.
4. When fist-fighting any of the standard NPCs (the non quest related ones) you can double the offered bet (any more than double and they will refuse)......always do so!
I hope with the enhanced edition once you beat a few in your class they are afraid and you can only earn more at the next fight level.
5. Gamble with everyone you can find and ALWAYS max your bet.....when the NPC your gambling with runs out of money, rest/meditate, and then come back for more. The gambling quest NPCs will typicaly offer much higher betting stakes than standard NPCs. I would also sugest saving your game before challenging any gambling opponent, in case you lose. That way you can just reload and try again.
Never waste in-game time like that (resting to gamble), never load because you can get rematches at higher stakes! I hope gambling changes with the next patch and those who load would simply cheat.
6. Dont waist your time upgrading the steel sword in act 2, there is a much beter sword on a corpse in the swamp. And your money is beter served by buying the 5,000g armor upgrade.
It's true you shouldn't spend 1000 on the sword because there is Harvall (if you find it). I think the armor is too expensive but soon you have nothing to do with money.
7. In act 1, ghost dog heads sell for 5g each (can sell stacks of 10) at the witches hut. These can be farmed endlessly. (Can anyone say infinate money soarce).
I did that too, just don't try to hoard money this way.
8. And lastly, try to talk to everyone at least once.....even some of the blue named NPCs will offer up some valueble information if propositioned in the right manner.
There are rewards other than money.
even most books wich offer monster or plant entries in your journal can be found in the game without having to buy them if you look hard enough. So try looking everywhere you can before you spend money on a book.
I'd rather spend on the books so that I can harvest early and do the quests. Also, not all books are available from looting, no desire to fool around and get past the next boss fight for a book. Just don't buy the one on Ifrits! You don't need it and get it eventually.

Honestly, I can't fathom HOW in the hell a person can sock away enough money to buy the armor in the FIRST place!! Developer blooper there, big time. How about 2,500 ??? 3,000??? :-\

I had no problem buying it - just gamble your butt off for a bit. You can earn a ton of cash gambling.

fiznerpin said:
Honestly, I can't fathom HOW in the hell a person can sock away enough money to buy the armor in the FIRST place!! Developer blooper there, big time. How about 2,500 ??? 3,000??? :-\
I didn't feel need in an armor even playing on hard. Potions keep you alive much better than armor. ;) Also, if you don't buy out books you find it very easy to collect 5000.

Good tips, cblodgett. I'm sure this thread will be helpful to a lot of players.As to fist fighting, the fighters who start at 20 orens will accept a 50 oren bet, but I think that is the only exception to the "double it" rule.

dcsJon said:
-Axii unused after 2 full game runs; maybe they are good, I didn't see them in action -> was never motivated to
I like having those naked vampire chicks following me around attacking my enemies, even if they never seem to do much damage.It's worth hexxing the odd enemy just to make it interesting and observe them fighting each other.Two naked vampires trying to kill each other is pretty funny.

Sell all ingredients that are worth 40-50 gold coins a piece. Keep the ones that are worth 2 gold coins. That way, you have over 3000 gold coins at the end of the first chapter, (to be sure, take an extra skull hunting night, and sell the skulls to Abigail, I roughly end up selling her 50-70 skulls each time I play the chapter), all this result in that you can get the new armour and the red metorite sword at the beginning of chapter 2. Sure you can upgrade your sword earlier depending on your choice in the epilogue. Nonetheless, for the rest of the chapters, well, if you continue to sell the expensive ingredients, then you are all good, you will end the game with a fat purse, 25.000-30.000 at the end of the game, even though you stash up on alcohol. ;) And remember while mixing poitions, it doesn't matter if the ingredients are cheap or expensive, they carry the same effects.

Ginaz (hope right spelling) acid from Drowners gives you 15-20 Orens. And don't forget to visit Kalkstein at the begining of Act 2 in his new home, the mysterious tower to collect the reward of 1000 Orens for the Mysterious Tower quest from Act 1 ;)

PetraSilie said:
Ginaz (hope right spelling) acid from Drowners gives you 15-20 Orens. And don't forget to visit Kalkstein at the begining of Act 2 in his new home, the mysterious tower to collect the reward of 1000 Orens for the Mysterious Tower quest from Act 1 ;)
It's act 3 and 2, but anyway you don't need money for much, mostly books. I know you have to pay Leuvardeen 500 on the main quest in act 2 and that's about all the money you need to finish the game (?), then the game is so easy you could make it without spending a coin. It also gives you free items as you progress which are some of the best. I bet you can make it without books.

I just simply settle in and start gambling. In chapter 2, I simply go between Carmen and Munro. I turn some nice music on from WinAmp, and listen to something good, and play the game in the background. I max bet everything. If I lose, which isn't often because of the poor A.I., I just reload. 2-3 hours of good music, some snacks, and gambling between Carmen and Munro nets me around 10,000. I can buy the armor, and plenty of book. Money is not an issue after that. Time well spent. If you go between Carmen and Munro, you don't have to meditate.

To put an end to these worries, I remind you that you can play indefinitely for over 110 orens a game with Thaler (the one from the game ;)).What I did was to play all the key players at least once and visit them again between quests - that way you do nothing lame like waiting for games. I got more than enough money and finished the game with over 20 thousand without explicitly trying to make money. I never load game for gambling: if I lose, which is rare, I simply get a rematch, where the stakes are higher, enabling me to go above the loss. I can't remember the last time I lost a rematch.Hopefully, this way of putting money problems out of the game and making monetary rewards meaningless will be resolved with adequate gambling AI.By the way, did I mention that gambling is fun and I like the music/ feeling? :D Don't try this in real life, I never intend to. ;D

Not really a tip but.... for those who dont wanna grind for money and keep the game interesting and at a good pace. Witcher 1.2 trainer. press numpad 8 for an easy 10K. ... yes i cheated :) . some poeple dont have time to grind. only enough time to play... no flames pleasse!!!

jton219 said:
Not really a tip but.... for those who dont wanna grind for money and keep the game interesting and at a good pace. Witcher 1.2 trainer. press numpad 8 for an easy 10K. ... yes i cheated :) . some poeple dont have time to grind. only enough time to play... no flames pleasse!!!
No flames, you're only playing against yourself so it's your choice how you play. As for me, I've always thought the economical aspect of the game was the easiest part.

I agree on that Thaler. I'm having no troubles at all with money - it dipped low once but not long later I was up over 2k again (still in Act II, nearing the end and from what I hear it gets easier from here on out in terms of cash).

Top Bottom