[act iii] ways to get fast n' easy gold?

+
Candi said:
I agree on that Thaler. I'm having no troubles at all with money - it dipped low once but not long later I was up over 2k again (still in Act II, nearing the end and from what I hear it gets easier from here on out in terms of cash).
Yes, it definitely gets easier. At some point (no spoilers) the best weapons and armor are free, so there's very little available on which to spend orens.

Agreed. Got my armor, read all the books, back to 1,000 orens, got a CRAPLOAD of potions built up, & just starting lakeside ;)

If you buy them, as you already feel the need for most of them, by the end of act2 you get to have almost all the knowledge of books. Don't buy the one on ifrits/ genies, it's a wasted 800.There you go, you don't need money anymore.

jton219 said:
Not really a tip but.... for those who dont wanna grind for money and keep the game interesting and at a good pace. Witcher 1.2 trainer. press numpad 8 for an easy 10K. ... yes i cheated :) . some poeple dont have time to grind. only enough time to play... no flames pleasse!!!
It's not an expenditure of time to gamble with NPC cos there are plenty of gamblers and it's a nice entertainment.

I am in act II. My gold was low but I don't care. Now it is a bit higher-2100 with gambling on the run and 1-2 quests completed. Gold is not so important I think. :)

There is only one difficulty regarding money: being so easy to get it, you might think: let's be richer than Leuvardeen or the king - then you probably have to gamble for hundreds of thousands.. Conclusion: it's a waste of time getting rich

MR said:
Best bomb in game costs 8,000 orens.
Tell me about it, I never got into boms. I tried King and Queen on the second game just to see a bomb work, didn't like it (is it K&Q that is supposed to cause fear?).

You can start the Outskirts with over 14000 Orens, by selling Calcium Equum to Abigale. Just load up in the Prelude, when you go to get ingredients for the potion for Triss. The chest has an endless supply of Calcium in it. All you have to do is go to loot it, then cancel, then go to loot it, then cancel, etc. Each time, one more Calcium is added to the chest. You can carry thousands.

what do u you mean cancel?? like.. save and reload?? or go to loot screen and dont transfer.

Yes, Candi, that's what I meant.Click on the chest to loot it, then hit the 'esc' button, and repeat.Click, tap, click, tap, cha-ching, cha-ching.

I don't quite understand how you guys are making so much money gambling. When I play with Carmen, she usually rolls stuff that's at least as good as what I roll, often better.

PetraSilie said:
Try Thaler, he's nice guy and is willing to lose from time to time ;)
*grin* It's nice to know that he's relatively kind for the future, but he won't play with novices.

I just finished the game in hard, and I think the fire spell is way too powerful. I had it upgraded to max sign intensity (int/fire/stamina) and I did not even need to bother with sword styles. It just destroyed everything, ordinary enimaries and bosses included.Way too powerful.

You should try it in conjunctiion with Dragon's Dream - the bomb. I am convinced it amplifies the Igni that ignites the gas at least 10 fold. I agree that Igni can be "over-powered", but so is everything else. I am in the middle of my 4th game and I am convinced Geralt can handily complete the game on HARD with the original weapons he is given, provided the proper oils are applied. I would like to see two more levels of difficulty in The Witcher, a Hero level, and a Legendary level, Hero being twice as difficuult as the current Hard and Legendary being TWICE that of hero..

Igni could probably use a bit of a nerf , yes.Or better give selected monsters and npcs more resistance.I think I've earned the right to nuke drowners in one shot by chapter3.

Top Bottom