[act iii] ways to get fast n' easy gold?

+
The only thing I would change about Igni and Drowners, hell, the only thing I would change about Drowners and anything, is I would set the going price for Drowner Brains to at least $5 a head, and maybe even $10 a head. :-\ I understand Dice Poker is supposed to be the major source of income, but I find it "unchallenging" and would prefer another means to make a living.

Trughbull said:
I understand Dice Poker is supposed to be the major source of income, but I find it "unchallenging" and would prefer another means to make a living.
Same for fist fighting, though one would have to grind at it to make much money. But none of the fights are any challenge.

theres a certain bit of armor I'm interested in, but it's way beyond geralt's price range. Anyone know any easy methods of obtaining lots of gold fast in the witcher act 3?

It's like the other chapters, really -- poker, fistfighting, and selling alchemical ingredients can earn you money, though fulfilling contracts probably earns the largest amounts at once. I'd say fistfighting is the most reliable way of earning money -- even without potions, Geralt never loses, and with a potion for backup, well, Geralt turns into a little money machine. I don't really like fistfighting, so I rarely do it, but it is a good source of cash if you're hard up.Other suggestions:http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=9786.0http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=2981.0

Problem with fistfighting is there's no serious cash involved. People won't fight me if I want to bet beyond say... 20 orens per fight. so fistfighting is thus not much coin for a considerable effort on my part.

wut2009 said:
Problem with fistfighting is there's no serious cash involved. People won't fight me if I want to bet beyond say... 20 orens per fight. so fistfighting is thus not much coin for a considerable effort on my part.
It's not an especially rich era, and Geralt mostly doesn't associate with especially rich people. If he wants money, he has to work for it, just like everybody else, unless he gets lucky at the poker table.There's also saving money, which you can find out about in considerable detail in the Witcher Wiki's Cheapskate's Guide. Many of the money-saving suggestions are time and/or labor intensive, but that's the trade-off: you can save time or save money but usually you can't save both. Most of these money-saving suggestions feel like work, rather than fun, to me, but if you're saving up for something, it could be worth it to you.And those two threads I pointed you towards have a number of suggestions.

Trughbull said:
You should try it in conjunctiion with Dragon's Dream - the bomb. I am convinced it amplifies the Igni that ignites the gas at least 10 fold. I agree that Igni can be "over-powered", but so is everything else. I am in the middle of my 4th game and I am convinced Geralt can handily complete the game on HARD with the original weapons he is given, provided the proper oils are applied. I would like to see two more levels of difficulty in The Witcher, a Hero level, and a Legendary level, Hero being twice as difficuult as the current Hard and Legendary being TWICE that of hero..
I don't want to start an off topic here but i agree with the difficult levels... But i would add the one thing "Bonus experience" In Hero level maybe the experienced gained could be doubled in everything so that the gamer could experience an higher evolution as a harder difficult in killing monsters. As for Legendary well we could only begin it when ending the Hero difficult and we could play as we left off in Hero (Same experience, same Signs, same knowledge, just not same weapons) and the monsters would be 4 times difficult than Hard level.As for winning money, well there are items that say in their description that we can sell them to merchants who would be gladly to buy them for a high price, but i don't seem to find any at the temple quarter... I have more that 30 barghest skulls and some 20 wolf pelts just lying in the inn and i can't find someone willing to buy them...

Kalkstein buys wolf pelts and barghest skulls. Zahin Schmartz takes one for his teeth collection as well. The alchemist on the marketplace in the trade destrict buys wolf pelts as well.
alonfire said:
alonfire said:
You should try it in conjunctiion with Dragon's Dream - the bomb. I am convinced it amplifies the Igni that ignites the gas at least 10 fold. I agree that Igni can be "over-powered", but so is everything else. I am in the middle of my 4th game and I am convinced Geralt can handily complete the game on HARD with the original weapons he is given, provided the proper oils are applied. I would like to see two more levels of difficulty in The Witcher, a Hero level, and a Legendary level, Hero being twice as difficuult as the current Hard and Legendary being TWICE that of hero..
I don't want to start an off topic here but i agree with the difficult levels... But i would add the one thing "Bonus experience" In Hero level maybe the experienced gained could be doubled in everything so that the gamer could experience an higher evolution as a harder difficult in killing monsters. As for Legendary well we could only begin it when ending the Hero difficult and we could play as we left off in Hero (Same experience, same Signs, same knowledge, just not same weapons) and the monsters would be 4 times difficult than Hard level.
Sounds exciting, did you suggest it heree, I think, it's the right place to get attention.

alonfire said:
I don't want to start an off topic here but i agree with the difficult levels... But i would add the one thing "Bonus experience" In Hero level maybe the experienced gained could be doubled in everything so that the gamer could experience an higher evolution as a harder difficult in killing monsters. As for Legendary well we could only begin it when ending the Hero difficult and we could play as we left off in Hero (Same experience, same Signs, same knowledge, just not same weapons) and the monsters would be 4 times difficult than Hard level.
If you want a harder game, then you need to know about Flash and his two mods! One is called Full Combat Rebalance mod, and the other used to called the Insane Difficulty Mod but has broadened to include so many things besides difficulty changes that it's now simply called Flash Mod.

Top Bottom