[Act V] 5 striga quest (spoilers)

+
PetraSilie said:
When I entered the crypt I hadn't decided to kill the Striga or take the curse from her. When I didn't attack her or defend Geralt was rewarded with heavy punches which knocked him down. When he ran away the whole procedere was just postponed. I thought of mediating at one fireplace until break of dawn and then occupy her tomb but didn't dare cos I didn't know if the Striga will slaughter him during meditation.So I decided to kill the Striga ;D Geralt took one shallow and wolf potion plus Cinfrid oil for the silver blade.
PetraSilie said:
Be sure you go there around midnight and you can't miss her. Rest at fire if needed to wait, there are some inside the crypt.Hi sarcophagus is one with alot of candles on it in a big room
Velerad let me into the crypt. It was about 10:30 pm. I checked all chambers and when I entered the Striga's chamber she was immediately there.
LOL, you hated her, because she was a bitch, Petra? ::) ;)Anyway... as the others said: if you just run around, like a chicken, everything will be fine, no need to "punch" her, use whatever potion, just run around the crypt, the striga is slow and dumb (woman eh... :D ) she won't reach you. It's actually a cheap solution, but it works... :p

Look, it's very simple:1. Enter the crypt. You are then locked in by Velerad.2. Look for a room that has a Sarcophagus that contains a book called Ostrits Journal.3. Once you find that room, go to the fireplace right outside and meditate until midnight. Then enter the room where you found the journal.4. Begin Cutscene.Now you have two options:A. Kill her. 1. Igni works wonders, use silver of course and strong style.B. Save her. 1. Aard is a must. Keep knocking her back. Steel and fast style to minimize damage if you attack, try to keep the sarcophagus between you at all times. 2. You are technically supposed to have to do this for 6 hours until morning, BUT....the game accelerates the time for you. C. A candle will go out every now and then, supposedly representing an hour each. Either last all 6 with her alive or kill her before all 6 go out.All of this must be done in the same room as the sarcophagus.

I went in the crypt just a dusk, and the striga wasn't around. So I searched the tome, found a few things, like the book etc.Then I went and stood near her sarcophogous thinking that she would come down the hall any second.The candles started up and I was ready for her any minute, but she never came. I waited about 1 hour game time for her and decided to walk out and find her. Well as I walked out I obviously hit the trigger in the doorway and it started the cutscene.All I did was use Quen and run around the sarcophagus, at the end she was getting a bit faster I think but no troubles at all, and it didn't take very long.

well, i didn't find the reward for killing Adda to be too red hot, but i will say one thing:she was the ONLY fight in the whole game where I could see what a level 5 stong attack looked like - she has a ton of hps., and you can really wind up on her.even the koshchay has fewer hps, and often manages to interrupt you before you can get to the final attack stage anyway.so, that made it kinda worth it. If you've never seen a level 5 strong silver attack, it looks like you are doing a kind of "vertical whirlwind". I was doing over 400 per hit with the final attack.

The trigger to make the Strigga/Adda appear is in the entrance so just exit then re-enter the room she will then appear.To keep her alive I just use Aard and keep knocking her down. Use potions Tawny for endurance regeneration and Malibur to greatly increase endurance, both last 8 hours and that should enable you to keep her alive without getting yourself killedEnjoy

i took no potions and didn't draw my sword.just run around the sarcophargus, it's pretty hillarious, there's even a certain point where she will stop opposite of you and you can just wait it out for the next custscene (you get one for each candle going out), then just run back to the sarcophargus and repeat. she never hit me, i never hit her. i call it the "gymnastic solution"

You can chain level 5 strong attacks into different foes .. but then there are more opportunities if you play hard (stuff have more health).Also, if you just want to practice those big combos, use the 'wrong sword' so you do less damage. ;D

There is also a position behind the altar that makes the striga still, just run around the altar and when u see the striga exactly oposite to where u are stop, it will remain there until the cutscene plays

it may not be her fault to be a striga but "azard tricked me" wasnt really a persuading excuse for trying to kill me. and king foltest isnt much more persuading, he wants to torture the people i love if i fail as if it were my fault that he fu**** his sister... if i were geralt i would have beaten the shit out of him when we were alone in his room... useless loudmouth - i am the one who dealt with all the traitors and found out about whats goin on in his kingdom when he fought himself through others kingdoms princess-slips!

I just cast quen on mysef just in case and were doging her attacks.It was tooooo easy and I played on hard.I didn't want to kill her becouse I kinda liked her since we were talking at the party and all :p And I liked playing the good guy role,it gives more satisfaction 8)

Can anyone tell me what hapen if I kill the stringa?I mean that if I kill her the king Foltest will give me this very good sword?(sory for my English)

GusKarpou said:
Can anyone tell me what hapen if I kill the stringa?I mean that if I kill her the king Foltest will give me this very good sword?(sory for my English)
No, I do not know, but I think you will get money instead. Anyway, the sword is nothing great, Gwalhir is much better.

When you kill her the king will not be very happy about it.So you get nothing but some gold and ingredient from her body.For me,that was not worth killing her.One hell of a night though. :eek:

I'm in the striga crypt and i can't find her. I go there by midnight and only a basilisk appear. Some help please! ???

http://guides.gamepressure.com/thewitcher/guide.asp?ID=3830http://guides.gamepressure.com/thewitcher/guide.asp?ID=3837Both liks should be of use to you. The striga is in the chamber marked with 3

Hmmzz....strange. After u've entered the crypt...u can find the striga at midnight....only in one specific room (just forgot wich one :-\ ). A cutscene will be triggered.

Darth39Mael said:
Same here, but I didn't even use Aard on her. Just running around the crypt not letting her catch up with me until the candles go out... Once I happened to run too fast and I found myself running right behind striga, lol ;D
This solution worked for me, except I ran into her about 3 times

Killed her the first time, when I didn't get what you actually had to do to heal her. Tried to keep her away from the coffin for a while, even tried getting her away from the coffin, then quickly getting back there to slip inside the coffin before she got back, like in the intro. When neither was possible I got frustrated and killed her. After that I always rescued her, the last time I used the violet (forgot the name, the trap thing) sign a lot, just put it on the floor, she ran into it, got thrown back, rinse and repeat. Bit more interesting than just running round the coffin all the time.

Top Bottom