[Act V] 5 striga quest (spoilers)

+
[Act V] 5 striga quest (spoilers)

is there anyway to turn adda back or do you have to kill her, I couldent find anyway of turning her back. Currently playing though second time would like to turn her back if its possibe...

Yes, it's possible to break the curse. Just think about what Geralt did the first time and you should know what to do... (a hint is listed in the bestiary entry about the Striga if you have that :) )

Kendaric said:
Yes, it's possible to break the curse. Just think about what Geralt did the first time and you should know what to do... (a hint is listed in the bestiary entry about the Striga if you have that :) )
He punched it and slept in its tomb thingy? :pok ill try and break the curse when i get there problly wont be for a while doing absolutly everything this time wish i hadent rushed it first time >

How to kill striga ? I fight with her and she kill me every time :( I take away so 25% from her life...

the igi sign( think thats the fire sign) does like 600+ damage, its easier 2 run round the tomb thing and you get a nice pressent for that unless you want the mutagen from the striga >.>

I've been posting a lot here lately but since I bloody love this game I wan't to be sure what the consequences of my choices are.So, I'm fighting the Striga in the crypt. And I don't want to kill it, but rather break the spell - how do I do this? I kept stunning it with the Arda sign but I can't keep doing that for several hours can I?

Run around the crypt room and don't let it catch you. Literally. You should be faster than the Striga. Eventually you'll get a cut-scene showing Geralt, the monster, and the coffin with candles. Keep doing this, but remember do *not* leave the room that you started out in; for some reason, running around the rest of the crypt with the Striga in tow will not advance the "clock." Trust me, I ran around the crypt from 12PM to 8AM thinking "Oh, it'll be dawn, just got to keep running around."

I took the path of saving the princess with the Order. Watch out spoilers.If you save her, she'll tell you later (through the king) where the salamandra base is (can someone else confirm the other side?) Also the princess allows an alliance to be forged with Radovia later in the game (if you've met King Radovic already).

The journal specifically tells you that you have to spend the night with the striga near its resting place (sarcophagus). So if you exit the room you have to do it all over again. The devs did make it playing-reasonable since the quest ends in about 3 in-game hours (if my memory is not failing)- which is long enough to either kill it or just run around. I also chose to save her but instead of running around the whole room I was using the sarcophagus as a barrier. It was funny looking at her how she tried go get me (she actually makes fakes ;D)

Yes, just run circles around the sarcophacus until the candles go out. Funny thing is that Gerald runs faster then Adda, so for some time, it seems like you are chasing her. Then she turns around again and the chase just continues. :)And if you decide just to kill her, you'll get the location anyways from king's councillor.

ausir

Forum veteran
cyanidefish said:
I took the path of saving the princess with the Order. Watch out spoilers.If you save her, she'll tell you later (through the king) where the salamandra base is (can someone else confirm the other side?) Also the princess allows an alliance to be forged with Radovia later in the game (if you've met King Radovic already).
The kingdom's name is Redania, and the king is Radovid.

hmm, I just bashed her with my silver sword and Aard, and as her healt was droping, cutscenes show the time passing toward the dawn. As her health dropped to 30% she was saved.

Ah! That's it then! I kept running around in the whole crypt thinking that I was meant to somehow keep her out of the room where she sleeps.

i found it annoying when the candles started going out cause i also find myself looking down her jaws and getting stunned at the end of em. 1 thing i found annoying was i had to go into the room at dusk i couldn't wait in there to activate the scene i spent 20 minutes just standing next to the sarcophagus and nothing came out before i tried a different just staying out of the room till dusk.

I used Aard + that oil that causes crippeling pain (Cirik-something) on my silver blade. If I was low on endurance - I'd hit her once with the sword and it'd stun her just like Aard. The little damage done from hitting her with the sword she'll regain while you use Aard - so I didn't feel like too much of a bastard using my sword on her. ::)

I just strait up fought her, went with the light attacks to keep her at bay. I would attack, fall back, attack, fall back, ect ect. It takes very little time for it to become morning.

Yes, I think the better choice is not to kill her.I nearly did not need my weapon at all.Take a swallow potion, additional you may take a willow potion I think( keeps you from getting knocked down and paralyzed), keep using the shield magic on yourself and keep running around. Kalkstein said you can use the trap magic (Yrden) as well in between to hurt her a little, if you need to buy a little time, but usually time is passing by very quickly and it is no big deal.

I am searching the tomgb where i must wait untill she wake up..but lol i cant find it lol someone can tell me how tehy finish that quets? thx

Top Bottom