[Act V] 5 striga quest (spoilers)

+
Since I am not gay I saved her also I already had better sword . I first take fool moon , wilow , maribor forest and pethryi filter with albedo . Then brew some potion just to reduce toxicity , and finally swallow . Then just Yrden , Aerd and Quen . It was easy even on hard difficulty . Later I really enjoyed killing de Wett , I even went on previous save to use grinfold oil and shrike ( they caused pain ) . Thanks to producers for plenty of bad girls . [/font]

I broke the curse instead of killing her. I wanted to do that because it's not her fault that she's a striga. It's probably not even her fault that she's a miserable excuse for a princess -- she DID spend her early years as a striga, after all, so it's probably hard to have a lot of instruction about how to be a good person under those circumstances. :) Also, I think the opening cutscene is magnificent, better than some of the movies I've seen, and I wanted to see if I could do what the pre-comeback Geralt did.I was disappointed to find that I couldn't punch her, the way it's shown in the opening movie, but I settled for casting Quen and for using my torch as a weapon. Using the torch keeps her occupied without taking many hit points off of her; if I used the sword, it was too easy to kill her by accident. So, Quen and stand there and laugh at her till it runs out, then hit her with the torch a couple of times until she runs away and a candle blows out. Then Quen again. Using this method, saving her was a breeze.It's kinda funny to watch her wading through the swamp in the velvet dress, after all this is over. Oh, yeah, I always wear my velvet when I'm gonna tromp through swamps. And where'd she get it, anyway -- she was wearing a nightgown as we were leaving the crypt. Maybe one of the special privileges of royalty is the ability to conjure velvet out of thin air! :)

Corylea said:
It's kinda funny to watch her wading through the swamp in the velvet dress, after all this is over. Oh, yeah, I always wear my velvet when I'm gonna tromp through swamps. And where'd she get it, anyway -- she was wearing a nightgown as we were leaving the crypt. Maybe one of the special privileges of royalty is the ability to conjure velvet out of thin air! :)
Didn't you see Velerad handing her the little suitcase when she left the crypt? ;) Surely no one can expect a princess to cross a swamp without proper clothes and make-up.

Nimue said:
Didn't you see Velerad handing her the little suitcase when she left the crypt? ;) Surely no one can expect a princess to cross a swamp without proper clothes and make-up.
*laugh* Good one! Personally, I expected one of the guards to carry her or something, so her little princessy feet wouldn't get soiled, but evidently life as a striga produces tougher princesses.

Why killing her in the first place . That potion brings just one silver and one bronze talent . You can heal her instead and get good filing + good sword and for talents you can get one silver and one bronze in act two swamp or in this act V by killing cementaurus in back of Kalkstain's house . No real reason to be that brutal .

I just used a combination of quen sign, swallow potion and tawny owl potion. Survived the night with minimal injuries.

I decided she deserved death.1) From a witcher's standpoint, if someone wanted foltest off the throne again, De Wett could have passed on the knowledge to renew the striga curse AGAIN. So what's to keep others from turning her back into a striga and getting innocents killed again? Nope, she had her second chance.2) Adda WAS try to plot against you... everyone knows that you were after salamandra and there she was basically helping them do whatever it was they wanted done!3) Remember at the end of act 3? Adda was going to sentence you to death for killing a kikimore queen and destroying the salamandra base.

PlatinumVanguard said:
I decided she deserved death.1) From a witcher's standpoint, if someone wanted foltest off the throne again, De Wett could have passed on the knowledge to renew the striga curse AGAIN. So what's to keep others from turning her back into a striga and getting innocents killed again? Nope, she had her second chance.2) Adda WAS try to plot against you... everyone knows that you were after salamandra and there she was basically helping them do whatever it was they wanted done!3) Remember at the end of act 3? Adda was going to sentence you to death for killing a kikimore queen and destroying the salamandra base.
You do make a good argument for killing her. Hrm...Plus, I suppose if you sided with The Order it makes sense 'cause of De Wett's "rumors".

Darmoth said:
You do make a good argument for killing her. Hrm...Plus, I suppose if you sided with The Order it makes sense 'cause of De Wett's "rumors".
On the other hand, she isn't a private person; she's the heir to the throne. If you kill her there is no heir, which means there could very well be civil war when Foltest dies. And THAT would kill a lot more people than a striga.

1)
From a witcher's standpoint, if someone wanted foltest off the throne again, De Wett could have passed on the knowledge to renew the striga curse AGAIN. So what's to keep others from turning her back into a striga and getting innocents killed again? Nope, she had her second chance.
[tr][td]Yes but there's also a knowledge about lifting the curse, and Geralt,Triss and Velerad can help again also after everything what hapend you can except from Adda to better watch over nicklese with ability to stop turning her into the striga . Also in cutscene Geralt said that the witchers enjoy more in lifting the curse than killing : "the swords are the final resort
2) Adda WAS try to plot against you... everyone knows that you were after salamandra and there she was basically helping them do whatever it was they wanted done!
[tr][td]She was tricked, afterall those guys from salamandra and order wanted her death and the enemy of the enemy is a friend , plus wery atractive friend :)
3) Remember at the end of act 3? Adda was going to sentence you to death for killing a kikimore queen and destroying the salamandra base.
[tr][td]Yes but at that time she was under influence of the curse plus her "friends " from the order and she changed after lifting the curse But the main reason for helping Adda is aftermatch if she dies it will led to wars and instability of nordern kingdoms : to conflict beatwean the Radenia and Tameria instand to peace and that's realy good reason for helping her more than ewerything else .Plus I realy like bad girls :)

Corylea said:
On the other hand, she isn't a private person; she's the heir to the throne. If you kill her there is no heir, which means there could very well be civil war when Foltest dies. And THAT would kill a lot more people than a striga.
Taking this a step further, a vacancy on the Temerian throne might lead to Redania making a bid for it - and it would almost certainly lead to Nilfgaard trying their luck again. It might end in Redania and Nilfgaard fighting each other on Temerian soil, which would be even worse than a Temerian civil war. I don't know, however, if that would be Geralt's motivation for saving Adda. He detests politics and probably wouldn't think along these lines. I rather think Night Hunter has a point - Witchers (or Geralt, at any rate) prefer lifting curses to simply killing the cursed. True, she betrayed him, but he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to take this kind of revenge. Needless to say, in my games he never killed her.

I don't think Adda qualifies to be heir to the Temerian throne. She's an illegitimate child, and those normally do not become heirs, even if they have the royal titles. More than likely, foltest will marry someone and produce a rightful heir.

Top Bottom