[Act V] 5 striga quest (spoilers)

+
PlatinumVanguard said:
I don't think Adda qualifies to be heir to the Temerian throne. She's an illegitimate child, and those normally do not become heirs, even if they have the royal titles. More than likely, foltest will marry someone and produce a rightful heir.
Have you finished the game?
I saved the striga, so Adda married the king of the neighboring kingdom. The guy she married said something like "Someday my children will rule this land." So, she IS the heir, if she lives.

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
I don't think Adda qualifies to be heir to the Temerian throne. She's an illegitimate child, and those normally do not become heirs, even if they have the royal titles. More than likely, foltest will marry someone and produce a rightful heir.
I saved the striga, so Adda married the king of the neighboring kingdom. The guy she married said something like "Someday my children will rule this land." So, she IS the heir, if she lives.
Hmm I always understood that as she rules Redania, allied with Temeria because she actually becomes queen of Redania by marrying Radovid. I was thinking that in case Foltest died because he was assassinated or whatever, Adda wouldn't qualify without marrying someone like Radovid to take the Temerian throne. I could be mistaken though.

PlatinumVanguard said:
PlatinumVanguard said:
PlatinumVanguard said:
Hmm I always understood that as she rules Redania, allied with Temeria because she actually becomes queen of Redania by marrying Radovid. I was thinking that in case Foltest died because he was assassinated or whatever, Adda wouldn't qualify without marrying someone like Radovid to take the Temerian throne. I could be mistaken though.
Perhaps I'm missing some finer point of royalty and protocol but ...notwithstanding the incest, she is of 100% royal blood! As far as I see, she has every right to the thrown.Who else in the game or stories would have a stronger claim to the Temerian thrown?

From wikipedia:"in many societies has denied "illegitimate" persons the same rights of inheritance as "legitimate" persons, and in some societies, even the same civil rights. In the United Kingdom and the United States, as late as the 1960s, illegitimacy carried a strong social stigma. Unwed mothers were often encouraged, at times forced, to give their children up for adoption. Often an illegitimate child was reared by grandparents or married relatives as the "sister," "brother" or "cousin" of the unwed mother."I don't think Sapkowski would have a drastically different view of illegitimacy, but it's possible.

PlatinumVanguard said:
"in many societies has denied "illegitimate" persons the same rights of inheritance as "legitimate" persons, [...]I don't think Sapkowski would have a drastically different view of illegitimacy, but it's possible.
But Platinum, royalty has always been a law unto itself. When Henry VIII of England wanted to annul the marriage to his first wife and the pope said no, the king broke away from the Catholic church and started his own church. All three of his children held the throne, even though the theory at the time was that if the marriage with Wife #1 was annulled, then Mary wasn't legitimate, and if the marriage with Wife #1 was not annulled, then Elizabeth wasn't legitimate.Royalty has proclaimed illegitimate children their heirs, adopted heirs, skipped over heirs -- they're in charge, so they make the rules.As far as I'm concerned, the biggest impediment to her claiming the throne is having been a striga for 14 years -- it's a wonder she can even TALK.

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
"in many societies has denied "illegitimate" persons the same rights of inheritance as "legitimate" persons, [...]I don't think Sapkowski would have a drastically different view of illegitimacy, but it's possible.
But Platinum, royalty has always been a law unto itself. When Henry VIII of England wanted to annul the marriage to his first wife and the pope said no, the king broke away from the Catholic church and started his own church. All three of his children held the throne, even though the theory at the time was that if the marriage with Wife #1 was annulled, then Mary wasn't legitimate, and if the marriage with Wife #1 was not annulled, then Elizabeth wasn't legitimate.Royalty has proclaimed illegitimate children their heirs, adopted heirs, skipped over heirs -- they're in charge, so they make the rules.As far as I'm concerned, the biggest impediment to her claiming the throne is having been a striga for 14 years -- it's a wonder she can even TALK.
You have a good point there... I suppose Adda would be able to become heir, though I'm still not sure she'd make a particularly good ruler (considering her choices during the game).

nighthunter said:
3) Remember at the end of act 3? Adda was going to sentence you to death for killing a kikimore queen and destroying the salamandra base.
[tr][td]Yes but at that time she was under influence of the curse plus her "friends " from the order and she changed after lifting the curse But the main reason for helping Adda is aftermatch if she dies it will led to wars and instability of nordern kingdoms : to conflict beatwean the Radenia and Tameria instand to peace and that's realy good reason for helping her more than ewerything else .Plus I realy like bad girls :)
I don't think she was under the effects of that curse at THAT time. If she was, she certainly wouldn't be speaking to Geralt... No the curse isn't reintroduced until after Geralt leaves for Murky Waters.

[/QUOTE]I don't think she was under the effects of that curse at THAT time. If she was, she certainly wouldn't be speaking to Geralt... No the curse isn't reintroduced until after Geralt leaves for Murky Waters.[/QUOTE]
[tr][td]I don't think so . Have you seen the sex cutscene : Geralt medalion was vibrating at that point so she was monster already . Don't get me wrong I don't think she is good and naive :) , but if I have to choose beatwean the beautiful , spoiled , horny girl and some nazi knights that look like they came from streets of Sam Francisko I choose the girl :)

nighthunter said:
I don't think she was under the effects of that curse at THAT time. If she was, she certainly wouldn't be speaking to Geralt... No the curse isn't reintroduced until after Geralt leaves for Murky Waters.[/QUOTE]
[tr][td]I don't think so . Have you seen the sex cutscene : Geralt medalion was vibrating at that point so she was monster already . Don't get me wrong I don't think she is good and naive :) , but if I have to choose beatwean the beautiful , spoiled , horny girl and some nazi knights that look like they came from streets of Sam Francisko I choose the girl :)[/QUOTE]Uh huh. You have that encounter at the tavern in the evening. Potentially after dark. If the curse was active then, why is she getting plowed by Geralt rather than trying to literally bite off the heads of the banquet guests.The curse is never completely lifted to begin with. Since she still has to burn those herbs in the fireplace and wear the pendant to prevent the return. It is my belief the amulet is simply reacting to that, and the magic. Remember that the medallion doesn't only react to monsters, but also magic.For all we know, it was Triss probably keeping an eye Geralt, as after all she does pop in fairly quickly after the wamm-bamm-thank-you-ma'am. She also has that tell tale expression on her face.Not saying it's impossible, but the evidence doesn't support the fact that curse has already returned.

Well it didn't seemed like the amulet is reacting on Triss for instance Adda grab it and droped it on the floor . Why would she do it if it's reacting on Triss ? Plus in first conversation one of two options is saying something like : The necklese with inclusion you should be wearing it , the curse my be still active ( I don't excatly remember the words but it was something like that ) , later Adda said :" we no longer wish to speak with you " . So she was hiding something about the necklese . Plus there is another evidance : at the end of the chapter before fighting with the Profesor there is short conversation with the Javad , he also spoke about Adda killing peapole and Foltes tolerates that , he also said bad things about the Triss and her Lodge . So there are evidance about the curse still active just you can't go to the old Wizima and see what's going on there at that point .

nighthunter said:
Well it didn't seemed like the amulet is reacting on Triss for instance Adda grab it and droped it on the floor . Why would she do it if it's reacting on Triss ? Plus in first conversation one of two options is saying something like : The necklese with inclusion you should be wearing it , the curse my be still active ( I don't excatly remember the words but it was something like that ) , later Adda said :" we no longer wish to speak with you " . So she was hiding something about the necklese .
Just to play the Devil's advocate here: that might be a spoiled girl's normal reaction to a conversation that isn't going the way she wants. It's pretty much clear from the start of the conversation what she has in mind, and Geralt bringing up serious topics probably bores her. Mind you, I'm not saying you're wrong, just that there are other possible interpretations.

Well it seems like most likely explenation that she wants to hide something from Geralt who is realy a person that knows a lot about her , there are some other side evidence like conversations : for instance de Wett who recast the curse is also angry on Geralt when he mentioned that with the necklese and it didn't seems like just out of jealousy , he seemed not just angry but frighteen of something . And as I said , I don't think Adda being good girl , just perhaps a lesser of two evils, also there was bad fealing about her beacuse all those peapole she has killed. But she was lesser evil than de Wett who actualy made her striga again , she was tricked by Salamandra but he is member of the organization we can see it in the conversation plus he has their badge. Plus the Geralt from the books also started his career as a witcher by helping her , altough there was a financial ofer for killing her and the fight was tough and risky.

Godmode, if you try to kill Foltest, you will have to fight the entire Royal Guard, who come streaming in at the first sound of clashing swords.

I am playing it for the fourth time, and it never ever crossed my mind to kill Adda, I didn't even pull my sword on her but just played catch-me around the tombstone until the morning came: she is so slow... it was very amusing...

MagnaMater said:
I am playing it for the fourth time, and it never ever crossed my mind to kill Adda, I didn't even pull my sword on her but just played catch-me around the tombstone until the morning came: she is so slow... it was very amusing...
yea it never really cross my mind as well Its even funnier when you use Blizzard you just walk out of the way when she comes at you :D :D

This is an old topic, but I really think there´s no reason to start a new one.. so:When the Striga comes? There were two sarcophagus in the crypt.. or do I remember wrong? Which one is the right one?I went to a room where this sarcophagus was at dusk and waited there until night came, but no striga around.What do I have to do different so that I can get the Striga appear? Lame thing is.. that I don´t have any Cat potion left and it sooo dark in the crypt. Is it possible to fight with the striga in darkness? If sparing her life, just run around with torch?

Its the coffin with candles on it. You have to enter the room after dusk, don't think standing in it and waiting works.You don't really need cat as that particular room will be well lit during the battle. If you don't want to kill her, just run around or Aard/Quen.

I can confirm that standing inside the chamber and waiting for the striga to appear will not work. Geralt must enter her chamber on or after 21:00 to trigger her 'appearance' :)

Top Bottom