[Act V] 5 striga quest (spoilers)

+
Nimue said:
Nimue said:
Well it didn't seemed like the amulet is reacting on Triss for instance Adda grab it and droped it on the floor . Why would she do it if it's reacting on Triss ? Plus in first conversation one of two options is saying something like : The necklese with inclusion you should be wearing it , the curse my be still active ( I don't excatly remember the words but it was something like that ) , later Adda said :" we no longer wish to speak with you " . So she was hiding something about the necklese .
Just to play the Devil's advocate here: that might be a spoiled girl's normal reaction to a conversation that isn't going the way she wants. It's pretty much clear from the start of the conversation what she has in mind, and Geralt bringing up serious topics probably bores her. Mind you, I'm not saying you're wrong, just that there are other possible interpretations.

Winstar said:
Lame thing is.. that I don´t have any Cat potion left and it sooo dark in the crypt. Is it possible to fight with the striga in darkness? If sparing her life, just run around with torch?
As they said, there's light from the candles. If you really want a Cat, though, there's a fireplace in the crypt; if you have ingredients on you, you can meditate for an hour and make anything you want.I thought Quen vs. the Striga was a lot of fun -- she exhausts herself trying to get you, while you just stand there and smile at her. But there are lots of ways of handling it.

Hi guys,First of all I would like to say that this game is f****g AMAZING!!!!!Probably is the best game I've ever played!!!!O.k I am in the room and I am going to face Striga.Now do I have to kill her or just running around the sarcofagus??I think that the point is to kill her right?? or not?

it's entirely up to you. Those are your choices: either you run around the sarcophagus all night to cure her of the curse, or you kill her to save the town from her in striga form.There is not a categorically "right" decision ... but I can tell you that many people on this forum like to save poor Adda ;) -- i've killed her a few times though :)

I killed her on my first gameplay because she betrayed Geralt at the end of Act III... hussy :p But I also kept her alive, which is a very entertaining phase in the crypt because you can experiment with all kind of skills and bombs which aren't lethal at once and which you haven't used before ;D

pepez said:
O.k I am in the room and I am going to face Striga.Now do I have to kill her or just running around the sarcofagus??I think that the point is to kill her right?? or not?
It's up to you -- you can choose to kill her, or you can choose to break the curse. If you decide to break the curse, there are several different ways you can go about it, some of which are a little more fun than just circling the sarcophagus all night.One of the things I considered when deciding whether to kill or cure was the past -- what did Geralt choose to do the last time Adda was a striga? I figured he'd probably do the same thing again, but that's just my take on it -- part of the beauty of this game is that you can think about it in whatever way makes sense to you.

well if he went with his last experience with her, i'd say he'd be more inclined to kill her. a) she slashed his throat and he very nearly died and b) clearly it was a waste of his time as she's a striga once again ;D

gamewidow said:
well if he went with his last experience with her, i'd say he'd be more inclined to kill her. a) she slashed his throat and he very nearly died and b) clearly it was a waste of his time as she's a striga once again ;D
It's not her fault she's a striga. I decided to save, because witchers aren't just about slaying monsters, they do try to lift the curse when possible. However I must say that I really dislike that spoiled brat. Killing her might even be more worth it (striga potion) on the other hand the witcher's code binds me to at least try and save her.

Hamenaglar said:
However I must say that I really dislike that spoiled brat.
If you'd spent the first seven years of your life in a coma and the next seven years as a striga, you might not be too civilized, either. *smile* Nobody actually raised Adda -- I'm surprised she can even talk.

gamewidow said:
b) clearly it was a waste of his time as she's a striga once againworse.... she has business with the ones who stole the Witchers secrets, all in all criminals. She is beyond hope ;D Who knows if she falls into relapse once again.... the 3rd time then.

PetraSilie said:
Who knows if she falls into relapse once again.... the 3rd time then.
But she didn't relapse. If you keep getting run over by cars, we don't say that you've relapsed, we say that you have new injuries. :)

Tobariah said:
As for the -decision-, it was no contest at all .. I'd choose to lift the curse every time, MYSELF, and as I was choosing to play Geralt as a "true..ly complex .. Hero" to the hilt (as -I- understand it) .. so of COURSE I saved her. Politically it's the right thing to do, as it gets you in good with the King and helps whichever faction you sided with (right? on my one playthrough so far, I went with the Elves, of course).
I think this is the main point. Getting in good with the king by saving his daughter also helps the faction you choose. And, you probably get a better reward? I found the easist way to spare her was to camp at the fireplace in front of the room with her sarcaphogous and prepare potions, etc. until 2 hours before dawn. I built up my Quen skill (the shield one), created the Endurance and Vitality boost potions to use. Enter room to cut scene. Cast Quen and simply waited it out til dawn. Had to keep casting quen of course and she still did damage to me now and then so took apropriate measures to heal. Even had to knock her on her arse a couple of times to give me time to cast quen again.

umm, since the combat seemed a little too dangerous and it caught me off guard, I used signs, namely Igni after a sucky Aard attempt, and instead of the normal 30-40 damage I'm used to seeing, it dealt 600-700 damage :eek: True, I had used a place of power, but still, 400 damage (which would be done without the ritual of magic) is a lot more than 40. Could that be a glitch, as I don't think the striga would be SO susceptible to fire?

For the first time, I had no idea that I can save her. I just found myself in crypt, Velerad refused to let me out, so I went to fight and I killed her. After that I learned that there was a chance to save her and I was sorry I couldn´t do that(because I´m very helpful witcher ;D) So second time I learned how to save her and I did save her.I was then suprised in Epilogue
because since I killed her first time, I met Vincent in his werewolf form and now, there she was - striga! And she was helping me :)

you should try a few more variations because ...
That encounter in the ice plains could mean that you meet Adda, Vincent or another even more surprising ally :)

:eek:
an even more surprising ally :whatthe: I met Adda as striga / Vincent as werewofl in the icy plains. On my 3rd play through I let both live and just arrived in the epilog. Who I may expect?*ponders about the suprise ally* :hmmm: I'm not sure but I guess I kept the talking ghoul alive too.

I've killed the Striga on my last playthrough and got Vincent as help, since I didn't kill him. I believe though, that to get the "surprise" help, one needs to do something specific in Act four.

Top Bottom