[Act V] 5 striga quest (spoilers)

+
Act FOUR? I know who the surprise help is, from looking at the wiki (God bless Game Widow), and I can't imagine what would happen during the Lakeside interlude that would be connected. If you're thinking about choosing the Neutral/Order/Scoia'tael path, that would mean that if you choose the wrong path AND kill both "monsters," that would leave you with no one, and it seems like SOMEbody is supposed to turn up at that point in the Epilogue.

Suprising ally are we talking about the same guy
are we talking about de wett :evil: one of the greatest scum in the game, a friend of mine screw up few quests and there he was altough not a great help
I always helped Adda altough the first time didn't knew how so had to do some save/load after reading wikia, also made saves in front choises with Vincent and Berengar helped both but wanted to see them in action :)

I killed Adda b/c even if I spare her this time around, who is to say that someone else won't come around and re-curse her? It's not like she goes out of her way to endear herself to other people. And next time she's cursed, there is no guarantee that I will be around to take care of the problem ... again. Adda is a liability to herself, her family, the crown, and the innocents/common man that gets in the way. I said "good riddance" and took her out.I was a little nervous about going into the fight and was surprised to discover that it was so easy! A little Igni here, a little Quen here, a little sword fight here, rinse, repeat, and voila. For a beast that was supposed to have almost killed Geralt the first time he fought it, I was surprised that the Striga was not more difficult to beat.

photoleia said:
Adda is a liability to herself, her family, the crown, and the innocents/common man that gets in the way. I said "good riddance" and took her out.
If Adda dies, Foltest has no heir. There's often a civil war when a king dies with no heir. I think Adda would be a pretty bad queen ... but would she be worse than a civil war?

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
Adda is a liability to herself, her family, the crown, and the innocents/common man that gets in the way. I said "good riddance" and took her out.
If Adda dies, Foltest has no heir. There's often a civil war when a king dies with no heir. I think Adda would be a pretty bad queen ... but would she be worse than a civil war?
Given her lack of consideration of anything outside of herself and her desires, and her seemingly innate ability to tick of everyone around her, I have no doubt that the country would be in just as bad a shape with the crown on her head. Foltest is not in his dotage yet and still has time to appoint someone else as crown prince/princess who may be capable of ruling as he still has time to train someone else to take his place (assuming he will die of old age an not by assassination). I firmly believe that Adda is more of a liability than anything. Given the opportunistic douche that I perceive her potential husband to be, I'm fairly certain that most anyone Foltest handpicks to take his place (limited though the pickings may be) would be a better choice than Adda. Not only do the people not respect or even remotely admire Adda, but she doesn't exactly give the impression that she has taken the idea of responsible statecraft to heart. Imagine the trouble Foltest's country would be in when his only heir Adda takes the throne, only to be re-cursed. At that point not only would the country be open to take over, but the general populace would be likely to revolt/take matters into the own hands yet again given the instability of their monarch and her monster status.

Photoleia:I think you're right in thinking that it'd be in the best interest of the people of Vizima and Temeria for you to kill Adda. Not because she's especially susceptible to being re-cursed (it seems to me that's like saying that because Person Z gets hit by lightning twice then that makes her a mortal threat to anyone who lives in the same house as her) but rather because she still retains that underlying element of striga-ness... because the curse has never fully been lifted -- perhaps it never can be lifted.But it seems there're a bunch of people on these forums who've read the books so I imagine they'd have a much stronger perspective on this than myself.But... whatever.Actually, If I were to get really thoughtful about this I'd suggest that deWett didn't actually re-curse her, he just put her in a position that permitted her striga-ness to re-awaken.I don't think deWett is especially smart, anyhow. He's a tool and a fool.As for fighting Adda: I agree she was way, way too easy to kill. In fact: killing her was easier than lifting the curse... only because the process of removing the curse was so annoying and tedious. Easier just to confront her and kill her.Either way: she was way, way too easy. For a major battle: I do not understand the reasoning for making it so easy.But... whatever.This time through, I saved Adda. Next time I won't be merciful. I'll make her suffer and then kill her, and Foltest will think I was merciful.

Like I said ed before there not set way in playing TW to me that one of the fun thing in playing this game it may be linear but what having the feel of one but that just me,

Top Bottom