[Act V] Azar Javed fight moan/rant/complaint/suggestion

+
[Act V] Azar Javed fight moan/rant/complaint/suggestion

I loved the game up to this point, still do, but tonight an aspect of your design has PISSED ME OFF!!The Azar Javed fight is SO #$* @#*^&$ IRRITATING!! Fine, make me fight two heavily armed guys before I have to fight Javed, but PLEASE, FOR @#^& SAKE GIVE ME A @&^$ING SAVE POINT IN BETWEEN! I've killed those idiots about fifteen times by now only to get mowed down by Javed within a minute of the fight starting. Then it's back to the save point before the two big armoured guys TO DO IT ALL AGAIN! #@*&^ that's frustrating! Who thought it would be a good idea NOT to break up the two fights, which are both rather awkward to even bloody prepare for, nevermind actually win?? I don't mind having to learn his tactics and weaknesses in order to defeat him, but wading through a tough fight that leaves me with half my health on a GOOD DAY beforehand is just idiocy. PLEASE consider adding a save point between those two fights. I got all excited with the cut scene and all, then the dialogue, then another cut scene, thinking maybe there's a load screen coming and my game will save, BUT NO, and now I have to escape out of the first damn cut scene, skip the dialogue, escape the second cut scene before I can get at Javed again. Rinse and bloody repeat, ad @#^&ing nauseum. Yes, fine, maybe my character build sucks, maybe I suck at RPGs, maybe I'm too stupid to comprehend the tactics required to beat Javed, maybe I didn't pick up the right ingredients or enough ingredients to make my potions, but COME ON!! Would a #$* @#*^&$ save point have been THAT MUCH TO ASK?? Or is that your way of drawing the so-called "challenge" of the Javed fight out...?I don't even care if you delete this post and nobody sees it because of the language (even though I did make an attempt at self-censorship), but please once you've deleted the post, at least pass this rant on to the developers and beg them to consider breaking up those two particular fights with a saved game in a new patch.

@WolfZA I do understand where your coming from Plz calm down a bit your not the only one that had this trouble and if you go into Story/quest there are many ppl that that will be veary happy to help you out .Now there is some tactic that is needed one thing that helped me out was this when facing the two heavily armed guys what I do is this I switch to strong style I don't ever bother using my silver sword at all.Coat your blade with poison or which ever you like to slow them down a bit so while fighting one use Aard sigh or Igni sigh on the other one.Also helps to move around as well to keep form getting hit to much also make sure you have swallow use when needed.this will help you on heath point a lot.and with Azar use Aard sigh on him to keep him off his feet the stick and move tactics helps there also sue strong style with him and not a sliver sword I hope this helps you out We are here to help each other out when we are stuck And I do understand how you feel but plz claim down

Hi Seeker,Thanks for replying to my post, and yes, I was rather angry when I typed it up. I at least had the presence of mind to go back and (&^*&^ the swear words... :)I will keep on trying; I've so far managed to take down those two armoured guys while losing only half my health so they're not really a problem. I drank a Willow potion so that Javed can't knock me down anymore which has helped somewhat, I've used Igni and Aard on him with limited success, I've used Blizzard for that extra edge, I've Wolverined myself some more combat bonuses, but I'm still struggling. Sometimes I'll feel as if I've hardly touched Javed and his health is about 75% gone when I die, and others I'll hack and slash and dodge and run and feel like I'm making progress towards killing him, and he's still got half his health when I die. The other guy that appears (not mentioning his name for the sake of not spoiling anything) is only of limited help, which was also quite disappointing, but then there is always the chance my tactics are what is allowing him to die so easily.It's more than a little frustrating, but to be honest I was having a terrible day all round yesterday and I think I might have taken it out on my Witcher experience, which I probably shouldn't have done. Thanks again for politely addressing my concerns, I will keep plugging away this weekend. Little niggles aside, this is by far the best RPG I've played, ever, and the developers and everyone involved most definitely deserve all the praise they're getting. :)

Azar is very susceptible to critical hits, so take him at his weak point ;DIf you poison level accepts it take max 3 potions. You can brew some on Albedo base to keep the toxication low. but you can also brew potions on Rubedo domination.potion for life: swallow or full moonportion for protection: willowoffensive potion: wolfApplying oils to your blade: tawny oil, argentia or cinfrid oil or maybe diamond dust.GL ;)

@ WolfZA I know how you feel we all have bad days too ;)With Azar I dont bother with Igni Sigh for he is a fire mage and fire is his friend ;)I used Aard on him that I found to be my best bet Hope that help and it took me a a lot of dieing to figure out the right tactic to use on him ;)

All you need is willow and you should be fine, he's really suceptible to crits though so if you drink a wolf too he'll go down fast I mean really really fast.

Just don't let Azar hit you at all.Run away from him. Blast him with Igni when you have enough space to. Run some more. Repeat. Keep it up til he's dead. You should also have some Swallow regen going on and Tawny Owl endurance regen is nice too. But IIRC it's possible to kill him like this without ever being hit by him at all.When you need a better view to see if you have enough distance between him and you to blast him safely, just pause the game and change the view before you decide.

Then only time you need to press Azar is if you want to keep Berengar alive. If that's not an issue, then use aard to make combat happen at YOUR pace, not his.

You've probably made it through by now, but for others having trouble: Igni is you friend against the big guys. I knew from RPG experience that I would be fighting Azar Javed straight after so I picked the easy way out and spammed Igni on them. Felt a little bad running around shooting fire at them, but I was afraid that Azar Javed was going to be really though. I didn't manage to save Berengar (tried it once again after winning the fight, but Javed killed him within five seconds), but for me the fight was pretty anticlimatic. I just used strong steel and somehow within a few whacks he was dead. I'm playing on normal though, which I guess is on the level of easy in most games. :pI think the problem appears with all the blinding and knockdowns he does, but I used my last talents before the fight to get some protection against that. Hmm. I can't remember having read anything about the fight as I avoid spoilers like the plague, but I kinda knew what was coming. Hehe. :pAnyway: Igni against the large guys, then follow others advice about Javed as I think I somehow just got "lucky" with that fight (or I was somehow overpowered).

I know it was a fluke, I took out Azar right afte the cut scene with berengar with one strong Aard blast, I used a full moon and a tawny owl potion, i used igni on the two mutant warriors before this and did not take any damage.Igni seems to work well on all the mutants

I think koshkay is stonger than Javed. Berengar helped me with Javed - simply Aard, Steel style. Willow and owl potions

I haven't reached this point - yet, but will probably do so tonight. However, if you have the dwarven Sihil sword = + 100% damage and goes right through armor, then the armored opponents should not pose a problem. Just my thoughts on the matter.

I agree a save after fighting the two brothers would have been nice!Before entering the area I used Swallow, Willow and Tawny Owl.The fight against the two brothers is easy, just keep your distance and use Igni until you have killed one. Then switch to Aard and lure the remaining brother to one end of the room, stun him with Aard and run to the opposite side of the room. You can then save. Finish off the remaning enemy. The fight aginst Javed is a little more tricky. The secret is run up the path at the side of the room and simply circle the top of the room. Use Aard to knock Javed down and then use steel in strong style to hit him once he is on the floor (do this only once or he will probably hit you back) Then run away and wait for yellow bar to replenish - repeat. You can actually save many times during this battle but simply running far enough away and whacking F5 quicky when the music changes. Remember to pause and take your sword out after you have saved. Easy - the cowards way of defeating the bastard.Hope this helps

I must of died at least 20 times befor I beat javed. It happened realy weird, I hit him with strong steel and then hit him with ard and it showed a massive amount of damage . It was like those blasts he gives off came back at him and he died I did not even hit him 3 times i think. I was freaking out ,this game is cool but somethmes weird stuff happens. Anyway I am happy to get rid of that bastard. ;D

WolfZA said:
I loved the game up to this point, still do, but tonight an aspect of your design has PISSED ME OFF!!The Azar Javed fight is SO #$* @#*^&$ IRRITATING!! Fine, make me fight two heavily armed guys before I have to fight Javed, but PLEASE, FOR @#^& SAKE GIVE ME A @&^$ING SAVE POINT IN BETWEEN! I've killed those idiots about fifteen times by now only to get mowed down by Javed within a minute of the fight starting. Then it's back to the save point before the two big armoured guys TO DO IT ALL AGAIN! #@*&^ that's frustrating! Who thought it would be a good idea NOT to break up the two fights, which are both rather awkward to even bloody prepare for, nevermind actually win?? I don't mind having to learn his tactics and weaknesses in order to defeat him, but wading through a tough fight that leaves me with half my health on a GOOD DAY beforehand is just idiocy. PLEASE consider adding a save point between those two fights. I got all excited with the cut scene and all, then the dialogue, then another cut scene, thinking maybe there's a load screen coming and my game will save, BUT NO, and now I have to escape out of the first damn cut scene, skip the dialogue, escape the second cut scene before I can get at Javed again. Rinse and bloody repeat, ad @#^&ing nauseum. Yes, fine, maybe my character build sucks, maybe I suck at RPGs, maybe I'm too stupid to comprehend the tactics required to beat Javed, maybe I didn't pick up the right ingredients or enough ingredients to make my potions, but COME ON!! Would a #$* @#*^&$ save point have been THAT MUCH TO ASK?? Or is that your way of drawing the so-called "challenge" of the Javed fight out...?I don't even care if you delete this post and nobody sees it because of the language (even though I did make an attempt at self-censorship), but please once you've deleted the post, at least pass this rant on to the developers and beg them to consider breaking up those two particular fights with a saved game in a new patch.
You think fighting Azar is tough?Well good luck keeping Berengar alive... I have never managed it but not had that much trouble beating Azar...Aard him then put down a yrden and lead him over itHaving Quen 5 also helps :)

When you come to this point go back to fireplace near entrance . Just use right potions before fight ( wilow , shrike , fool moon , pethri filter with albedo then spent some time in breawing some potion in order to reduce toxicity , at entrance youll find fireplace , and then use grinfold oil or hangman venom and finally swalow . Also bring some blinding bombs , or some other bombs and use aerd . I mentioned on medium and soon I will tell you about hard . Also dialog after is quite stupid : I thought few thoughts , or something like that , almost like Thaler .

Bashing F5 at cut scenes is supposed to allow saves even where it's normally not possible. Haven't ried that myself tho.

Fiskrens said:
Bashing F5 at cut scenes is supposed to allow saves even where it's normally not possible. Haven't ried that myself tho.
I would recommend pressing F5 repeatedly toward the end of cutscenes for a new save point. Oh, sure, you can "bash" F5, but I've found that F5 responds better to encouragement than bashing.

With Azar I went in after drinking willow, swallow and wolverine. I used the steel sword I got as a reward for the striga quest and coated it with crinfrid oil. I also used Aard on both the mutants and Azar. As a result the fight with the mutants was easy. Azar was much harder, but I still got him on my first go.

I think if you use your talents on attributes and their upgrades and same with figthing styles you are on the save side :) and it's less poisonous. On my current gameplay I'm finished with strength and dexterity attritbutes, closed followed by endurance and the fighting styles for silver and steel swords. I neglected the Witcher signs (all not higher but silver talents).I used one Rubedo Willow and one Albedo Swallow. Blade was coated with Perun rune. It was an easy fight (on normal) against Javed, I wasn't in need to use a sign. Even Berengar survived this time ;D

Top Bottom