[Act V] Azar Javed fight moan/rant/complaint/suggestion

+
petestar1969 said:
You think fighting Azar is tough?Well good luck keeping Berengar alive... I have never managed it but not had that much trouble beating Azar...Aard him then put down a yrden and lead him over itHaving Quen 5 also helps :)
I've actually kept Berengar alive 2 out of 3 times. I suspect Blizzard + Willow is the key. I was disappointed, though, because Berengar had nothing to say afterward. Didn't even bother to thank me. Guess he was still in shock at not being dead. ;D

Berengar *reading the script*: Uhh, Geralt. I think he was supposed to-- says here that--Geralt: mhm, now go plough some ladies you lucky bastardBerengar *still stunned* Uhhh.But yea. Javed was a pain, but the Kosh was much more of an intense fight for me. Javed's incessant pain was annoying so I resorted to a Yrden and Igni combo with Tawny Owl rolling up my endurance. Occasionally when my HP was full I would launch a string of Strong Style attacks on him until I got hit with pain and would resume fleeing. The two big guys I dealt with using Group Style. I hear lots of talk of Strong on them but Group is the way to go. It hits them both and causes them both to be staggered every time they are hit. I think I suffered one strike from the pair - maybe 18 damage total. It doesn't take that long either, group style is stronger the more critters are around you. 1v1 Group sucks but 2v1 it's very good. Group is my back fall and was my first fully filled talent tress. Also note: I have the Rune Sihill (+100% Dam Steel Sword) and the Witcher Path Raven Armour (bonuses to endurance). Which both helped in my underhanded tactics. I wonder though, has anyone tried fighting him with the tri-blue meteorite steel sword (the one with the good chance of disarm). I know disarming human foes is a very easy way to be successful since when they run out of weapons they just stare at you and wait to die. Wonder if you can disarm Javed...

Azar was easy for me, though probably flukey. I Aarded him off the paltform into the green ooze. Dead. Done.

Zanderat said:
Azar was easy for me, though probably flukey. I Aarded him off the paltform into the green ooze. Dead. Done.
*runs back to try this* That's hilarious. I assume you lost the corpse though eh? Not like he had anything of any exceptional value,

You can loot him when he plops in this ugly liquid manure. On my first gameplay he fell over the brink as well... not because Geralt used too much Aard but he had such powerful strokes ;D I was panicking because I was afraid I can't reach him but Geralt could loot him *whew*

have no problem with Javed (even without anything but Swallow)only problem i have is saving Berengari managed to do it the 1st time i played, lucky i'm surei even managed to save the game with only 1 greater brother almost dead and me full vitality(just create distance to be able to save the game)

You aren't meant to save Berengar ... sometimes as a fluke he manages to survive but he's useless plotwise

Yeah they should place some dialogue or something, still had good fealing for saving him he came back to help although he didn't have to, so couldn't leave him behind just like that he's one of the clan and you shouldn't leave friends in trouble. "You always have to stand with your friends, sometimes it mean to get killed and sometimes to kill plenty of peapole " :) I think that was from sin city movie.

If Geralt doesn't kill him in Murky Waters he decided to forgive him.... he could have made an other decision... so if he meets him during the encounter with Javed again and Berengar wants to help him, my Geralt remembers what he made in Murky Waters so he has a preference to keep Berengar alive... at least should care about Berengars condition :beer:

Thaler said:
Thaler said:
Bashing F5 at cut scenes is supposed to allow saves even where it's normally not possible. Haven't ried that myself tho.
I would recommend pressing F5 repeatedly toward the end of cutscenes for a new save point. Oh, sure, you can "bash" F5, but I've found that F5 responds better to encouragement than bashing.
No wonder I need to buy new keyboards all the time :p

gamewidow said:
You play him so *nicely* , my geralt is a pragmatist ;D
depends... depends... my Geralt has no scruple to fulfil all contracts, means including the dog contract. There are enough stray dogs ]:->

He has to do it for a living especially at the beginning of his great aventure and besides it's high quality base for oils.okay... if you look at me like that it gnaws at my conscience... on my next gameplay I leave this contract :angel:

You don't have to leave the contract, silly! just look harder, you can find enough around without killing any dogs :)

I'm an orderly person and I'm not satisfied when there are unfinished missions... *ahem* I'm afraid we are getting slighty off topic :angel:

You gotta use Igni on the Greater Brothers and run like hell in circles avoiding getting your Vitality gettting zapped :dead: by their hammers. I circled the room 8) and then came up on the steps zapped them both and ran like hell. After they are weakened some try to get them where one is following the other and zapp the lead one with Aard. If it knocks he down aplly some more Igni. Once he/they are weakened switch to Aard again and zapp one stunning him and apply a coupe de'grac move. Run like hell from the remaining one until you build back up strength because it's best to face Avad at 100% vitality. Once up to top Vitality choose to Igni the @#$@#$ or stun him doing another coup de'grace move. Then break bad on Avad at 100% vitality. :peace:

Interesting, I never managed to stun Greater Brothers even with level 4 charged up level 5 Aard. Bad luck I suppose. 4 or so Igni do take care of them however.

Top Bottom