[Act V] Azar Javed fight moan/rant/complaint/suggestion

+
I find that by the time i face the Greater brothers, my Geralt so well armed and talented that they are a complete non-issue (but i must confess to having a heck of a time killing them the first time! -- they were scary)I generally stick with igni (which i always pump maximally -- fire is fun) and my silver steel sword with a good oil and i just hack. Stand there and hack and it usually does not take more than a few volleysIIRC, my initial reaction when i first encountered them was OMG ... what are those ??? ;D

A Perun runestone is your best friend 8) and makes you megalomaniac and lightheaded. I tried the upgraded group style on the bros and didn't receive the desired effect initially. Then I used Aard on of them as well which gave me a few valuable seconds to finish his comrade :whistle:

I agree with Game Widow - those guys burn very nicely. Add to that Aerondight with a healthy dose of Argentia, and off you go :)

of course! ... clearly my caffeine has not kicked in! Steel yes!update corrected my previous post :whistle: Thanks! ST_Ghost ;D

I have just deleted the game from my computer, yoo-hoo!!! :) This was the only thing, which made sense. I tried many, many times to pass the scene with Javed, but I had no success. I spent about 6 hours. :wall:This is really very disapointing. I tried everything from drinks to magic and nothing helped. At one moment I had no interest anymore!

Guest 2081505

Javeddd said:
I have just deleted the game from my computer, yoo-hoo!!! :) This was the only thing, which made sense. I tried many, many times to pass the scene with Javed, but I had no success. I spent about 6 hours. :wall:This is really very disapointing. I tried everything from drinks to magic and nothing helped. At one moment I had no interest anymore!
Why?? There are so many possibilities to get rid of Azar Javed. Please look!http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=ARF3lVuhCNI

I have to agree with Max Strauss here ... kind of an extreme way to go there. I'm very bad at combat in games and even i was able to kill Javed ... many times now, and even on hardbut if that makes you happy ... had you persisted, i think you'd find that you had not sufficiently prepared given the options at your disposal prior to that encounter ...

Javed isn't immortal and actually you can kick his *dumdidum* :whistle: because he has weak points and there are preparations to get him down through his weaknesses. And there are preparations to protect Geralt from his special attacks.And if you can't stand Javed's face anymore you could have asked for a save game after his death and then continue. This isn't a quixotic methode but better than deleting the game ;)

prepare white honey and raffard's decoctionfor knockdown drink willowswallow and tawny owl for standard regenwhen low hp drink raffardwhen toxicity is nearing 60 drink white honey and potions againwhen your butt is kicked you dont have to dance with javed, you arent glued to him. run up the stairs and wait for regen.burn him and whack him.run upstairs and go in circles around the room. keep enough distance to charge level 4 strong style attack, hit and run again. rinse and repeat.

You know what sucks :mad: I just finished kicking Koshay and Javed Arse, talking in mirror to buthead, Geralt smashes mirror and game crashes. :whatthe: I should of saved before talking to mirror :-[EDIT: Yah 8) Luckily, I had an autosave not too far before but, I had to fight through the cavern, Krab, and rest of em again but, not too hard. Krab was a lot easier now that I knew what to do.

mardana said:
You know what sucks :mad: I just finished kicking Koshay and Javed Arse, talking in mirror to buthead, Geralt smashes mirror and game crashes. :whatthe: I should of saved before talking to mirror :-[
Oh, no! God, that sucks.Did the game autosave at some point in there?

There is only an autosave when you enter a new room. But I understand your disappointment very well. Happens to me several times as well... blinded and overhappy by the success a victory, didn't save and quite unexpected... a game crash :dead: I used to save before EE cos I had lots of game crashes. Now I neglect it and from time to time... game crash -.-

*phew* luckily for me, the few times the game crashed I had an autosave from not a long time ago, lost only about 15 mins of playing each time..Still, it was annoying as hell. About Javed, which I beat just today, he was piece of cake. I was with the order heavy armor, had swallow and full moon(not sure if that's the name, it's the pot that greatly increases vitality), which put me at a whopping 1600 HP (seriously, full moon is overpowered), also perun stone on. Even with all the upgrades and talents, it was odd seeing Javed take twice as much damage as any other average mutant out there, did those torch like weapons of his have a damage vulnerability downside or something? Berengar was alive about a precious 5 seconds during which I took off 75-80% off of Javed's HP, then however became the annoying part. Stun, Incineration, Knockdown on Geralt, rinse and repeat for a minute or two, but his damage was lousy, so it just made me sigh and wait for a chance to hit him. If I'd known earlier I'd have drunk willow but alas. Koschay wasn't difficult too, actually, it was after the Koschay battle that I drank swallow and full moon, since I was at 250/800 HP and bleeding at 15 HP/second. *phew* *quote from the journal about koschey* "Tactics: This killing machine doesn't need any tactics" :teeth:

You know, it's funny how many have had a lot of crashes in EE compared to 1.3.I've got quite the opposite, EE has LESS crashes than 1.3.And as for Javed, he is really easy. I NEVER fully invest in IGNI, most times I only upped it to to max L2, and kept it there, ditto for Aard. I invest most of my points in swordplay and other effects, not signs. Combat is bl--dy easy for me this way, and the game then doesn't seem too unbalanced (because max IGNI in my opinion is too powerful).Javed is not a problem. Surviving the vitality drain after its death (by the damage inflicted on Geralt during the battle) IS, especially when you have high toxicity.

Yah, Javed wasn't that hard nor the crab as long as you take full moon, swallow, and willow. Willow isn't necessary but, nice. Actually, Chuckles that was only my second crash in the game -- which is why it caught me off gaurd. My first was in ACT II while in the cemetary fighting some drowners down inside the pool of water after coming out of the crypt. Oh, Velkito the reason Javed is losing hit points so fast is because of Berengars' amulet. It has some special power that drains Javed of his powers. You'd caught more on that if you posessed it but, probably didn't cause Berengar still alive. Not sure as I wasn't given a choice to let him live.

So that's why Javed didn't cast a single spell or had a spell cast on him, hmm? Heh, and I was wondering why even the Professor, who was depicted as someone unfamiliar to sorcery, had some "shock shield" spell on when I fought him. How come you had no chance of leaving Berengar alive? And why is it either way the fight with Javed is made that easy?

I'm not sure as to why I had no choice with berengar. During last conversation, I thought I had been nice but, maybe I wasn't and he attacked me so, I'll pay more attention next run through. But, either way during the fight with Javed you either have Berengar (who has the amulet) or if you kill berengar you take his amulet and thus have it during fight.

Top Bottom