[Act V] Azar Javed fight moan/rant/complaint/suggestion

+
I can't kill Berengar though he betrayed the Witchers and sided with the Professor and Javed. But I can see his reasons and he regrets it and I let him live. Adda betrayed as well but her motives (power and fame) are stupid. Okay ;D ... anyway, I guess Berengar should symbolise support for Geralt in his fight with Javed. If he kills Berengar the support comes from his amulett. If Geralt lets him alive Berengar supports him personally... though he seldom survives.

this was originally a reply for the kochey but works for azar just as well:For all who have trouble here, again preperation is the key:First the shopping list:1. Have enough alcohol and or ingredients / or have your potions already ready - I am just stating that bc in this act strong alcohol is not soooo easy to come by (especially on neutral): Kalkstein sells though2. Before entering the mansion take a couple of "long" potions, if you can albedo base (at least one of) them, you can get away with three. Good choices depend on your character,I had an Igni user, so full moon and petris philter were good. Possibly also Mariborforest.3. Meditate for an hour to get rid of toxic effects.4. Use the old standby: Tawny owl, swallow, possibly willow, each with a different second effect. (for the Kotchey it might be advisable to substitute kiss for willow as its specialty is bleeding - I didnt and survided but that took me a white raffods)5. If you can get through the initial monsters on rubedo alone postpone swallow till shortly before the fight.6. If you have runestones, you might just as well use them, there are not many things to save them for at this point (one for silver sword now, one for steel for azar, later and two for the epilogue...)The fight:If you did all or most of the above, the fight should be relatively easy (I know it can be annoying if someone tells you something is easy - but with the stuff above it is).I just fried the hell out of the thing with Igni, resorting to running when low on health (remember I forgot the kiss potion - with it it should be possible without runing).If you are a swordsperson, you might want different long potions and look at the swordstipps posted before.After the fight:Might be a good idea to stop at the nearby fireplace, meditate and repeat the above procedure fo the next fight with Azar (here willow is much better than kiss, of course...)Happy hunting

Regarding Jariff's Method:Do keep your eye on the clock if attempting the super-potion spproach of tackling the manor. Hard difficulty lowers the duration of the potions, and thus, you must make sure you won't take too long defeating a boss / area before the potions wear off. Generally, you shouldn't need to imbibe in any "special" potions until you've cleaned out the catacombs (tunnels), and are ready to face the Koschey. Retreat to the fireplace of your choice, and prepare, then face the giant crab. Then your potions SHOULD last for Javed too_Of course, your talent choices will affect the number of potions you may require.

Chuckles said:
Then your potions SHOULD last for Javed too.
It's always a good idea to have a few White Honey + extra potions at hand, so you can replenish your potion effects mid-fight if needed.

mardana said:
Oh, Velkito the reason Javed is losing hit points so fast is because of Berengars' amulet. It has some special power that drains Javed of his powers. You'd caught more on that if you posessed it but, probably didn't cause Berengar still alive. Not sure as I wasn't given a choice to let him live.
Why is Berengar's amulet so special? Is his not the Kaer Morhen wolf amulet that all the Kaer Morhen witchers have, but something else? And if so, where did he get the damned thing?I've never had my hands on Berengar's amulet, so I don't know anything about it.God, they put a lot into this game!

it's possible that the amulet effects stack, so having an additional amulet would be helpful if indeed they had any impact on combat or protection. But who knows, maybe the amulets start out as mere tokens, but any given witcher can "enhance" his amulet (or have it enhanced by a mage or sorceress) after receiving it, in which case we have no idea what Berengar may or may not have done to his -- those are my theories :)

this makes sense and I like it how it's handled in the game. Here and there we find some mysterious issues and it's up to our imagination to interpret it. It's a bit uninspired if there is always an answer to a question.

Yes, I think this one was left to our imagination. Game Widow is on to something here. If you opted to duel it out with Berengar, then there is a cutscene in which Geralt discusses the amulet of Berengar. Then, after the Javed battle, Geralt talks about Berengar and his amulet again. Basically, Geralt figures that Berengar must have planned on facing off with Javed despite his cowardly ways and that the amulet was specifically enchanted for this purpose--to give him the edge. Yah, just so you know, I didn't intend to kill Berengar but, happened due to poor choice during dialogue options. :(

mardana said:
Yes, I think this one was left to our imagination. Game Widow is on to something here. If you opted to duel it out with Berengar, then there is a cutscene in which Geralt discusses the amulet of Berengar. Then, after the Javed battle, Geralt talks about Berengar and his amulet again. Basically, Geralt figures that Berengar must have planned on facing off with Javed despite his cowardly ways and that the amulet was specifically enchanted for this purpose--to give him the edge. Yah, just so you know, I didn't intend to kill Berengar but, happened due to poor choice during dialogue options. :(
I've never killed him, so I'm very interested to hear what happens if you do -- thanks!

If you opted to duel it out with Berengar, then there is a cutscene in which Geralt discusses the amulet of Berengar. Then, after the Javed battle, Geralt talks about Berengar and his amulet again. Basically, Geralt figures that Berengar must have planned on facing off with Javed despite his cowardly ways and that the amulet was specifically enchanted for this purpose--to give him the edge. Yah, just so you know, I didn't intend to kill Berengar but, happened due to poor choice during dialogue options. Sad
Umm, I was at this point in the game just a few days ago. You know, this time around, I felt personally insulted by the way Berengar tells Geralt his dirtiest secrets just "so I can see that famous icy glare of yours". I'm not sure what Berengar said after that and before we started fighting, but I can't remember something in particular about the amulets. Can you quote it pls?

I don't have a save game for this point and don't remember the exact wording of the cutscene, sorry. Also, I plan to let him live next go round but, I could save and play through just to re-create situation for you guys. Warning, this may be a while due to my other projects at this time. Oh yeah! That was why I ended up fighting him--kind of insulted by his demeanor and really didn't like his trash talking attitude.

mardana said:
I don't have a save game for this point and don't remember the exact wording of the cutscene, sorry. Also, I plan to let him live next go round but, I could save and play through just to re-create situation for you guys. Warning, this may be a while due to my other projects at this time. Oh yeah! That was why I ended up fighting him--kind of insulted by his demeanor and really didn't like his trash talking attitude.
I didn't like it, either, but I wasn't going to let him push me into helping him commit suicide ... let Javed do that.

here's the conversation:Berengar: I betrayed Kaer Morhen's location to the Salamandra leader. Then I helped them with their research. I was hunting the Beast in the outskirts of Vizima when they captured me. I escaped and ran into Kalkstein, accepted his offer to open the tower in the swamp. That's when they nabbed me again. They weren't as nice the second time around... Finding Alvin, bringing him to them, was the only way I could save my skin.Geralt: Why are you telling me this?B: I wanted to tell you to your face, see that famous icy glare of yours.G: I don't intend to judge you…B: Does that mean you understand? You don't condemn me?G: I can't condone your choices, but I guess I understand…B: Meaning...G: Do what you think is right. I'm not your nanny...B: Take this. We'll meet again, White Wolf.

Actually, they wanted to know what was said in the cutscenes after having fought and killed berengar in ACT IV ;) Thanks Game Widow--I'm sure you must have played it through that way one of your play throughs. Do you have a save at that point to be able to tell them about the cutscene and what Geralt was saying about Berengars' amulet at that point? The next time Geralt talks about the amulet, if having killed Berengar, is after the Javed fight. They would like to know about this conversation too please. :wave:

i'm just getting to that part actually (modding is taking up quite a bit of time) ... so soon ... or maybe i can just find the dlg file in djinni :)stay tuned :) Edit: turns that was quicker than i thought ... do you mean these?Option 1
"We'll meet again, White Wolf"Berengar made his decision.He knew where Javed was hiding.He also knew I'd find the sorcerer sooner or later.He knew that facing Javed alone was suicide, for either of us.
Option 2
Unnecessary duel, unnecessary death.Nothing good came of it.Almost nothing.I can't fathom where Berengar got that medallion.Maybe he intended to face Javed...

I wanted to say thanks to everybody who had answered on my post about the fight with Javed! :wave: You could convince me to install the game again and to try to win. And I have played it till the end and I was not dissapointed about what I saw after Javed. I have understood, where the problem was. My advise for everybody, who wants to prevent such problems, is to make all the quests from the beginning, really all of them or you will never win against Javed. If you make all of the quests the power of Jeralt will be enormous. The fight against Javed was after that not so difficult. Now I am waiting for the following chapters of the game for PC. :)

Thanks Game Widow. Option 2 was the one I was talking about. I think there was more on that topic after the Javed fight too but, it's been a while since I played that part. :peace:

Hey,I have reached Azar Javed after defeating the two Great Brothers, but I have absolutely no healing potions or any alcohol to make one. I have only Willow and some chunks of meat. Is there a way for me to defeat the bastard? Something to use against blindness? I even tried downloading trainers, none worked because I have 1.5.0.1304.Any help would be appreciated!

I'm afraid you need to go back to a previous save to do preparations.Willow is a good choice, swallow of course as wellJaved is susceptible to precise hit. The Perun runestone is perfect, if you don't have it you can take the Wolf potion. For you sword you can take diamond dust, Brown-oil of Crinfrid-Oil instead.Though he is a wizard of fire you can roast him with Igni ;D

I managed! Just used Willow and the old knockdown-attack-flee tactic (specifically Aard, Strong Steel, Legs). For me it's a sort of cheating, but I had no choice. goodluck

Top Bottom