[Act V] Azar Javed fight moan/rant/complaint/suggestion

+
PetraSilie said:
Though he is a wizard of fire you can roast him with Igni ;D
I didn't even try Igni on him during my first two plays, because it seemed like a fire mage should be, if not invulnerable to fire, then far less vulnerable. I was astonished when I learned that Javed is just as vulnerable to Igni as any other critter. You know that old woman we overhear throughout the game, the one who says, "How strange!" Well, she speaks for me. :D

You know, I always have a handy perun runestone for hard bosses. Nowadays... the impossible difficulty from the FCR Mod... I have to try to prepare like a Real Witcher does before facing a foe. Azar Javed was no different. The Greater Brothers were always easy to defeat since The Mahakaman Rune Sihill penetrates armor, so I immediately prepare for a quick beatdown of 'em and then charge full force at Javed. The strategy I found very useful was rolling - slicing - aard/igni - slicing - rolling - slicing - aard/igni - slicing. Works like a charm.Although i almost poisoned myself preparing on the Insane difficulty before facing him. Maybe this time I will succeed... :dead:

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
I didn't even try Igni on him during my first two plays, because it seemed like a fire mage should be, if not invulnerable to fire, then far less vulnerable. I was astonished when I learned that Javed is just as vulnerable to Igni as any other critter. You know that old woman we overhear throughout the game, the one who says, "How strange!" Well, she speaks for me. :D
Javed has 90% resistance to fire in Act 2 and 75% resistance in Act 5. You've mistaken because of a bug which causes first igni cast to bypass resistance. Every another cast does reduced damage.

Flash said:
Flash said:
Flash said:
Javed has 90% resistance to fire in Act 2 and 75% resistance in Act 5. You've mistaken because of a bug which causes first igni cast to bypass resistance. Every another cast does reduced damage.
Well, that's comforting... :wall: Atleast we got a chance, though I wonder if the FCR mod allows this on Impossible? Haven't gotten there yet, sooo :peace:

Flash said:
Ah, good! Thanks for the information. I'm glad the old boy gets something out of being a fire mage; it seems only right. :D

I guess I used Igni once at the start of the fight to let him taste incineration (not FCR mod) and finished him with a fight. I had the Perun runestone but don't exactly remember what potions I used, at any rate 3 and used the basis of the 3 substancial elements. All in all it was a lethal preparation :evil:

PetraSilie said:
I guess I used Igni once at the start of the fight to let him taste incineration (not FCR mod) and finished him with a fight. I had the Perun runestone but don't exactly remember what potions I used, at any rate 3 and used the basis of the 3 substancial elements. All in all it was a lethal preparation :evil:
Lethal prep indeed. Now you should try fighting him with the bare minimum... see what he does. I once fought with nothing but the runestone on FCR harder level and one without him even scratching me. Now, of course, I was blinded a couple of times, but as soon as that happened... Berengar came to the rescue till I recovered. Eventually he died and I recovered and beat the freak, but I could not save him... oo well :peace:

No preparation except Perun on harder level in FCR? ahem... er... hmm... I need to think about it.P.SBerengar is generous and willing to make sacrifices ;D

PetraSilie said:
No preparation except Perun on harder level in FCR? ahem... er... hmm... I need to think about it.
All that thinking ain't good in FCR, I got killed for thinking too much :DThe FCR mod is no joke, by the way. Azar really pushed me to it on the harder level, let's see how I fair on hardest level, it's almost impossible :peace:
PetraSilie said:
P.SBerengar is generous and willing to make sacrifices ;D
Isn't he just a doll, literally ;D Seriously, he does help as he's the bait for Azar, either than that, him and his attitude deserve the boot. ;D

Top Bottom