[Act V] Can't return to Old Vizima to meet Kalkstein (Armor quest) (Spoilers)

+
[Act V] Can't return to Old Vizima to meet Kalkstein (Armor quest) (Spoilers)

Hey,I have an issue which seems to be stopping me from completing the armor quest.I have gone the neutral path, and need to meet Kalkstein. However, in order to get the notes of a minstrel I need to enter the striga crypt, and I cannot do this without completing the striga quest because the douche locks the doors.If I complete the striga quest, then I can no longer enter old vizima (the path is completely blocked by burning debris which aard has no effect on), and thus cannot return to kalkstein with the final part to complete my armor.As I imagine it is not impossible to complete this quest, I figure there must either be a way to enter old vizima despite the burning debris, or else there is some way to get the minstrel notes without completing the striga quest. But I cannot figure out either.I already assumed I would just have to push forward and meet Kalkstein later, so I fought all the way through old manor, just to reach the epilogue and have the journal entry read "Guess I lost my shot at that armor". Which is not an acceptable outcome for me as I like to play games once and play them right, so I'm going to have to go back and get my armor and hack through old manor again (which should give me a good indication of how much difference the armor makes if nothing else ;p). However, I cannot figure it out. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks

Forum veteran
You can re-enter Vizima by blasting with Aard logs to the left of the entrance of Vizima from the swamp. That should lead you....It's the same path you took to get out of Vizima, it's just the flames that confuse you. :peace:

I've entered Old Vizima from the Swamp and never had the path blocked by debris. ?? Are you turning right from Jean-Pierre then left down the center corridor then right just past the Old Forge? That should put you in the area of Kalkstein's place and the "Monsters".

I never had that problem either when I returned from the swamp cemetery and entered Old Vizima. Though I admit because of all the burning debris it's a bit tricky to find the right way. I think apart from Jean-Pierre's place there is also the Order's quartermaster in the vicinity of the breach in the wall.Sometimes you can trick the game, depends on Geralt's position. I move the camera so that I can see Jean-Pierre or the quartermaster. Then I try to click as close as possible to them and when the game mechancis accepts it, Geralt automaticly goes there without my guidance step by step :angel:

Forum veteran
PetraSilie said:
Sometimes you can trick the game, depends on Geralt's position. I move the camera so that I can see Jean-Pierre or the quartermaster. Then I try to click as close as possible to them and when the game mechancis accepts it, Geralt automaticly goes there without my guidance step by step :angel:
Silly WIlly :D I sometimes do the same, but once you learn the map by heart, it's unnecessarily a waste of time & effort.

Thanks for the input.Unfortunately it seems that my situation is different. I have tried using aard on all of the obstacles on every side of me and nothing will budge.Additionally, I have noticed that I am also unable to leave and go back to the swamp; though the path is not blocked it seems there is no exit map trigger at that point anymore.I have attached a screenshot showing my predicament. If your's does indeed look like this and there is a way to get out, please indicate specifically where I should try. I have already aarded the entire round at least twice, but if there is a specific spot perhaps I can aard it alone another 10 times and see if it budges.Thanks

I don't know where you are on this pic ;DOkay... let's take a walk with my Geralt... We start on the main road with the burning houses and wounded. You follow the road to the end. ... until you see the Order's banner, turn right, you will see Jean-Pierre, pass him and turn left ... and then you reach the breach in the wall and your cursor should turn into the gate icon This is a dead end. I guess you follow the main road and turn right into the alley before you reach the end. This alleay leads you to that un-Aard-able barricade. You can see on this pic the breach as well. I think you took your screenshot here from a different angle.Good luck :beer:

I think he is bugged ! If he is facing the break in the wall then the barricade on the right should not be there, it was broken for the last fight with necrophanges and the one on the left should not be there at all. Not being able to enter the Swamp is bugged also. I'll send him a screen-shot.

Thanks for the help. There is indeed a barricade where your screenshot indicates "no barricade" in my scenario.I guess I will repeat the striga quest and see if it happens again. I wasn't too happy about the way I did that quest anyway, I massively potioned up and got pain oils ready and then realised I could just run around the sarcophagus non stop instead. This time I might just play around with the striga a bit ;p.And just to clarify; I have been into and out of old vizima and the swamp several times as I run about doing small quests. Its just that once I complete the striga quest, old vizima suddenly becomes barricaded. I can't actual run down any roads at all, I'm stuck in a small rectanglish area with barricades on 3 sides and a non-functional breach exit on the other.edit: its resolved. I repeated the striga crypt, and this time when I went to old vizima, the barricades on either side were gone. You can see in the image I have blockages between me and Jean-Pierre, as well as to the right. Well now they are not present.Thanks for the assistance

Top Bottom