[Act V] Does Raven's Armor say something about...

+
[Act V] Does Raven's Armor say something about...

... the degree of difficulty, depending on the way you chose? To me, the armor of the elves is the least one, the other armors have much more to offer (to me). Does this mean, that this patch is the easiest one? I mean, I guess the patch of neutrality is the hardest one, because you have to fight against both sides, but I always thought, that the other two ways are equal?

Depends on your build.For me, the elven version makes the game easiest, since the first 5 things I do with gold talents is intelligence, mental endurance, intensity, then stamina, added endurance.A single tawny owl/albedo will then allow me to spam igni vs. everything without having to draw a sword, and never run out of juice.Ok, it makes the game easy, but .. it also makes the game boring.

A single tawny owl/albedo will then allow me to spam igni vs. everything without having to draw a sword, and never run out of juice.Ok, it makes the game easy, but .. it also makes the game boring.
Yes, but is really helpful against all that drowned deads in swamp area in Chapter V. :)

I've mentioned this before in other posts, but it's worth repeating .. I think that to balance the difficulty of the whole game to be PERFECT for ME, all I'll have to do is go from "Normal" to "Hard" difficulty, and NOT max out my Signs. Igni, in particular. ]:-> I may leave Igni at lvl-2 or -3 (I think I had it to 4 or 5 at the end on my first playthrough), and Aard at 4 .. we'll see. If I save up the skill points that I would have used on high-level signs and DON'T spend them on Attributes or Swords, it'll ramp up the difficulty a little more, and then even if I start hitting a "wall" on one boss or the other, I'll have the option of just meditating, spending a bunch of points on the Attribute, Sword skill, or Sign I "need" and then (if it's Igni or Aard) not USE that sign anymore after the 'obstacle' is removed. :evil: :peace: ..edit (add) : OH, and by the start of Chapter Five (on Normal) I was -ignoring- my most powerful potions (Full Moon, Wolf, all the Oils, etc) because it was too easy, so I'm hoping that with the above changes, I can look forward to "panic mode" more often, where I have to cast the 'Shield' sign, drink a couple more potions, and then try to stay alive while I switch tactics .. those tend to be the most enjoyable and FUN fights, for me, like the one with the Khotchkey . :D

I think for my next playthrough I'm going to make it "easy" just cuz I want to see how it plays out and not caring about hack n slash. After reading these forums, it seems to me that igni makes it "easy". Normally, I don't waste points on magic until I have nothing left to spend them on--except to be able to basically use them Lv 1. I concentrate on Str., Dxt., Stam., Int. a little, and sword skills. Eventually, battles get pretty easy in conjuction with weapon/armor upgrades and potion use. But, I'm going to have to check out this whole Igni thing cuz it always seemed pretty useless to me except for using the wayfarer stones. :hmmm: Quen was the only one that seems to have purpose--helps to be able to down a potion or food or change weapons etc. or spare the Striga/Adda chick. Aard's just plain fun for quick kills and head lopping. The rest seemed pretty useless.EDIT: 8) ST GHOST

Igni is fairly weak to start with, but once you get it to 4th level, it really packs a punch. Also get the sign intensity upgrades from the Intelligence line to power it up.Personally, I found that the Igni circle, power source and petris philter don't seem to affect Igni power much as it is based on a percentage health damage formula linked to your main igni talent or so.

A single tawny owl/albedo will then allow me to spam igni vs. everything without having to draw a sword, and never run out of juice.
What is this expression translated to plain English?? I keep seeing things like this in other posts, but I have no clear idea what is being said. Please update/educate my game lingo vocabulary.Roxy, I thank you. I was under the impression that spam was an unwanted e-mail. It just didn't make sense, now it does. Thanks.

RogueRoxy said:
In this case, the word spam is used to tell you to repeat using Igni several times. Spam is repetition.~ Roxy
To elaborate, etymologically this draws from the term "spam mail", which actually originates in an old Monty Python sketch. "Spam" actually means canned pork. The sketch had some people ordering food in a restaurant; whatever they ordered, the waitress brought spam. So that's where "spam mail"-term originates in. And since spam mail means unwanted mail, which often comes in large quantities, "spamming" something means simple heavy repetition of the same action. End aside.

Top Bottom