[ACT V] Killing the Koshchey

+
I kill that "thing" two times, first time using igni and running around like crazy for 1 min (on normal), and secound time on hard using silver sword with perun rune rushing on it (strong style), one igni, and then araad sign and hit him. Fight didn't last more then 10 sec...In both cases I used1. tawny oil with albedo2. willow /albedo3.Petri's philer /albedo4. cat /rubedoIf you got bleeding: after you kill it, use white honey/ White Raffords decoctaion and/or swallow.I don't want to offend anyone, but this rare moment when game put you on any challenge at all. And that is sad.

Well I'm offended. I drank potions until my toxicity was very high, meditated one hour, and then drank more potions. I still die die die. I drank Moon, five potions, knockdown resist, bleed resist, extra vitality, extra endurance and Albedo on silver sword. I tried both strong and fast styles. I tried the Igni and running around posts. I may wait now until Dec 6th when the free trainer is released, just for killing this dam spider. I do give kudos to you guys who figure this out so well. I've tried all your suggestions.

To all those trying to find the perfect potion combinations - don't forget Diamond dust/rune stones. The extra 40-60% damage and chance to hit is extremely useful for "boss" fights. I know there have been times when I was trying to mix different potion combinations and completely forgot about the damage runestones

Yeah, didn't mention that in my reply... but running around with the grindstone effect at least on my swords I totally forgot to mention that I used the diamond dust on the sword. :eek:

sd1612 said:
I got this thing on my first try, here's how: (not trying to sound arrogant :p)I had the shield spell on lvl 5 (100% damage resist) and took a Tawny Oil potion and a Willow. I started the fight with the shield on, then used my level 5 Igni on it several times until I had a quarter of my endurance left, and cast the shield spell.I waited until my endurance was back, and repeated it...over...and over (took about 3 minutes I think)
That's clever! I never built up my shield sign enough to try that, but now I'm wondering if it might even be possible to kill the kikimore queen that way!Cheers! :)

How long does the shield spell last? I never know when to repeat it, or a couple of the others either.

Great question. How do you know when the effect is off...short of seeing your health bar disappear very quickly?

i took blizzard and swallow plus 2 foods then a white honey. then you can use white raffords as needed during the fight. this should be enough to get you through. I had hangmans oil on my blade. it was a little dodgy at times but i did not get killed at all. Also I have ravens armor. I assume most would do this quest. Getting the anti bleeding skill would probably help with this fight as well. It was definitely the only really challenging fight during the game on normal. I have not tried it on hard.

Initially i was able to just damage it with my silver sword in strong style . No potions. But i was lvl 36. When it got down to half health the monster freaked out and i was unable to hit it ever since. My health got down to 30% so i drunk a blizzard and a shallow. From that point i started to run in circles and hit it with IGNI. I killed it preety easy using that strategy. But I was fighting between evening and midnight where i had the full moon talent boost and also i had top Intelligence with all the sign boost bonuses. Each fire attack was damaging it for around 200+ seting it on fire sometimes. I had also top endurance.

Finally, Igni for the win. ::) I don't like Blizzard. For me it seems to slow me up too much. Strange isn't it? I can hardly move around with that on.

Seefer said:
Since reaching Act V I have to say the gameplay has become totally anal in terms of difficulty and having to reload save games over and over again.Also, I'm finding that combat when using Blizzard is extremely dodgy and it often seems that the combat round is completely out of sync with what's going on on the screen. Many times I'm trying to cast a sign but nothing happens even though I have plenty of Endurance left. I'm also finding that even at a distance I'm being hit by the Koschay and watching my health plummet like a Courtesans underwear (and no it's not the Bleed effect doing damage to me).Can anyone give a good tactic on killing this fucking Koschay monster as it's completely ruining what has been well-balanced combat. This Koschay scrap is an utter chore....not a chalenge - I usually can;t abide cheat codes but never have a wished for a cheat code more so than now :mad:
Sorry, you sucking has nothing to do with the Gameplay being Anal, even on hard, koschay is not hard. If you use potions, the gameplay correctly, and signs, no fight is frustrating hard.

offtopic:Well, well now, no need to be rude. Kid obviously used to play new-age shallow shooters, so respect that a little...

Well, it was my hardest boss fight and it truly raised the adrenaline when i saw the mob chaining stuns on my poor face, so i went the good old method and used the "Benny Hill" technic: Run around, use the knockback sign(wind one) to repulse the creature hen you need to drink a potion, or cast Igni since it's repulsing the creature also a bit while inflicting (massive in my case) damage. Then run around until your mana gets back to full, and here you go again... I just avoided to get melee with this one, using only mana and health regeneration potions. Oh, and patience too :DBut i wasn't expecting some gimp creature, so i was glad he was harder than the previous bosses.I was only playing normal though

Hit him with aard beat on him, once he stands back off and use aard again. If he gets you with bleed just run around the pillars. Swallow + Tawny Owl should be all you need, willow helps too. He doesn't actually take much to kill you just need to blitz him so he can't get any hits off cuz he does a shit load of dmg with bleed + pain + knockdown. On normal 3 full silver strong combos should drop him, maybe even less. Stack dots works too, bleed + inceneration and you can just run around the pillars while he dies.

First off, I was playing on easy, so, whatever tactics I used, might prove null and void on other settings. Killing this "bug" was actually easier than the Kikimore Queen. All I did was cast Yrden, stood back, and use Igni when the glorified spider came into range.. i didnt even bloody my sword :D I guess the Elven version of the witcher armor helped, along with some pots.

blahblahxyz said:
There's nothing in this game you can't pretty easily kill by running around in circles and using igni.
Indeed! :) Did that alot. Specially with Koschay. He's like the Butcher in Diablo 1 - you can trap him by running around the pillers really fast :) I actually got the AI to slow down to a halt nearly. He would just stand there or run over too a corner. Guess he was afraid to fight me. Haha. :p

przodownikpracy said:
I beat this monster quite quick. I used oil witch make bleeding. I also drank potion to get resistance of knockdown, pain and bleeding and life regeneration. With Kościej I was fighting by strong style - silver sword.
Yup that is the better choice. However, the second time I faced it I rushed in and pounded it mercilessly without any potions at all, this is no joke. The freakin' spider like thing died without me suffering too much.

At first I was afraid it was going to squash me like a bug, since it kept knocking me down and my health had already dropped considerably. My silver sword didn't seem to trouble it very much either. When I scrambled to my feet for about the fifth time, I hit it with Aard (lvl 5), swallowed a Swallow ;-), then knocked it back again with Aard, drank a Wolf and probably a Devries Extract (though I'm not sure about the latter). After that I started pounding it again with my Silver sword in Strong style (or wast it the Fast style?), and it took no more than 3 or 4 hits before it died. I guessed at the time that this was due to the Wolf potion's effect to increase one's chance on a critical hit... So I was lucky never having to reload and could move on right after meditating the use of my newly earned talents :) !

Top Bottom