[ACT V] Killing the Koshchey

+
The post on meditating was good, but not complete. Try this: take the long pots, the one that doubles life, the one that doubles endurance, and the one that give greater chance for crit hit. Then meditate for 2 hours to clear all toxicity. Then take swallow, the enduranc rejuvinator, and the 2 that stop bleeding and stun. This assumes that you have put points into reducing toxitcity. I did this and killed both the Koch and Javed in one run on normal diff. Also use argentia on silver, and diamond dust on the steel sword.

I killed the Koschay by standing in the narrow space behind the two sarcophagus in the right side of the hall and igni it. It is too big and cannot get to me.

Just a suggestion... If you haven't got your signs or intelligence maxed out, you could use the wolverine potion. The damage you deal increases by 50%. I'd recommend a rubedo based mix :)

By the way, a dev earlier posted that the difficulty level sometimes varied meaning when you died loading from the same checkpoint can actually either render it easier or even make it harder.

Cryshal said:
Finally, Igni for the win. ::) I don't like Blizzard. For me it seems to slow me up too much. Strange isn't it? I can hardly move around with that on.
yup, every time I've tried blizzard, I've been horribly disappointed. the only thing it seems to slow down is YOU. the increase to dodge simply isn't worth it.yeah that koschey is the toughest monster since early act II archespore, no doubt.i did it this way:tawny/maribor/swallow/petri drink some milk or other good endurance restorer after you start casting spells.cast a level 3 trap near a wall (near a wall to make it easier to line up the direction he is coming at you from).move behind trap a few steps, when koschey hits trap and is bounced back, hit it with igni. lather, rinse, repeat.the trap lasts for about 11 hits at level 3, and slows him down and knocks him back. helps if you have igni and int maxed, with bonuses to incinerate.I think that monster has about 1500-1800 hp.for those that tried it, does the potion that stops bleeding actually work for that nasty special this thing has?

Phew!Well I won this fight after reading this thread - and all I did was simply run around the central pillar and used Igni when it was ready. Took about 10-12 hits (and the beast even got hold of me once) - but it was as simply as that.

This fight IS easy if you happen to hit on the right strategy. I didn't the first few times and got slaughtered. But, just like Oliver(the beefy, bad tempered actor)Reed, I used the pillar and Agni. Don't even know why I had my sword out. All the spider can do is try to change direction on you while he fries to death. But man, can that thing deal out the damage in an open fight! There really is no combination of potions that will get you through...

I took only offensive potions like Thunderbolt and Wolf, plus a few other fighting ones like Blizzard. This helped me to overwhelm the monster with my strong silver style using my Argentia-enhanced sword, so that it couldn't even strike at me. The battle was over very quickly.

One thing that worked for me is using the Kiss and Willow potions to mitigate the knockdown and bleed effects. Also, as someone mentioned, meditate for an hour before you enter the Koschey room to get rid of toxicity. I mainly used the fire sign (Igni) to kill him, combined with strong silver. My blade was coated with Argentia - the brown oil may work better.

Did not actually try it yet myself, but since it is a big monster, I suspect my often-used combo of Quen (barrier) + Trap + Igni would prove useful:1. Use the Quen sign and do not take (as much) damage.2. Drink a tawny owl3. Set a trap with Yrden; probably a trap of level 1 will be best since it has extra charges+knockback ... if you charge it up you get a special attack but the trap seems to disappear.4. When the Quen shield effect runs out, cast it again5. Use Igni on the monster6. Rinse and repeat.

for me was probab;y the most challenging fight in the whole game- which isn't to say it was hard, got him on the 3rd reload. trapon the ground, everytime he comes over it- he most of the time is knocked back...fire to knock him back - then strong style -few hits for 130+ and hie was dead. only potion i had on was swallow at the time.

Planewalker said:
In Slavic languages, the root of the word "koshchey" means "bone". :)
Not quite. Exact translation would be "Bony" but the proper translation from Polish to English should really have been "Reaper" (as in "Grim Reaper") that's what Kosciej's figure represents in Slavic folklore.

killed that beast by the first encounter, i use wolf and vitality potion + crinfrid oil (my favourite). im much on casting aard and igni so i blast the beast against a wall, cast an overload fireball on it and hit it with a strong style crinfrid pimped sword combo. worked very welledit: i have to admit - i think the crinfrid oil was useless but it looks nice ^^ if i knew i had to fight that thing i think i would have used a rune or diamond dust

LOved the video and the music when killing the Koschey - I've failed several times, but will try again tomorrow when I rest up! Thanks for all your ideas! I love this game and just can't wait to play everyday...Loved all the Gothics and Oblivion too. But Geralt has the best sense of humor, and never fails to make me laugh with his comments. Hope a Witcher II is in the works! ::) ;) ;)

Koschay in Slavic mythology is an immortal embodiment of evil. Suposedly he has hidden his heart somewhere which makes him invulnerable. So seeing him as a giant crab didnt make much of impression on me.Yrden sign worked beautifully on hard on him. Killed him too. I didnt even need to use igni on him or hit him very much.

i have a simple solution to destroying this monster run around the pole and cast igni all the time and you shouldn't get hit and after awhile the beast doesn't know your there so its starts to walk slower and you have more time to have a potion if you do get hitit did take me 2 goes tho to beat this beast but the first i was going head to head with it and i forgot to make some more potions cause i ran outbut that tactic was the simplest tactic i found worked well i didn't try anything else oh and i did drink a tawny owl to increase the endurance rate

Top Bottom