[ACT V] Killing the Koshchey

+
I drank tawny owl, swallow, and petri's philter (+ sign intensity)First I casted Quen to protect myself, then I draw Yrden before the Koshkey (Quen keeps protecting while you do that)then I walked backwards. The Koshkey walks over the Yrden sign and gets thrown backwardsthen I just kept casting Igni, the koshkey could not reach me, and he was soon a fried chicken!Hope it helps!

the problem I have with this encounter is not tactical, I came in search of this thread because I thought the encounter was bugged!!My tactics basically consist quaffing swallow, wolverine, tawny owl and and willow and then running around the pillars using aard and igni and strong silver style. My blade has diamond dust on it.My problem? It all starts wonderfully until my signs stop working. At first I thought it was some kind of effect on me but I've not been hit yet and there is nothing to that effect on the ui. Then the blooming thing starts stunning me. Um, what were those potions for? Needless to say it's a lost cause after that. Sometimes I'm lucky and my signs come back briefly, but always when it is in the process of devouring me.Nobody else experienced this?

The potions don't grant immunity, especially against what is considered the penultimate monster that can only be created by forbidden magic. It's a boss monster. If you choose to forego signs and attack it, you're going to take damage, you can't get around it.

Nighteye said:
There is a potion that doubles your vitality - it should help a lot on the harder difficulty levels.
"full moon" very usefulthen its hit and run with igni and silver.i used fast style

To humiliate the koschey, you need:Albedo Tawny OwlRubedo SwallowFull MoonMaribor ForestPetri's PhilterYou'll be pretty hopped up on toxicity, but not too badly. Move around and blast Igni repeatedly. If he gets too close, use Aard - it flings him around nicely. I heard that Yrden helps as well because the koschey always charges you in a straight line and gets pushed back by the trap.

First two times he killed me quickly. At the third time I killed him easly.Its good to drink willow potion, and maybe owl. Use aard sign, to put him under the wall or something - use aard, attack him, use aard, atack him - strong and silver. Aard sign moves your oponnent, so you lose time to get near to him.

wth is so hard about him??? :sI didn't read every post so i don't know about the hard difficulty because i played on normal but the topicstarter was also playing on normalI defeated him easily with no potions (O wait, i had the cat potion :beer:) & no temporarely sword upgrades (diamont dust or what are they named, you know the +60% damage)I just ignited him 3 times, then strong sword and when my bar regenerated a final igni in the end-Geralts health loss: 5-10%Note:I finished most quests which means alot of talents.. All my sword skills are fully silver & bronz(duh) upgraded & my igni skill is fully upgraded exept the chance of fear, i haven't tried screwing around with 'fear' but i don't like enemies running away from meIf your havign trouble, just use a diamond dust on your sword and drink a few potions before going into combat (wolverine, swallow, wolf..)

Beat him on hard first try - Aerondight with Rune Stone Perun, and the Raven armor of the order, maxed silver fast style and maxed Igni plus I improved my resistances to knockback/bleeding in the talents just for this fight, used one White Raffard´s Decoction, Wolverine and a Blizzard. It was not that easy but not that hard anyway.

Nighteye said:
There is a potion that doubles your vitality - it should help a lot on the harder difficulty levels.
That is the Full Moon. Unfortunately, you got to wait for it to replenish, because it does not heal you.

The Igni and walk around the pillar in the middle of the room worked without a hitch!!!!!

Fought this sucker last night. Was dreading the meeting but thankfully I beat it on my second try.Used Argentia oil on my silver sword to increase the damage, drank swallow and willow potions then just piled in with the strong silver attack. Didn't try any dodging or running away, I just kept blasting it with Aard, then beating the crap out of it as it was trying to recover, tried a couple of blasts of Igni, don't know whether it had much effect. I was down to about 10% vitality, the dreaded heartbeat pounding away. I was expecting Geralt to keel over at any second when the Kotschey just turned up his toes and croaked it - what a relief.I agree with an earlier poster about not knowing how much health the damned thing had left that was a bit annoying.

The last time fought that Koschay was really frustrating... Somehow I got my toxicity very high up and it seems at some point you can no longer use signs once you get there, so I was lown on health and couldn't use any signs - sucked big donkey balls.

I had been defeated about 6 times then I tried przodownikpracy's approach (page 1, third post) and succeeded..used igni a lot as well. I used swallow, willow and kiss, silver sword and strong style.

KellyJordt said:
The post on meditating was good, but not complete. Try this: take the long pots, the one that doubles life, the one that doubles endurance, and the one that give greater chance for crit hit. Then meditate for 2 hours to clear all toxicity. Then take swallow, the enduranc rejuvinator, and the 2 that stop bleeding and stun. This assumes that you have put points into reducing toxitcity. I did this and killed both the Koch and Javed in one run on normal diff. Also use argentia on silver, and diamond dust on the steel sword.
Thanks for all the help in this thread, both the one I've quoted and several others.My right mouse button doesn't work properly, so I can't charge up signs, which removed the option for me to Igni the thing to death. But just the knowledge that it really could be killed with strong silver, plus the long potion + meditation advice enabled me to kill it with the sword. I must say, the long potion plus meditation trick is so useful that it almost feels like cheating!Thanks to everyone in this thread who's given useful advice!

Initially, I too was getting pumelled by there.Then one one Igni, it started suffering from Pain (I had got that talent). After that it started moving much more slowly - giving me enough time to spam Igni on it until it died. Each time, it suffered from pain and was never able to attack me thereafter.

First time i used full moon and swallow, Now I plan to use nigredo wolf rubedo swallow and thunderbolt to see if I will do >100dmg to him /+the rune dmg/ Do you think I will inflict high enough dmg?

Nigredo Wolf and Rubedo Swallow is a tasty cocktail but I wouldn't take Thunderbold because it makes dodging and parrying impossible. Why don't you use a blade coating instead? Perun runestone rocks 8)

HiI know where you're coming from! Constantly dying is very tedious and takes some of the game-playing pleasure away certainly. I too was killed quite a few times by this nasty giant, in the end I managed to defeat it by making a Samum bomb, blasting it with Igni and fighting on fast silver sword. I was near death by the end but I actually beat it. I then had to trek all the way to the fireplace to meditate and make potions but at least there weren't hordes more nasties waiting ...Good luck, I hope you get through this!

Top Bottom