[ACT V] Killing the Koshchey

+
:(I am having hell with this. 40+ goes and still get screwed. Tried some of the suggestions; tried as I am on level 26, level 3 Igni and only Cat, Tawny Oil potions available. At the most I have got it to 1/3 health but it does not seem to go below this. Frustrating as hell.Thought this would be the first RPG I managed to finish but this is just not fun...

I killed it with the 3rd combo strike.I had the Revan's armor of the Order,Moonblade with the rune that gives 60% damage,Wolverine which adds 50% damage,Strong style at level 5.Plus a small swallow.The total damage total was 100% (moonblade)+10% (revan's armor of the order),rune +60% (can't remember name),Wolverine +50% (potion) and the grand total is +230% damage.I also killed Javed quickly as well with the Rune Sihil and the above effects.Difficulty normal.

;D ;D ;D Finally!!! Beat it. Th only thing that worked for me was running around the middle pillar and blasting it with Igni. Strong Silver finished it off but it almost had me even then. Needed to take a ? potion to instantly revive Vitality otherwise I would have been history; the red bar was on zero...One thing I would like to see changed. Following a cut scene, do an automatic save and leave say 3-4 seconds before the action starts. It is dead boring seeing the cut scene for 50+ times...Yes ESC cuts through a lot of it but you still have to click through the dialog a lot. That is where the auto save would help.Now maybe I can finish before the EE gets released :evil:

Congratulation to your victory over the Kochchey :beer:I think the worst attacks from that beast are knockdown and stun. If Geralt isn't prepared His attribute tree also offers usefull resistances (if you used talents in it) e.g. Strength http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Strength and stamina as well http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Character_Development_StaminaBut you can also drink Willow http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Willow

*sigh* I can't kill this damn thing. I drink so many potions (which I need) that my toxicity is very high. Swallow, wolverine, I even tried blizzard. I'm using aerolidth(sp?) and it does about 40% more damage due to a rune or something like that. And I've got Raven's armour.I tried aard or igni, and once I got it's health low, but everytime I attack I start bleeding and I can't attack anymore! Then that thing whips my health gradually. Blizzard isn't really helpful in this situation, just makes the stunned animation slower.I've read through this thread, but most of the tips I've already tried on my own, to no avail. I'm playing hard and it's my first run through. Oh and for some reason I can't use magic after a while, even if my bar is full.

Use Kiss right before the battle begins. You also want to already have swallow and a nigredo and a rubedo effect on you already. Wolverine is always nice too.Then simply hit the beast without using signs. You can use Quen to get a short break in between on course. Yraden is nice too to give you some space. Igni only really damage the first time you hit it with. Aard is useless here.

Well I managed to kill it and stay at nearly full health :D I just used Igni and ran. Javed was easier, and a cooler battle imo.

Cryshal said:
I drank potions until my toxicity was very high, meditated one hour, and then drank more potions. I still die die die. I drank Moon, five potions, knockdown resist, bleed resist, extra vitality, extra endurance and Albedo on silver sword. I tried both strong and fast styles. I tried the Igni and running around posts. I may wait now until Dec 6th when the free trainer is released, just for killing this dam spider. I do give kudos to you guys who figure this out so well. I've tried all your suggestions.
Okay, I've read about half the posts on this thread, and before I read the rest (and see how the thread 'resolved', I'm going to just lay out how I remember the fight. Most of my Signs are on level-3, most of my sword skills are level-4, and all of my 'base stats' (Strength, Dexterity, etc) are level-5, with about 1/2 of the options on level-4 and level-5 "paid for", for most of them .. I think I was about 36th level in all when I fought this beastie, and I'm playing on Normal. I'm still in the Ice Realm on my first playthrough, so ... ;) I'd been having things too easy up 'til the Koshchey, so knowing the fight was coming, I decided to just go with "Wolverine" (w. rubido) and "Swallow" (w. Negrido) potions for my first try. When the fight started, I charged right in with Strong Silver, hit it a few times, and started getting some bleeding and pain effects when it counterattacked. It didn't seem able to knock me down, and the damage incoming was managable, but stiff enough to worry me a bit. We went back and forth a until I decided I needed to pull back and "potion up" a bit more (when my vision goes GREY, I reassess my tactics! ), so I cast the 'shield' sign, and let the Elf take it on while I backed up a bit. Drank a "Rafford's Decoction" (albedo), then a "Shrike" (rubido?), and then I -think- I stunned it with the Ard sign and waded back in; I think it had just finished off the Elf. A charged Igni sign or two followed when I stunned it with pain (I -think- it was pain.. small break in it's attempts to attack me, at any rate). I was using the Lady of the Lake sword, with a 40% rune on it .. and after a few more sword sequences, the fight was over. I don't use the oils much, since it makes things too easy (for me) on Normal level, and I liked Blizzard -earlier- when fights were less complicated, but NOW .. it seems to interfere with signs and TIMING too much, and I fight much better WITHOUT Blizzard potions. My toxicity never rose above half, so I had plenty of "breathing room".

Hi Guys,Is there an easy way to kill this f*****g Koshchey????I want to kill it as soon as possible and complete the ACT to reach at lat Epilogue.Please help!

pepez said:
Hi Guys,Is there an easy way to kill this f*****g Koshchey????I want to kill it as soon as possible and complete the ACT to reach at lat Epilogue.Please help!
No.The answer is already in this thread. Go read it.

If you prepare properly, none of the fights are that difficult (some would argue that they are all very easy ... i wouldn't go quite that far)1. make sure you protect Geralt (oil your sword, get the healing going, make sure you have the best armor available to you at the time)2. don't wait for the koshchey to attack you, be pro-active3. strong opponent, strong sword styleand they koshchey hates igni from what i've seen, so if your igni sign is sufficiently pumped up you should be fine

Tobariah said:
Tobariah said:
No.The answer is already in this thread. Go read it.
Could you be more rude and unhelpful? Why even post?

Easy - Use the knockdown potion, a swallow potion, and dust/insect oil on your blade. Power up Quen sign before you walk in to talk. Power up strong style (level 4 strong silver) and let it rip. Do a quick right click to fire up Quen again. Power up strong style, let it rip. I just checked and it took 5 cycles of this with no additional buffs (other than base talents).(previously I had posted killing the Zeugl thing. Same thing only quen/group style powerup for tentacles and then smack away with strong style combos on the main beast).

Top Bottom