[ACT V] Killing the Koshchey

+
My tried and tested Koshchey & Azar method:1. Find Campfire2. Make sure you are in nighttime, but not too far - by now you should have nighttime talents which will give you an edge3. Full Moon, Maribor Forest, Wolf, Wolverine, Willow (definately), Kiss, Petri's Philter, Golden Oriole (unsure if effective on Koshchey's venom), Shrike (not nec.), Tawny Owl. Drink these and rest as necessary. You should leave the fireplace without any toxicity.4. Have a Blizzard, plus Swallow and White Raffard potions handy.5. Perun rune stone both your silver sword and steel one.6. Go to entrance to Koshchey encounter and drink a swallow. Save.7. When encounter occurs, immediately drink Blizzard. Use Strong Style with Silver and kick it's butt.8. Continue through and wipe out Azar while still under the effects of your potions (you won't need Blizzard with Azar).Do note at after fighting the Koschey, you will constantly loose life if it has had a good go at you. But with a decent skill level and your full moon potion, it shouldn't kill you.I can never tell what does this- it is like Bleeding, but without the icon warning.

wow! you really prepare :eek: i just make sure that i have a really good oil (like argentia), the best sword i can muster at the time and swallow :peace:but definitely strong silver all the way ;Dnote i do prepare separately for azar and for him i also take willow :peace:

Willow as a preperation for Javed is a must have. Once I fought him without it and it was a pain in the neck that Geralt was very often affected of knockdown and stun. Eventually he succeeded but with Willow it makes the encounter easier :)

Chuckles said:
Chuckles said:
wow! you really prepare :eek:
It really makes the encounters a breeze when I prepare this way. The Koshchey doesn't stand a chance. I toy with Azar ]:->
That's one of the things I love about this game -- there are so many ways to play. Pumped up Strong Silver will do a lot of damage, but so will pumped up Igni or Yrden. And if you take enough potions, it's hard for anything to get you -- with a Full Moon in your belly, you can even survive a strike from the Kickimore Queen. Swordsmen, mages, and alchemists -- there's room for all of them in Geralt's skin. I usually go the sword route, even though I play a mage in most other RPG's, just because the sword animations are so breathtaking. I'm usually all about gameplay and couldn't care less about eye candy, but the sword-fighting animations are so stunning that they reel even me in!

I have used Willow and Tawny Owl. I have coated my steel sword with all the oils imaginable. I have used Aard on him in the region opf 15 times or more AND I AM STILL UNABLE TO DEFEAT HIM. I am about to go nuts!!!!

The Perun runestone is very effective against Javed. Drink an Albedo Swallow, a Nigredo Shrike (or an other offensive potion) and a Rubedo Willwow, Additionial substances you can arrange differently. You can use Igni on him and roast him.More info and strategy you find in this post,. works on Koshchey and Javed or other suggestions in this threadGL :beer:

I had it rough the first time, even after all preparations, even on Medium level. I eventually had to resign to scrambling like mad and throwing mediocre Igni at it until it finally died. The second time on Hard difficulty I had mastered Igni to Gold and it was a breeze. This time on Hard I specialized Quen, which I don't recommend but in this case it was pretty effective even without much preparation. I don't know if he's actually vulnerable to blinding, but he seemed easier to dodge after hitting him with the Piercing Light charge-up.

I think those who have lot of trouble here have probably rushed a little too quickly through, and not developed their skill trees enough.Take your time and earn some talents. The higher level you are, the easier these encounters are (unless you spent too much on signs and not enough on character-builders).

That was probably the case; I don't remember what level I was, but I finished Azar at level 35 that playthrough.I tried this battle again with the same build as last, and noticed the koshchey dodged the Piercing Light attack, and yet still acted blinded. This was after it had already torn me down to nearly dead, suddenly he was no longer attacking or counter-attacking.

I find the quest extremely hard! I ran out of potions and still got the normal armor. Where should I go to stock up on potion based alcohol?Can I get the new ravens armor before this quest?I did not enter the catacombs yet, I am still down the path where I beat the Mutant Rayla.

When you go into the catacombs, you will have not one but TWO boss fights. You really want to have Raven's armor by this point!If you need help finding or assembling Raven's armor, the Witcher Wiki has all the details: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Armor_(quest)

I finally got the armor and lots of potions but I still cant beat Koshchey. I get him to about 50% then I die. I am using Swallo, blizzard, and kiss. I have the reward sword from the striga quest too.EDIT: I also used full moon now, I got Koshchey to about 25% but then blizzard ran out and I died. What should I do?

alexkapi12 said:
I finally got the armor and lots of potions but I still cant beat Koshchey. I get him to about 50% then I die. I am using Swallo, blizzard, and kiss. I have the reward sword from the striga quest too.EDIT: I also used full moon now, I got Koshchey to about 25% but then blizzard ran out and I died. What should I do?
I beat the Koshchey easy every single time [I play on hard difficulty]. Tips:
Use potions: Wolf, Thunderbolt and Tawny Owl. Make sure they have Rubedo as base substance.If still hard: Use Swallow if Rubedo base is not enough.Explanations:Tawny Owl helps Endurance so use Igni or Aard (whichever is more upgraded) and push Koshchey when its too close to you.When away, attack with Fast Silver or Strong every now & then. Wolf + Thunderbolt handle damage. If still failing, exchange or add Wolverine to the mix. If too much endurance taken... Use golden oriole or base potions on albedo.
This spoiler is really effective on the hard difficulty, though with practice... all you need is a Swallow potion and Armor (Raven or Order)I hope this helps. ;)

... and don't forget blade enhancements ;) Argentia should be fine against the Koshchey or the Perun runestone, if you have two. Perun is very useful against Javed. If you have only one, use it for this fight. here and there you find more advices for theses fights.

I did a lot of running around and use igni couple of strikes and run . My vitality always got low had to run or die the attack that caused bleeding from the koshchey always got me if I stuck around it for more than a strike and run .

Im in the last Act and have killed a slew of Mutants of all sizes. I thought i was doing pretty good until
I met up with Azar and he said heres my perfect killing beast and then set up his electrical field so I couldnt escape the thing, Im also hitting it w/strong style and silver sword-Airondale. Ive tried torching it and running around as it is pretty tough and sapping my Vitality, I quaffed a Full Moon to keep up w/ Vit. loss but still got knocked on my but the moment Im in reach of its claws-i cant see anything i might lure it to to Aard something on top of it as Geralt did in earlier act w/Kikkimore Queen-can anyone advise?
On another note, I was searching for the Champ to fight in the Cemetary in the Swamp and didnt find him even tho' I meditated by the fire and chg'd times. Just spoke to the ol' guy there who lost his son. I have already lifted the curse from the Striga (Her Highness). Any suggestions on locating him for my last fistfight. Id appreciate advice on both things. Im guessing im very close to the end here and really have enjoyed the game. Im going to upgrade to most recent version after this and play all over, this time however...a more sinister Geralt, to see how choices result in different outcome. I really love this game! Petra are you out there?

For the fistfight champ: There are some caves in that swamp area, did you check them all?
http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/File:Map_Refugees_caves.png the southern one, if my mind works correct

Top Bottom